1.8t AUQ engine diagram

The Bentley diagram that's floating around on the web is almost correct for the AUQ engine but is missing an extra port that our engine has on the inlet manifold.

I've been mucking about with the diagram for a while trying to understand how everything fits together so thought I'd share in case it helps anyone :)

4411150985_e2ba604b2a_o.gif

It's interesting that most of the stuff that's coloured can be removed from the engine with no ill effects!

That is the same diagram - ie Connecting diagram for charge pressure control - as is in the official Skoda Octavia Workshop Manual for the 1.8l/132 kW engine - Mechanical Components - Edition 03.01. You have done well in clarifying that diagram, Rob. Definitely worth printing off in case it disappears in some future development of our site.

That is the same diagram as is in the official Skoda Octavia Workshop Manual for the 1.8l/132 kW engine - Mechanical Components - Edition 03.01.

It almost is! Apart from Skoda got the suction spray pipework wrong! Rob has just corrected it.

I've got the proper workshop manual too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks Rob, they're brilliant.

Quick question as I'm pretty inexperienced at car mechanics. I know the basics but thats all and some of the discussions on the forum might as well be in a foreign language!! Can anyone recommend a good book or web resource that is an introduction to car mechanics in general (including turbo charged engines) so I can try to understand a little more! I want to avoid being told a load of sh*te by mechanics on the small off chance my car ever has to visit a garage for anything other than routine servicing. Thanks.

Thanks Rob, they're brilliant.

Quick question as I'm pretty inexperienced at car mechanics. I know the basics but thats all and some of the discussions on the forum might as well be in a foreign language!! Can anyone recommend a good book or web resource that is an introduction to car mechanics in general (including turbo charged engines) so I can try to understand a little more! I want to avoid being told a load of sh*te by mechanics on the small off chance my car ever has to visit a garage for anything other than routine servicing. Thanks.

The Haynes manual for the Skoda Octavia is a good start, there is a glossary at the back (as there are in all Haynes manuals) which gives good general explanations of various things. And the servicing section at the front will talk you through some of the simpler jobs like replacing an air filter or doing an oil change, even that will save you a bit of money over paying a garage to do it.

The Haynes manual for the Skoda Octavia is a good start, there is a glossary at the back (as there are in all Haynes manuals) which gives good general explanations of various things. And the servicing section at the front will talk you through some of the simpler jobs like replacing an air filter or doing an oil change, even that will save you a bit of money over paying a garage to do it.

Second that the book saved me £100 which a rip off merchent wanted for putting rear springs on, only took me 20mins a side

• 4 weeks later...