Engine problems Yeti 1.2 TSI

thq

We have not had an reports yet.... Lucky you

There were several incidents. All cars less than 1000 miles.

- motormanagement: due to software problems

- several controllights burning. Cars stops suddenly. Not possible to drive further

- injector of first cylinder were broken

No smileys here...:-(

There is a new engine management software out already.

In this light, it's not bad to have to wait for a few months before mine arrives :)

My dealer says they've had problems with the new software on their demonstrator, so they won't update mine until it's working correctly. I haven't had any problems since the initial hiccup (exhaust system warning light) – 'touch wood'!

My dealer says they've had problems with the new software on their demonstrator, so they won't update mine until it's working correctly. I haven't had any problems since the initial hiccup (exhaust system warning light) – 'touch wood'!

Hi had my software update on monday no problems yet touch wood. Since the update it feels as if it got even more power and mpg has gone up by .3 now getting 33.8 even with a 15 min jam to get through every day and a lot of very short trips every day.

wakev

Today my dealer told me that the softwareproblem is an known issue at the factory. New cars will be sold with the update.

My car Yeti 1.2 TSI with DSG Ambition Black Pearl wil be delivered early march. Hope all the problems will be solved...

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Holland there are several problems with new Yeti models with 1.2 TSI engine.

Any owners familiar with this issue? If so, what problems do you have?

The same thing in Finland with Yeti 1.2 TSI. Problems do occur. The "yellow engine light " was on for one week right from the first start from the car shop. After two weeks a software update was installed, and the yellow engine light was again on and also the yellow "EPC" light turned on. So now two warning lights are constantly on. A second try for software update didn't work either. Now waiting for replacement of some control device, which would possibly accept the software update. Hopefully they will get these problems fixed after one month of driving.

During this, the constant speed control is not working.

I guess the reason for "yellow engine light "problems is not just the cold weather (-20...-25 C) as it was first told.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone

Mine is a yeti 1.2 TSI SE bought in delivered in October 2010. Just before Xmas, when the weather was very cold in London, I had one incident when the car, after being driven from cold for about 15minutes, suddenly displayed 'engine fault-return to workshop' and went into some kind of low power mode just letting me drive it to the side of the kerb. I noticed that the oil temp guage was still on zero and thought that was the problem due to the cold weather. I restarted the engine and all was well. Now 2 days ago the same ''engine fault-return to workshop' appeared after 20minutes of driving from cold, but this time no engine power at all-scarey on the middle of a motorway! Again restarted with no further problem....I have given to Skoda garage who have just told me they can find no fault logged on the car computer - what's going on?-anyone any ideas? Is this one Yeti who can't stand the cold!

Melifluous Yeti

The Fabia's 1.2 TSI engine threw an ESP warning light and went into limp home mode just before Christmas. After 20 mins switched off, it restarted ok. Now just back from the dealer's workshop - no obvious signs of problems, but software update installed. We'll see how we get on.....

• 5 months later...

Mine is in garage now, problems happened last week and both EPC and engine lights come up, can't go beyond 2nd gear. They need to order the part replace "turbo" something??? Could be till 3rd August when they can have the part delivered to UK... I think this only happens with the 1.2 TSI!!!!

• 1 month later...

About a month ago, on a 40 miles leg in Wales, the car started whistling quite loudly when in gear at any range band (no loss of power), but when I depress the clutch and the car's rev drop to idle (30 - 40 mph) the whistling is gone until I engage the clutch again. It disappeared after the 40 miles and Skoda Assist thought it might be the pipe. There were no warning from the dash and since the noise was gone, I cancelled the appointment with Skoda Assist.

About 3 days ago, when it started to get cold the engine's choke was on and idled at 1200 rpm when I start it in the morning, this is normal and has happened before, but it came with intermittent bearing noise, slight squeaking once or twice every second, again no light on dash.

Took it to Pulman today, hooked up the the diagnostic machine, nothing came up, they cleaned my car and offered me a drink, which was lovely.

Just wondering whe you had the above problems that need the turbo replacing, what symptoms were there, apart from the light on dash? Any special noise, hesitency on the engine?

Had mine since october with the DSG gearbox, im not exactly kind to it and have managed to rack up 19,000kms without a single fault!.

Also 3000kms is after the remap..........

Engine and gearbox are proving to be rock-solid reliable and as such we are keeping the car as a work horse instead of selling ;)

I rate it 10/10 for the performance,economy and reliability.

3000 km already! You must have been enjoying it! Any notice on fuel consumption? Just out of interest the MTM remap retails at 1199 Euros, which is way too much, as I might as well get a 1.8 TSI, is it noticeably cheaper in TW?

3000 km already! You must have been enjoying it! Any notice on fuel consumption? Just out of interest the MTM remap retails at 1199 Euros, which is way too much, as I might as well get a 1.8 TSI, is it noticeably cheaper in TW?

Its mapped by MTM-ASIA but its not an MTM map.......... long story.

Anyway, yes the car is hilariously fun to drive, loving it every time i plant my foot down, how can a 1.2 punch out so much torque!? :rofl:

Fuel consumption in town is 99% identical, no change.

But highway consumption has improved by about 15%, guess its taking less effort to hold speed?.

I got 640kms out of a tank the other day, thats with traffic jams, 140kph cruising and a heavy foot in between. :thumbup:

Edited by Yeti-RS

• 9 months later...

As always, lots of helpful stuff on this forum.

My EPC light has kicked in twice this week so it's back in the garage (yet again - this is getting too common) tomorrow for a check over.

Beginning to wonder if buying a Skoda was a good idea - it's not exactly been reliable....

As always, lots of helpful stuff on this forum.

My EPC light has kicked in twice this week so it's back in the garage (yet again - this is getting too common) tomorrow for a check over.

Beginning to wonder if buying a Skoda was a good idea - it's not exactly been reliable....

Only had the EPC light once with our 2010 Fabia 1.2 TSI 85 and that was recently. Occurred after lifting off the throttle and then reapplying the gas with some gusto to overtake a lorry. Fortunately the road was a down hill run and despite being in 'limp mode' we managed to complete the overtake and pull in to a farm entrance further down the road (engine restart cleared the light). Car has subsequently been in the garage for a shim to be fitted to the turbo and an ECU update I believe as part of a recall, been fine since touching wood.

TP

The turbo shim update was meant to have been done last time car was in garage, but it seems they never actually fitted it! These dealers, they really are quite hopeless.

Anyway, the shim is fitted now, and so far no problems....

The turbo shim update was meant to have been done last time car was in garage, but it seems they never actually fitted it! These dealers, they really are quite hopeless.

Anyway, the shim is fitted now, and so far no problems....

• 6 months later...

I have experience of a problem with the 1.2tsi in 2010/early 2011 Octavias. A turbo modification was required. Car went into protect- low power mode, just enough to limp home. This happened to three Octavia 1.2tsis, my own, my sister's and a friends, all within a few hundred kms of 30000. It's a known problem and apparently does not affect new cars. It was easily fixed at the dealer under warranty

• 3 months later...

More engine problems!!!

The engine management came on again today, car into limp home mode. Engine thuddering at low revs. Then the ABS/ESP light and the ECP light came on.

This really is the worse car I've ever driven in terms of reliability. Utter rubbish.

so after nine months of nothing, a fault that should be covered by the warranty makes it the most unreliable car you've had?

you should have had some of the sheds ive driven!! lol