AA Computer Error code PO118 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High

SCVRS

I have had a search and can't find any specific information on the above error code.

Can anyone suggest what the problem is please?

The engine management light came on but nothing seemed wrong with the cars running. No overheating or anything else. I think that the header tank needs replacing as the temp light comes up when the weather is cold even the everything seems to be OK. Could this be related?

Any suggestions please would be appreciated.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/16502/P0118/000280

Sounds like your coolant temperature sensor's on the way out. Fairly common VAG fault. :|

Assuming it's your vRS you're posting about, this guide tells you what to do:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1287042

Easy enough job, by the looks of things! :)

(There might be a Skoda one on here, but time's against me this morning. Apologies to anyone that's done a TG on here that I've missed! :o )

Thanks for the above. Since the AA cleared the fault code the light hasn't come back on. But I am just waiting for it to happen again!! Therefore I might just change the sensor anyway. If the light does come back on and I change the sensor, will the ECU clear the fault itself and turn the light off, or will I have to get that done?

I don't remember needing to clear any fault codes once I'd replaced mine, but then I have a different car! :doh:

Thanks. i will have a go and see what happens. Last night the AA had to be called out again as the Engine management light came back on and then a couple of hours later a coil went!! Hopefully the problems aren't related. Anyways, the AA man changed the coil for me and charged me £29 so i don't think that is too bad! Now I will be carrying spares on board!!

Look under your bonnet to see what is the color of yout Temp Sensor. If is black change it for the green one.

I use to have similar problem and I replaced the black one for the Green one, and everything is working OK

Good luck,

Isaac

• 5 years later...