retro fit cruise control Octavia II

Hi looking to retro fit cruise control to my recently purchased octavia II VRS . I hav access to a diagnostic computer that can activate cruise control. Im picking the stalk up this weekend. Is there a step by step guide anywhere? Ive had a quick search but nothing come up. Thanks

Bob

Just done mine last week so easy....

1) find out which steering wheel controler youve got as certain ones need to be changed.

2) disconect battery ( a must!!)

3) remove airbag by inserting small screwdriver in slot at rear of steering wheel (use mirror to find clip)

4) remove steering wheel(M12 spline drive bit req)

5)remove steering wheel adjust handle and sliver screwfrom underneath cowling

6)remove cowling halves

7)remove steering controler(box at bottom)

8)remove slip ring(DO NOT TURN IT)

9)remove esp magnet

10)remove stalk

11) replace with new stalk

12)replace the stuff you took off

13)recode engine and steering controlers

14)road test

Hope this helps

PM me if stuck.

Trev

i retro fitted mine.

everything went in straight forward but the vag com wouldnt work so had to take it to skoda they charged me £37 to activate it.

i did recieve a step by step guide from a guy on here with pictures and everything but i cant find it.

he might spot this and try yo help

• 4 months later...

Excellent, just the thread I was hoping for! I am doing this as well within the next 2 weeks. :D

I have PM'd you vRSMart, thank you in advance! :)

Where did everyone get the cruise control stork from?

edit: vRSMart - I think your inbox is full! ;)

Edited by Guest

Excellent, just the thread I was hoping for! I am doing this as well within the next 2 weeks. :D

I have PM'd you vRSMart, thank you in advance! :)

Where did everyone get the cruise control stork from?

edit: vRSMart - I think your inbox is full! ;)

yes it is...i've tied to pm you twice

get cruise control stick off ebay seller 'vwteesside' for £75 with instructions

i have not ordered yet.

Edited by sprout99

Can someone just confirm the part? I have bought a cruise control stalk & instructions second hand, and whilst the part number 1k0 is correct, the picture of it doesn't look like those shown from the VWteeside images. The seller also doesn't mention a wiring loom either? Whilst waiting for the seller to confirm, does this sound like it is going to cause me issues? :(

• 4 months later...

I would like that pdf as well!

I own a 2009 octavia stationwagon TDI 1.9. Bought a stalk from a similiar model & year from the scrapyard. Installation was easy & I have recoded the module itself (0000034 instead of 0000004) and enabled the GRU login code 11463 - which was accepted by the ecu just fine!. .

I can validate that the buttons on the stalk works by monitoring with vcds. What other steps are required?

Please do send me a pdf of this - or maybe we should post the stuff here!

• 4 weeks later...

The stalk worked, it was me not testing it properly.

I took some pictures during the operation. Both the stalk-change and the vcds.

http://www.inorp.com/blog/2011/01/12/skoda-octavia-2009-aftermarket-cruise-control-replace-stalk-recode/

http://www.inorp.com/blog/2011/01/12/skoda-octavia-2009-aftermarket-cruise-control-replace-stalk-recode/

I would like that pdf as well!

I own a 2009 octavia stationwagon TDI 1.9. Bought a stalk from a similiar model & year from the scrapyard. Installation was easy & I have recoded the module itself (0000034 instead of 0000004) and enabled the GRU login code 11463 - which was accepted by the ecu just fine!. .

I can validate that the buttons on the stalk works by monitoring with vcds. What other steps are required?

Please do send me a pdf of this - or maybe we should post the stuff here!

Hey ,

Can anyone please confirm that no extra wiring is required to retro fit cruise control on an octavia II 1Z.

Edited by pz1811

• 2 years later...

Dreging this up.

Had a very strange quote from Incartec York.

Thought i'd check here for advice.

I have a 2008 CR Octavia. Its has the half size multi function display.

Is it possible to fit cruise and what would be a reasonable cost for fitting. Incartec wanted £500+ for some aftermarket bodge. I said about just changing stalk etc but they said it wasn't possible on this age model.

They're talking out their arses.

OnlyChargedDubs isn't too far from you - Matt charged me less than £100 for a new stalk and programming it all in. I don't have access to VCDS etc so for it all supplied and fitted I didn't think that was bad when Awesome etc charge a load more than that.