Inforad K1 Speed Camera Detector

skomaz

Anybody use one of the above / have one of the above GPS camera detectors?

Currently £39 at 7dayshop with a lifetime database subscription.

It would certainly fit my needs as I'm not into satnav and just want something basic and small to keep me forwarned when I'm out and about for work and running late...

go on the inforad website, you can get one with with an aerial and a few other goodies for £30 or just the unit charger and subscription for £20

Hi P13sst,

It is possible to set traffic light controllers to do that but it is bad practice as it generally causes more safety issues (rear end shunts) than it resolves so isn't normal practice. If Local Authorities were found to be doing so and there was an accident record as a result they could end up with real legal problems.

The speed detector loops that are cut into the road in advance of traffic lights are actually designed to work the other way round and extend the green time by a few seconds to prevent hard braking and reduce accidents...

go on the inforad website, you can get one with with an aerial and a few other goodies for £30 or just the unit charger and subscription for £20

Cheers Dan - I'll have a lookise but initial feedback from otehrs has indicated that the database may not be the best...

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the 'Snooper Saphire' for a couple of years and it returns everything, even laybys where known hand held cameras are used. The data base is always up to date.

The actual speed indicator is more accurate than the cars own speedometer.

Edited by hussarman

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the lights round my way go red if you are approaching in excess of the speed limit. One of the best systems I have seen.

i'd just jump the lights,my plates are non recognisable by anpr cameras,and i set out with every intention of breaking the law everytime i turn the key in my car.So stick that in your holier than thou pipe and smoke it