Windscreen Wipers

dj666

hi can anyone reccommed any windsreen wipers as i use skoda ones from dealer but they have changed from bosch(i like these ones so whould like to get something witch works aswell or better) to valeo as i have found them to be rubbish. iam looking for new ones i have tried halfords ones before aswell and did not like them ether.

Freedom discount will shortly be re-applied to these, which brings them down to £30ish IIRC.

They are more expensive yes, but you'll spend £20ish on Bosch or flatblade replacements and these will easily outlast them. Plus you don't run the risk of having a slight bit of ice or frost on the screen now the cold mornings are back and ruining your rubber blades. The screen also gets coated with silicone as you use them, so gives glass protection, prevents the window icing up as much and also helps move water from the screen when at speed.

For me it's a no-brainer but can appreciate that it's a costlier purchase than other offerings.

Steve

• Like 1

I've just bought the Bosch aero retrofit for mine and went to Wiltshire this weekend where it didn't stop raining and the wipers were brilliant.

Nice and quiet and cleared the windscreen well. Plus, they worked really well at speed in the wind, unlike the last flea-bay set I had which just created a rain curtain rather than clear the screen. However, I would have bought the Acrobat Extremes had I known there was going to be a Freedom discount :doh:

The Bosch were £26 icl. P+P from wiperblades.co.uk so for an extra £4 it'd be worth getting the Extremes I think.

Don't they do a normal Acrobat version as well though?

PS Why can't I use emoticons? Emoticons are my life. I'm incapable of expressing true emotion without them :(

I tried silicone wiper blades on SWMBOs old Peugeot years ago and they were nowhere near as good as Bosch ones. Had them replaced under warranty as they had apparently worn prematurely, but they were still rubbish. I have just fitted a set of genuine retro-fit Aero blades to my Octy and have been pleasantly surprised as they seem to be just as good as the Bosch ones.

Bosch retro fit Aero wipers (Aero-Twin) are the muts nuts. B) You can order them from the surprisingly called Wiperblades.co.uk Wiperblades.co.uk - Skoda Fabia 99-07, I don't know how good their own brand of wipers are like. You could also try fleBay.

Don't bother with those silicone ones (eg, PAA ones), you might as well have ordinary ones and cover screen in RainX.

Edited by Jim H

Sounds like a dumb question,

But have you tried manually cleaning the windscreen with something like Turtle Wax GLASS POLISH? or any decent glass polish for that matter?

Personally I do this once in a while, and I regularly treat the glass with Rain-X, which means you don't need to use the wipers above 40mph to be honest.

And on top of that, I buy the wipers from EuroCarParts, they sell bosch ones for something like silly cheap like £5 each.

All of the above works for me mate

£43.40 for a 21in & 19in, are they really worth the cash Steve?

If they are as good as the PIAA silicon blades they are worth more. They pretty much last the life of the car and perform much better

They also make Rain X/Ombrello etc look like an expensive joke.

Edited by Decron

I got the Bosch AeroTwin ones from autobulbsdirect.co.uk for £22.68 after applying the discount code briskoda010 for 10%. You will also get a pair of xenon sidelights free and if you use quidco.com can get another 12% cashback. The delivery is free. The wipers are good.