iPhone connection for Fabia vRS

rojer386

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I need a iPhone connection for my fabia. Preferably being able to connect to the standard headunit with a charging facility also.

Anyone help?

Brian

I fitted a connects2 iPod many years ago. Cost £50 from halfords and connects to the cd changer port. However when I upgraded to an iPhone I found it wouldn't charge it :( couple of weeks ago I bought a charger adapter of eBay. All sorted now :)

Edited by faboka vrs

I fitted a connects2 iPod many years ago. Cost £50 from halfords and connects to the cd changer port. However when I upgraded to an iPhone I found it wouldn't charge it :( couple of weeks ago I bought a charger adapter of eBay. All sorted now :)

Does this plumb into the existing Connects2 setup? I have the same problem with my new iPod Nano :(

could you link me to the parts that you have please mate?

Many thanks.

could you link me to the parts that you have please mate?

Many thanks.

you need something like http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140379535205&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

(NOTE: I do not own one of these, but was thinking of buying one recently - you can also buy direct from apple)

• 4 months later...

We have Connect2's in both our vRS's and they work a treat. As for charging i just bought a couple of bog standard iPhone car chargers for £1-odd each. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

I bought this :wub:

pio%20DEH5200SD.jpg

it connects to and charges ipod and iphone, along with any other mp3 player (doesnt charge those though) also has an SD card slot. Will play media from pretty much anything :) loves!

The best online price I can find for that is £129.95 + £19.95 for a Pioneer CD IU50 iPod lead from Dynamic Sounds. Is that a good price? Is anything else needed, eg wiring adaptors? And do you need a degree in electronics to use the radio, Loz?

• 1 month later...

Just trolling - Don't know if this got resolved fully but another option that is usually overlooked is a parrot kit.

My personal preference would be the Parrot MKI9100 (You'll have to manually select for the 9100 but also 9200 is worth a look if budget isn't a problem)

They fit nice and snuggly in a vRS just did mine today. No additional loom needed as the symphany head unit uses standard iso connecters.

Best to locate the "blue brain" box up in near the passenger footwell as its tight directly behind the radio. And I took out one of the blanks where the traction control and window heater switches are to locate the screen.

The MKI9100 will connect up to literally any bluetooth phone and offers bluetooth handsfree calling. It will also stream music from iphones/nokias etc. It also has a docking point for ipods/iphones and will charge the iphone. You can also bung a memory stick into it and it will recognize music from this. Also comes with a aux cable to play from standard MP3 players.

Well worth a look into in my opinion. I hardly ever use the radio now :)

P.S: If you have a decent Halfords near you (i.e not some grease monkey who has no clue about wiring) they offer free fitting with all parrots.

The price usually varies allot with them but be sure to check out their website first as if you reserve it at a set price they hold it at that price if its more expensive in-store. :)

EDIT: Spelling Errors :)

Edited by Barkballz