RADIO SAFE MODE

kit

Afternoon all :)

Am just back from my hols, only to find my motor at the airport with a flat battery :( Not what you want when you have been used to weather in the high 80's for 3 weeks!!.....Anyway got the motor going with a jump start...cost me 40 notes!! but the radio keeps coming up "safe" on the screen. I cant find the manual in the office to find how to do it and have tried the search with key words like "radio safe mode" and the like but keeps saying nothing found! Can any give me a quick run down of how to sort it?

Cheers

Kit :)

If it doesn't recode itself after a few seconds (take it for a short drive) then you need to input the radio code, this should be with all your documents (probably in the radio manual) if it's not then it's a trip to the dealers with the car for them to plug it into their system to retrieve the code.

Yep, as Mike says - sounds like the radio's got confused with the loss of battery power. If it really wants the code, SAFE should disappear after a few seconds and '0000' will display, at which point you'll need your radio code card.

So follow the steps above, then see what happens. SAFE should go out after a few seconds (sometimes a bit longer) and the radio should come on.

Steve

• 1 year later...

My skoda superb had intermittent battery discharge, caused by water ingress in passenger side well, water gets into door lock control module, this had been happening ove a few months on and off until a local repair guy found the prob , however on trying to reset the the radio/cd unit it decided to lock out and wont allow any buttons etc to work i had previously re set the unit without any trouble and only put in two digits when it locked. does this mean a trip to the dealers or is there a diy solution

thanks john

• 7 years later...
On 11/02/2010 at 16:14, kit said:

Afternoon all :)

Am just back from my hols, only to find my motor at the airport with a flat battery :( Not what you want when you have been used to weather in the high 80's for 3 weeks!!.....Anyway got the motor going with a jump start...cost me 40 notes!! but the radio keeps coming up "safe" on the screen. I cant find the manual in the office to find how to do it and have tried the search with key words like "radio safe mode" and the like but keeps saying nothing found! Can any give me a quick run down of how to sort it?

Cheers

Kit :)

My battery died I tried putting what I thought was my code for the radio in but it was the wrong code I have the code now but radio just says safe with a 2 by the side how do I reset it