BRISKODA National Meet, it's free, find out more.  |  Blyton Park Track day, from £30.
Photo
- - - - -

Skoda II audio upgrade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rukas

rukas

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Car:Skoda Octavia II

Posted 20 February 2010 - 18:35

I will try to put all in pictures and some comments:

New speakers: Hertz Dieci series DSK 165 (sounds perfect from original Stream MP3)
Used vibration isolation for external panels and a little for internal.
Used noise isolation for all 4 doors and some in back. For Trunk isolation used a little bit different noise isolation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sounds much better and less noise from outside.
If any question please ask.

Edited by rukas, 21 March 2010 - 14:15.

#2 RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 19:01

Excellent job there and great piccies to boot!

Could I ask? How would you rate the Hertz DSK speakers? I'm really drawn to them after reading quite a lot of positives. Would you choose them again? Have you put an amp in to drive them or is the head unit fine?

What sound deadening material did you use? How much did you need for the doors? and was it worth doing?

I'm very close to carrying out the same job (same speakers!) on my car and thought I'd ask you thoughts :) Thanks Rukas

PS Sorry for so many questions, I just thought I'd check with a real person rather than a sales guy/ advertising blurb.

Edited by RedBlueGreen, 20 October 2010 - 19:02.

#3 rukas

rukas

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 13:23

Excellent job there and great piccies to boot!

Could I ask? How would you rate the Hertz DSK speakers? I'm really drawn to them after reading quite a lot of positives. Would you choose them again? Have you put an amp in to drive them or is the head unit fine?

What sound deadening material did you use? How much did you need for the doors? and was it worth doing?

I'm very close to carrying out the same job (same speakers!) on my car and thought I'd ask you thoughts :) Thanks Rukas

PS Sorry for so many questions, I just thought I'd check with a real person rather than a sales guy/ advertising blurb.

This is already second car where I have installed Hertz. And second time satisfaction. The price and quality is the best what I have found and tried in this price category.
For sound deadening I have used material from store which use it for air conditioner in buildings. Used something about 1,5 -2 m2 for 4 doors.
I paid for all material used for installation 50EUR. This is really small amount of money and quality what I get.

#4 dazag

dazag

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Car:?Soon to be Skoda Octavia RS 2.0 TDI

Posted 03 January 2011 - 19:53

If possible, I'd like to know how you removed the door card?? Are you able to write up a procedure you used??
I want to sound deaden my doors and am a bit unsure the best way to remove the door cards, so any help will be greatly appreciated

#5 rukas

rukas

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:11

If possible, I'd like to know how you removed the door card?? Are you able to write up a procedure you used??
I want to sound deaden my doors and am a bit unsure the best way to remove the door cards, so any help will be greatly appreciated

If we are talking about front drivers doors.
At first you have to remove dash with knobs. It is simple pushing up. Better to be warm, because plastic is very sensitive in Skoda. Under you will find screws.
Not for sure but as remember there are screw under the hight frequency speaker. Grill is removed simply taking it out with plastic remover or knife of simple screwdriver.
After that you will have to take the trim out. Trim holds only on plastic holders. (I have broken couple).

Hope this helps.

#6 jthomas

jthomas

Briskodian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:52

try this. best guide for removing door cards... Remove octyII door card so far I've got my Powerbass 4ch amp installed and a Rockford 10" P2...

Edited by jthomas, 17 January 2011 - 12:53.

0 User(s) reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users