Felicia Pickup lowering thread

TeflonTom

Many thanks Tom. So this is mk4/ octavia 40mm rear springs and felicia 35mm front springs.

I was looking for a bit more drop as I have 14inch rims, would it simply be a case of getting shorter springs or will I have a problem with the shocks as well?

Anyone else got a picture to add? With details of their springs/shocks or coil overs?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Yes that is the setup you describe, I wouldn't recommend running a pickup lower than that mind you, but for a bigger drop you should look at coilovers, there's always the ford focus front coilovers route and find something else for the back end.

• 5 months later...

Do the Mk4 Golf/Octy ones seat alright? 

I've been having trouble sleeping, so I read the KYB Spring catalogue tonight.

It says the trucks rear springs are cropped top and bottom, whereas the Golf/Octy ones are pigtailed at the bottom. It also gives the outside diameters as being about 20mm less than the truck ones.

Specs they give for the truck rear springs

Thickness/Strength rating 11.75

Outside Diameter 135mm

Length 330mm

Spring type AA (ie cropped both ends)

so I kept reading and once again, it's a Ford part that looks promising.

Sierra XR4x4 (87-93) rear springs

KYB Part number RA5294

£28.74 inc VAT each from BuyPartsBy

Thickness/strength rating 15

Outside Diameter 134mm

Length 265mm

Spring type AA

What do you think folks?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/10/2013 at 12:11, TeflonTom said:

here you go, it's not super low, but it was exactly how i liked it

100_0829.jpg

Wow ive been on the forum ten mins and Im bring back threads from the dark ages! Im looking at lowering my pick up. Does anyone know how much lower the above was from standard? Im looking at the lowering springs that drop it by 45mm or even the 60mm But im unsure about the last one after having a super low coilover fitted Audi TT.

• 5 years later...

As for the history: Eibach and Apex have lowering springs especially for Felicia, the Eibach are 40mm and Apex 35mm.

If they installed without the proper shock absorber they will ruin it soon and the suspension will not work properly.

Factory absorbers or same style won't do, you have to install other brand as Koni for example.