Inforad K1 Speed Camera Detector

skomaz

Anybody use one of the above / have one of the above GPS camera detectors?

Currently £39 at 7dayshop with a lifetime database subscription.

It would certainly fit my needs as I'm not into satnav and just want something basic and small to keep me forwarned when I'm out and about for work and running late...

Anybody use one of the above / have one of the above GPS camera detectors?

Currently £39 at 7dayshop with a lifetime database subscription.

It would certainly fit my needs as I'm not into satnav and just want something basic and small to keep me forwarned when I'm out and about for work and running late...

Buy a better alarm? :yawn:

Thanks for that - I have two small kids so already have the early morning call :thumbup: ... It's getting out of the house with them that's the problem :rofl:

Thanks for that - I have two small kids so already have the early morning call :thumbup: ... It's getting out of the house with them that's the problem :rofl:

I'm sorry, but am I getting you right? You want to buy this so you can get away with speeding with kids in the car... Seriously mate?? Are you for real?

I'm sorry, but am I getting you right? You want to buy this so you can get away with speeding with kids in the car... Seriously mate?? Are you for real?

Nope you are misinterpreting what I said...

I said I have two small kids so dont need a new alarm clock so I can get up earlier.

I then went on to say that said kids can lead me to being late leaving the house to walk them to school and nursery.

This in turn makes me late back from walking them to school meaning I'm late leaving the house in the car to get to work and/or meetings etc. in far-flung places.

This in turn means I often go a bit faster than the speed limit to make up time and get there on time.

Hence the thought of getting a speed detector to keep me right.

Does that clarify and take away your incredulity?

• Like 1

Nope you are misinterpreting what I said...

I said I have two small kids so dont need a new alarm clock so I can get up earlier.

I then went on to say that said kids can lead me to being late leaving the house to walk them to school and nursery.

This in turn makes me late back from walking them to school meaning I'm late leaving the house in the car to get to work and/or meetings etc. in far-flung places.

This in turn means I often go a bit faster than the speed limit to make up time and get there on time.

Hence the thought of getting a speed detector to keep me right.

Does that clarify and take away your incredulity?

So then the law doesn't apply to you?

Oh yes it does but as your obviously one of those that are going to bang on about it I'll just leave this thread here. :dull:

• Like 1

No - don't be sorry - your entitled to if you like - it's your perogative. :yes:

Unfortunately for me I have 19 years of highway design, traffic management, traffic calming, transport planning and traffic/transport assessment experience, much of it including accident analysis and safety schemes etc. so have a fairly detailed knowledge of how roads are designed, speed limits set and safety elements positioned. I therefore have my own personal views on these things which probably don't match yours.

I dont want to get into yet another discussion about them - that's all - so no offence taken at this end and I hope none at yours! :thumbup:

Cheers

• Like 1

Sorry for criticising someone intending on breaking the law...

Do you always get out of the bed the wrong side or do you have a halo and have never ever acidentaly strayed over the speed limit

Do you always get out of the bed the wrong side or do you have a halo and have never ever acidentaly strayed over the speed limit

So you think its ok to buy a device so you can break the law and not get caught? That is completely different from straying above the speed limit!And you know it!:thumbup:

Edited by P13SST

Guest westallc

No - don't be sorry - your entitled to if you like - it's your perogative. :yes:

Unfortunately for me I have 19 years of highway design, traffic management, traffic calming, transport planning and traffic/transport assessment experience, much of it including accident analysis and safety schemes etc. so have a fairly detailed knowledge of how roads are designed, speed limits set and safety elements positioned. I therefore have my own personal views on these things which probably don't match yours.

I dont want to get into yet another discussion about them - that's all - so no offence taken at this end and I hope none at yours! :thumbup:

Cheers

so its you i have to blame for the rubbish roads and layouts we have lol :p

only joking :rofl:

Edited by westallc

Guest westallc

pi3sstt i have give you 2 rep points as i dont think you or anyone deserves bad rep for just having a judgement on something even if you jumped on him a bit

we are all friends on brisky and its christmas soon

Edited by westallc
  • Like 2

so its you i have to blame for the rubbish roads and layouts we have lol :p

only joking :rofl:

Depends where it is and whether I want to incriminate myself... :rofl:

I like to think that what I have been involved with is better than most as I try to be objective rather than swayed by, for example, prejudice or political pressure. It's certainly better than a lot of what I have seen on my travels but then again it's easy to criticise the work of others when you haven't been directly involved - there are often many reasons for a particular design or layout that are not immediately obvious from a drive through.

(and there's me saying I would leave this thread alone! :( )

Edited by skomaz

Guest westallc

Depends where it is and whether I want to incriminate myself... :rofl:

(and there's me saying I would leave this thread alone! :( )

you cant help yourself you love the banter...... :giggle:

p.s jct 11 M4 + m3 jct with m25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf lol

you cant help yourself you love the banter...... :giggle:

p.s jct 11 M4 + m3 jct with m25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf lol

I know I know (re the banter that is...)

PS I usually use junction 12 and Bath Road

Edited by skomaz

That was entertaining :) It doesnt matter how many anti-speed camera devices you have or how good they are. Police patrols and undercover cars is what will catch you out. You have just as much chance of being caught by one of those just as much as the next person.. no matter how much kit you have to tell you when a camera is. I would say most people speed at some point.

So P13SST what your telling us that you never break the law, I find this hard to believe as I think almost everyone breaks the law 1 way or another in their life time.

I have broken several laws, everyone does! But I don't start my day with the intention of doing so, read my posts again mate.

Rather than shelling £39 out of your own pocket why not do what the road planners around this way seem to do....

Change the layouts / priorities / junctions / traffic light sequences on the roads getting to work so they are in your favour thus not having to speed :)

(Not saying you shouldn't speed, that would be hypocritical)

Edited by Bertee

Rather than shelling £39 out of your own pocket why not do what the road planners around this way seem to do....

Change the layouts / priorities / junctions / traffic light sequences on the roads getting to work so they are in your favour thus not having to speed :)

(Not saying you shouldn't speed, that would be hypocritical)

Now I'm not saying that I have seen that done in practice but I do know of at least one location where it would appear that traffic light sequences and timings have been changed to give priority to minor roads with little traffic on them, creating massive queues on a major trunk road to help promote a bypass scheme... :doh:

I've seen it done a couple of times locally to me, no other reason for changing the priority and layout of the junction.

If I was a road planner sat waiting at a junction every night I would definitely be thinking of how to make a change in my favour.