BRISKODA National Meet, it's free, find out more.  |  Track day, open pit, book today.
Photo
- - - - -

Fabia VRS battery charging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lbl25a

lbl25a

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:37

The other morning my VRS battery would not turn the engine sufficiently to start. After bump starting and running the car it will now start OK but sometimes sounds sluggish so I think the battery is on the way out. Car is nearly 5yrs old.
Until I can get back home (currently in Spain) I want to be able to trickle charge the battery to keep it topped up. Can't access the battery easily because of the covers so would it be OK to trickle charge via the cigar lighter socket? I have a suitable connector to do this.

#2 warwick hunt

warwick hunt

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 13:10

yes...

#3 RADIOTWO

RADIOTWO

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 16:48

The other morning my VRS battery would not turn the engine sufficiently to start. After bump starting and running the car it will now start OK but sometimes sounds sluggish so I think the battery is on the way out. Car is nearly 5yrs old.
Until I can get back home (currently in Spain) I want to be able to trickle charge the battery to keep it topped up. Can't access the battery easily because of the covers so would it be OK to trickle charge via the cigar lighter socket? I have a suitable connector to do this.

Its only a matter of lifting the plastic cover over the + (red) lead and connect the croc clips (not hard really)

Radiotwo

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users