Fabia facelift official photos and info

So the 105 doesn't really give you much extra other than the possibility of the dsg

It certainly looks that way , I think you made the right choice taking the 85bhp engine going by those figures.

Well it obviously accellerates quicker and will give you more in gear performance too at not much penalty at the fuel pumps. But in day to day driving I doubt you'd notice the difference much and I guess the 85BHP version would be a few hundred quid cheaper too.

Well it obviously accellerates quicker and will give you more in gear performance too at not much penalty at the fuel pumps. But in day to day driving I doubt you'd notice the difference much and I guess the 85BHP version would be a few hundred quid cheaper too.

Yeah , thats the bottom line I guess , it all comes down to price. I seem to have managed for nearly 5 years with 68 BHP , so I dont know whether the extra cost would be justified. Having said that , if I buy new and its a factory order coz it specced to be my ideal Fabia , a few hundred or so extra might not be a bad investment. I shall reserve judgement until I have a brochure and price list in my possesion , so I can spec and price the availible options.

Yeah , thats the bottom line I guess , it all comes down to price. I seem to have managed for nearly 5 years with 68 BHP , so I dont know whether the extra cost would be justified. Having said that , if I buy new and its a factory order coz it specced to be my ideal Fabia , a few hundred or so extra might not be a bad investment. I shall reserve judgement until I have a brochure and price list in my possesion , so I can spec and price the availible options.

Be good if you can get a test drive in both but that might be difficult!

However, I think you'll find even the 85BHP version light years ahead of your 1.4MPI. I actually like the characteristics of that old engine with decent low down torque... but go and check out your manual - you'll find the actual performance and C02 figures are much worse than you quoted earlier!

I have to go to the dealers tomorrow to sign the order form although ive already paid the deposit. If i see anything there i'll pick it up and scan a copy but im guessing if skoda.co.uk hasn't been updated then the dealers wont have anything extra.

Ben

I have to go to the dealers tomorrow to sign the order form although ive already paid the deposit. If i see anything there i'll pick it up and scan a copy but im guessing if skoda.co.uk hasn't been updated then the dealers wont have anything extra.

Ben

Theres a nice section on the Skoda.com website with the facelift on it , including a small film , but the UK site still features pics and prices of the pre facelift version.

Be good if you can get a test drive in both but that might be difficult!

However, I think you'll find even the 85BHP version light years ahead of your 1.4MPI. I actually like the characteristics of that old engine with decent low down torque... but go and check out your manual - you'll find the actual performance and C02 figures are much worse than you quoted earlier!

I know what you mean regarding the MPI , i like driving it , I will have to look up the figures as you said , was trying to find them online but no joy.

skoda.com ? i get some randoms blog on their ??

Sorry , my fault , I should have said Skoda-auto.com (as opposed to .co.uk)... the new Fabia facelift page is here - http://new.skoda-auto.com/com/model/newfabia/look/Pages/look.aspx ... the film is in the gallery section (hover cursor over there then click multimedia)

Edited by Dmac1969

Sorry , my fault , I should have said Skoda-auto.com (as opposed to .co.uk)... the new Fabia facelift page is here - http://new.skoda-auto.com/com/model/newfabia/look/Pages/look.aspx ... the film is in the gallery section (hover cursor over there then click multimedia)

no worries, was just a bit wtf when i went to skoda.com

It's turbocharged only.

The 85BHP version you have ordered:

0-62MPH: 11.7s

Top speed: 110MPH

Combined MPG: 54.3

C02: 121g/km

Hi

out of curiosity, does anyone know the torque figures for the 1.2 TSI 86 bhp? I know the 105 bhp has 129 lbs, a fair increase over the 1.6's 114lbs

Hi

out of curiosity, does anyone know the torque figures for the 1.2 TSI 86 bhp? I know the 105 bhp has 129 lbs, a fair increase over the 1.6's 114lbs

85BHP : 160NM from 1500-3500RPM

105BHP : 175NM from 1550-4100RPM

So not only a big increase over the old 1.4/1.6 but the max torque arrives very low and stays there!

Looks Ok the main interest is to the engine performances? I am not sure that they have made enough changes as perhaps it is to subtle? The price is also key to sales as since the car was introduced as the Fabia 2 our friends in the far east have come a very long way. Skoda need to be offering a longer Car Cover maybe 5 years and inclusive free service for a couple of years at least?

85BHP : 160NM from 1500-3500RPM

105BHP : 175NM from 1550-4100RPM

So not only a big increase over the old 1.4/1.6 but the max torque arrives very low and stays there!

That is impressive.The 1.2 86PS has more torque than the current 1.6!

The Polo 1.2tsi 105 is reviewed in this month's WhatCar and is praised for responsiveness and refinement (esssentially as it doesn't need much working). It gets a 0-60 of 9.5 seconds, and a group leading 30-70 of 9.0. In-gear times for gears 3 - 5 are amongst the best for the group too. Obviously can't make a direct comparison to the Fabia as it has 6 gears to the Fabia's 5

Shame that VW only offer the Polo with 1.2TSI in the top level of trim. Same kind of rip off as Skoda only offering the Yeti 170bhp in top level Elegance trim.

I wonder if the 105 TSI will only be availible in Elegance trim in the Fabia? I bet you cant get it in the Classic!!

I would think it will be on all levels seen as it the only one with an auto box avaliable? I know that the 1.6 is currently avaliable in all of them. The cynic in me says maybe it is only on the top spec polo so they use up the 1.4 petrols in the polo before they make it avaliable across the range?

Looking at the link http://new.skoda-auto.com/com/model/newfabia/look/Pages/look.aspx

The offer of engines is completely new.

In the case of petrol engines, as well as the standard 1.2/44 kW and the 1,2/51 kW, there is now a new supercharged 1.2 TSI with 63 kW and 77 kW performance variants. The more powerful version can also be ordered with a seven-speed dual clutch automatic DSG transmission system, which replaces the 6°automatic Tiptronic.

A supercharged 1.2 TSI? Do they mean a turbocharged one, or does it actually have a blower?

have i just read the skoda auto website properly and seen that the 1.2tsi is also now in the octavia? Surely thats one hell of a big car for that engine? Thats on the skoda-auto.com site btw.

It looks like VW has hit the Fabia with the ugly stick....just like with the Octavia before it Dr VAG has done another botched "facelift"....both the original Ocatavia mk2 and Fabia mk2 were distinct and intelligent designs before VW beat them up!

The original Skoda idea and resolution of the Fabia 2...the floating roof...rising waist line...suggestion of a boot....real roof spoiler...wrap around/visor glass...the side profile curve to the front ......but mostly all this bold design language all hangs

on the bonnet line and the front square jaw below the grill and between the headlamp eyes.....it looked class but is now a bland chinless wonder and resembles a city rover!

The integrity of the design and the very design language of both the Octavia and Fabia have been compromised....both looked class and had a very Czech design language being both solid and pragmatic but with a hint of expressionism and

deco....get the front side profile of the mk1 Fabia and the headlights....copied and used on the VW Bentley....the front treatment of the mk2 Fabia whereby the the whole design is resolved and emanates from that central square that runs into the bonnett lines echo great vintage/classic cars and is a trick the BMW Rolls Royce and every Audio attempts.

Sorry for the rant and on a first post....it is just that I love Skoda and VW have done this before and they are doing it again....it is not like they don't have history....the mk2 Ocatvia VRS looked well cool untill VW made it wear glasses and the little

baby Fabia had such style that VW cut it's throat....it's bad enough that Skoda are always last in line for the new engines but unforunately while the very best definition of a Skoda could be a "VW with style" it is also seems true that Skoda design some great cars untill VW disfigure them.