retro fit cruise control Octavia II

Dreging this up.

Had a very strange quote from Incartec York.

Thought i'd check here for advice.

I have a 2008 CR Octavia. Its has the half size multi function display.

Is it possible to fit cruise and what would be a reasonable cost for fitting. Incartec wanted £500+ for some aftermarket bodge. I said about just changing stalk etc but they said it wasn't possible on this age model.

I'm near Driffield, if you wanted to fit it I'd gladly code it in for you.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have VDCS and mine worked first time,I know upto 5/2005 requires the wire after 5/2005 does not instructions are misleading had to work it out from the german instructions!!!!

Trev

Can anyone confirm this for me please as I have checked on ross tech and my steering module is midline

My car was 1st registered 10/2004 54 reg will I defiantly need a wire ?

According to my information you don't need to replace the steering controller, however before 05/2005 you do need the wire for it to work you will need to check on the connector of the steering controller, if it has a wire in position PIN 13, you are ok, if not you need to get hold of one. The other end goes to the blue connector in the what they call the separating compartment ( under the wiper assembly) and that is PIN 4.

Hope this helps,

Trev

According to my information you don't need to replace the steering controller, however before 05/2005 you do need the wire for it to work you will need to check on the connector of the steering controller, if it has a wire in position PIN 13, you are ok, if not you need to get hold of one. The other end goes to the blue connector in the what they call the separating compartment ( under the wiper assembly) and that is PIN 4.

Hope this helps,

Trev

What would be the easiest and fastest way to check if there is a wire there and how long will it take me ? I'm not a mechanic but do alot of fiddling with cats everyweekend

please, if someone knows info for compatibility of this 1K0953513G stalk to my octy II 2008 with MFD.

steering controller:

Steering wheel        Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
   Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 BN    HW: 1K0 953 549 BN
   Component: J0527           051 0101  
   Coding: 0000012

tnx in advance.......Kristian

please, if someone knows info for compatibility of this 1K0953513G stalk to my octy II 2008 with MFD.

steering controller:

You have a mid-line controller, so cruise should work.

I had 1K0953549AF and mine accepted cruise.  You have a later software version than mine.

What would be the easiest and fastest way to check if there is a wire there and how long will it take me ? I'm not a mechanic but do alot of fiddling with cats everyweekend

The only way to tell if there is a wire there is to have a look.

Basically what Ross said "have a look" on the wiring plug that comes out of the steering controller.

Trev

steering controller:

You need to change the coding to 0000042 and 11463 in ECU to make it work.

Trev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just retrofited...:-)

Coded as well

wire was there :-)

All is OK...dashlight comes on also :-)

tnx for info...Kristian

Edited by kiko

Just retrofited...:-)

Coded as well

wire was there :-)

All is OK...dashlight comes on also :-)

tnx for info...Kristian

What year was your car mate and where did u check for the wire in the steering controler or by the wiper motor ?

Elegance 08/2008 1Z5...last batch before FL :-)

I saw the wire right away in the black(bigger one) conector of steering controler.

took me about an hour...easy job.

biggest problem for me was torx M12 for steering wheel...bought one this morning in local store.

Wiper motor??? It has nothing to do with this.

please see attach

K

post-23440-0-50665300-1427575862_thumb.jpg

Guys how do you remove the clock spring to get the stalks out? I'm trying to replace my wiper stalk but I'm guessing the principle is is the same. I've got my steering wheel off but can't work out how to remove the clock spring.

Two little tabs on the top left and right rear, on my 2006 I had to remove the steering controller first which is the very bottom square as the electrical connector from the slip ring goes into it. There is a small silver screw (hex) on the lower front remove this.

Looking at the pics there is a clip at the rear to be pressed in (towards yourself) and then the controller off the car shows a groove that you have to insert something long and thin like allen keys in. If you insert the allen key slightly to your right and then move it to your left (like red arrows) it pushes in the clip. Then release the two clips shown in the last pic and remove slip ring making sure you don't turn it.

post-128022-0-18562300-1427905241_thumb.jpg

post-128022-0-64109700-1427905241_thumb.jpg

post-128022-0-47296900-1427905538_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nikonite
  • Like 1