16 replies to this topic

#1 dj666

dj666

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 16:31

hi can anyone reccommed any windsreen wipers as i use skoda ones from dealer but they have changed from bosch(i like these ones so whould like to get something witch works aswell or better) to valeo as i have found them to be rubbish. iam looking for new ones i have tried halfords ones before aswell and did not like them ether.

#2 Wardy

Wardy

My Octy's for sale.

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,017 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 16:35

XOPC Acrobat Extremes. Best I've used. End of.

Silicon so outlast rubber ones and work in colder conditions and aren't affected by ice and frost.

http://www.xopc.co.u...wiperblades.htm

Steve

#3 Rob.

Rob.

It's GONE!

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts
  • Car:94' 520i Touring

Posted 07 December 2009 - 16:55

£43.40 for a 21in & 19in, are they really worth the cash Steve?

Edited by reflex88, 07 December 2009 - 17:04.

#4 Wardy

Wardy

My Octy's for sale.

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,017 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 17:04

Freedom discount will shortly be re-applied to these, which brings them down to £30ish IIRC.

They are more expensive yes, but you'll spend £20ish on Bosch or flatblade replacements and these will easily outlast them. Plus you don't run the risk of having a slight bit of ice or frost on the screen now the cold mornings are back and ruining your rubber blades. The screen also gets coated with silicone as you use them, so gives glass protection, prevents the window icing up as much and also helps move water from the screen when at speed.

For me it's a no-brainer but can appreciate that it's a costlier purchase than other offerings.

Steve

#5 Jigger72

Jigger72

Larry Hagman's eyebrow

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 20:48

I've just bought the Bosch aero retrofit for mine and went to Wiltshire this weekend where it didn't stop raining and the wipers were brilliant.

Nice and quiet and cleared the windscreen well. Plus, they worked really well at speed in the wind, unlike the last flea-bay set I had which just created a rain curtain rather than clear the screen. However, I would have bought the Acrobat Extremes had I known there was going to be a Freedom discount :doh:

The Bosch were £26 icl. P+P from wiperblades.co.uk so for an extra £4 it'd be worth getting the Extremes I think.

Don't they do a normal Acrobat version as well though?

PS Why can't I use emoticons? Emoticons are my life. I'm incapable of expressing true emotion without them :(

#6 ExAudiSi

ExAudiSi

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Car:VW Passat CC TDI & Porsche 968 Coupe

Posted 07 December 2009 - 20:48

I tried silicone wiper blades on SWMBOs old Peugeot years ago and they were nowhere near as good as Bosch ones. Had them replaced under warranty as they had apparently worn prematurely, but they were still rubbish. I have just fitted a set of genuine retro-fit Aero blades to my Octy and have been pleasantly surprised as they seem to be just as good as the Bosch ones.

#7 Jim H

Jim H

Happy Briskodian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 21:02

Bosch retro fit Aero wipers (Aero-Twin) are the muts nuts. B) You can order them from the surprisingly called Wiperblades.co.uk Wiperblades.co.uk - Skoda Fabia 99-07, I don't know how good their own brand of wipers are like. You could also try fleBay.

Don't bother with those silicone ones (eg, PAA ones), you might as well have ordinary ones and cover screen in RainX.

Edited by Jim H, 07 December 2009 - 21:06.

#8 Babs

Babs

You Know My Name™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 21:40

Sure you're fitting them right? Valeo are as good as Bosch!

#9 Gti Fly

Gti Fly

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Car:2002 Fabia 1.9pd 100bhp (atd)

Posted 07 December 2009 - 22:28

Sounds like a dumb question,

But have you tried manually cleaning the windscreen with something like Turtle Wax GLASS POLISH? or any decent glass polish for that matter?

Personally I do this once in a while, and I regularly treat the glass with Rain-X, which means you don't need to use the wipers above 40mph to be honest.

And on top of that, I buy the wipers from EuroCarParts, they sell bosch ones for something like silly cheap like £5 each.

All of the above works for me mate

#10 dj666

dj666

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:05

these are the first set that have been rubbish and i fitted them the same. i do clean the windscreen the same but im better off not using them at all. any idears welcome

#11 Stevolution

Stevolution

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Car:Fabia VRS

Posted 08 December 2009 - 19:41

I bought some Bosch OE spec items from Euro car parts for less than £12 for the pair.
Highly recomended :)

#12 MiiCK

MiiCK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 21:17

Flat Blades? Search ebay? paid £8 for mine (for a corsa though, do prices differ for fabia's like?)

#13 Wardy

Wardy

My Octy's for sale.

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,017 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:31

Ah well - not to worry. You get what you pay for :)

#14 dj666

dj666

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 15:15

i decided too give these ones ago Bosch retro fit Aero wipers (Aero-Twin) thanks for all the info you gave i might try rain x ago aswell

#15 Babs

Babs

You Know My Name™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 15:15

Bosch Aero-Twin are very good :D

#16 Decron

Decron

Back in the VAG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 00:57

£43.40 for a 21in & 19in, are they really worth the cash Steve?

If they are as good as the PIAA silicon blades they are worth more. They pretty much last the life of the car and perform much better

They also make Rain X/Ombrello etc look like an expensive joke.

Edited by Decron, 10 December 2009 - 00:59.

#17 hap123ciu

hap123ciu

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Car:2005 1.4 16V Fabia Elegance

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:06

I got the Bosch AeroTwin ones from autobulbsdirect.co.uk for £22.68 after applying the discount code briskoda010 for 10%. You will also get a pair of xenon sidelights free and if you use quidco.com can get another 12% cashback. The delivery is free. The wipers are good.

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users