Felicia Pickup lowering thread

TeflonTom

100_0640.jpg

ok here's a comparison of the pickup standard rear spring (left) and the rear lowering spring form the octavia kit (right), as you can see they are very similar in dimensions but the octavia spring is made of thinner spring wire and it progressively wound rather than linear

Edited by TeflonTom

100_0641.jpg

carefully lever out the upper spring rubber from the old spring and fit it onto the new spring. if it it worn then fit a new one or it will knock and drive you mad.. make sure the spring end fits properly into the end stop in the rubber

Edited by TeflonTom

offer the spring up into position

100_0644.jpg

there is a small bump in the underside of the body which engages with a hollow in the centre of the upper spring rubber

100_0645.jpg

on the underside of the spring there is a lip formed onto the axle beam, and there is a locating washer the same shape that fits snugly inside the bottom coil of the spring

100_0643.jpg

put your trolley jack under the rear axle and carefully raise it up until the damper bottom aligns up and refit the nut and bolt, make sure that the spring does not become dislocated and remains properly in position....

refit the wheels and lower the car back to the ground making sure that the springs still remain in place....

Edited by TeflonTom

• 10 months later...

Just joined this site and i must say i am quite impressed so far !!!

excellent, there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks on this site so stick around... :thumbup:

and you've just reminded me that i didn't follow up this thread with how-to adjust the rear bias valve

Edited by TeflonTom

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello bluebear, the front springs on a favourite are much shorter than the felicia so i guess you need to find suitable lowering springs from a favorit, I've never looked at a Forman pickup so I couldn't comment on what setup works on those, best thing to do is whip one of the springs out and measure it up

• 10 months later...

i have proplem in my car when i have speed on 80 km/h stability became week what could help fix this and

i want to install sturt bar on the fornt of felicea 1996 glx can i ?

if you can help

• 2 months later...

Sitting the fun down slightly at present did favorit springs at the front and trying to uprate and lower the rear without the go kart ride of the caddy.

Went thru the catologues and true enough a8 rears seem the ones. When they arrived they are only pigtailed at one end. The end of a saga is that the aftermarket manufacturers catalogue is wrong and the people selling them on ebay are oviously reproducing this in their spiel and probably buy when ordered.

However a certain model of a6 has some that should fit but 2" lower, probably too much for the fun but will try for a fit and report back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update, The a6 springs are on and the ride is good. Abit of messing and bending needed on the driver`s side yet as it rubs on the bottom arm. It is identical to the other and a mirror image would have been better, something that never occured to me even when fitting them.

The shockers do not bottom out and the polyurethane springs have been removed. At full rebound the coils become slack and could possibly become displaced. So time, perhaps, to locate shorter shockers.

Edited by rolo

• 2 months later...

Just another follow up.

Still got the a6 springs on and been scrapping surplus engine blocks today. Didn`t go mad,, but one load was 420kg not the limit but enough to see how the 2" drop was handled.

Good, no bottoming and swaying, proably handled better but load was loose so no throwing about.

Soo much better than the cut springs on the caddy. Looked cool too as the rear was as low as the front.

• 5 weeks later...

you only need a 13mm spanner iirc, i did see a fantastic diagram of how to adjust them here on this website somewhere but i cant think where now.

in all honestly though you'd be better off taking the rear bias valve out of the braking circuit and screwing 2 of the in-line pressure regulators into the rear master cylinder ports like you get on the abs models... that's what i did with mine in the end, i couldnt find a happy medium for it with the standard setup

i removed mine and just piped it straight through, then brought a adjustable bias valve like this one http://www.compbrake.com/bias-valves-other-valves/bias-valve-without-unions-rotating-type.html and piped that up by the master cylinder, adjusted it until i got the best feel in the brakes. Though my master cylinder is only a 2 port so not sure how you would fit it, unless you blank one side of the master cylinder off and just use it as a 2 port.

I believe they are g60 wheels but dont think there banded....

• 7 months later...

Teflontom thanks for the info in this thread, do you have a picture of how the car sits with this set up.

There is a loads of info on the forum regarding felicia pick up lowering (maybe too much) but I am struggling to find a "this is my pick up on this set up" picture

I have no idea if people are talking about lowered mk4 golf springs or standard?

Anyone know the simple answer?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Kwiks