superb interior light problem

Well done with this, it is great news for you. Seeing as my rear interior lights work but the front ones don't and given that I've never had water ingress, it could be that you have found my problem for me. If my rear interior lights illuminate, I think it is a safe assumption that my micro switches are OK? Any chance of any pictures please?

Well done with this, it is great news for you. Seeing as my rear interior lights work but the front ones don't and given that I've never had water ingress, it could be that you have found my problem for me. If my rear interior lights illuminate, I think it is a safe assumption that my micro switches are OK? Any chance of any pictures please?

to check your front drivers door micro switch just lock and then unlock the car open the drivers door if the car relocks after a few minutes then the micro switch is faulty but in your case id safely reckon that your problem is those bunches of wires just inside the back passenger door left side they are designed to fail regardless of flooding all they need is moisture of any sort (they like somthing you would see on a toy unfortnatally i didnt take pictures as I have had the carpet up so often that I had gone past the picture stage but to get proper access its best to remove the front passenger seat you dont have to unplug it just roll it over out of your road if you need any instructions as to the stripping process I will do a dummy run on my own car no problem as for the micro switches in the door locks I went in to maplans today and they have a good selection of micro switches ranging from €3.50 to €4.00 so Im going to operate tomorrrow and I will take pictures as im going failing the micro switch operation I will resort to plan B the switch in the bottom of the door

Thanks a lot, if I lock/unlock but do not open the door, it relocks. But I think you mean to lock, unlock, open the door and see if it relocks itself? Thanks.

sorry i did mean for you to open the drivers door but I still think your problems are in the rear passenger floor area Indeed if I were you I would bite the bullet in re do all the joints both front and rear on the passenger side there is plenty of help available on this site and if I can be of assistance to you I will just e mail This is the danger with a faulty micro switch on the drivers door you unlock step inside and put the key in the ignition without turning on get out and shut the door leaving the keys inside and bang door locks leaving you stranded looking stupid ---- I sorted my switches today unfortunatly I got the wrong micro switches too big and had to go with plan B push buttons from the rear of a 00 avensis worked a treat on rear door not as simple on the front door too many support bars inside to allow me put the switch ou of site but none the less it was a success and I will do a neater job on it when I get a bit of time will post instructions and pictures in the near future but for now im off on holidays for a few days

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

All the usual things like fuses etc have been checked multiple times. I've taken out the light unit and hard wired the bulbs to test them, they work fine. The little red LEDS in the front interior light cluster do work normally, but the courtesy and the 2x map lights do not. In addition the sun visor mirror lamps, the glove box lamp and the puddle lamps do not work.

The rear cabin courtesy lights work just fine. There is no sign of there ever being water under the carpet (I've looked more than once), the pollen filter seal has been replaced and the plenum drains kept clear. I regularly make sure that leaves, muck etc.. are removed from the usual places and that water runs away freely. Additionally, the under carpet wiring harness is in as new condition very, very clean and tidy on this 55 plate car.

In a nutshell, my fault scenario has none of the "normal" known faults and I do not really want to invest (possibly hundreds of?) pounds in anyone looking for an obscure fault to be honest. I can live without the interior front lights, but if a fix did come to light I'd love to fix it.

hi i had same prob but when i was putting on rear seat cover i removed the seat and removed the plastic door ca and lift the carpet behind pass seat and there was all the black and red wires going in to one clamp and there ware all coroaded i striped them back re wired all togather and everything works fine all lights on now

• 3 years later...

I have has the same problems recently..

My front & rear courtesy lights do not work when unlocking,locking or opening doors but still work from the switches. Lights on mirrors do not work either.

Central locking from key fob will lock the car but not open. Batteries okay..

Electrician says CCM has no power going to it..

Carpets were damp so presuming this was water ingress so question is do I change CCM or check and redo wiring under front passenger seat ?..

Any thoughts

First you should check the wiring looms and if they are ok to proceed with the CCM. Last item more expensive to fix/replace...

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

I think it's the same problem I have, and I think that problem is the door control unit. It's a black box that is part of window motor. 

I had symptoms of wet CCM, like doors wouldn't open or lock, windows wouldn't work, lights on doors would flash etc. After checking everything I discovered that the door control unit was the culprit when working on something unrelated. I wedged it in and got some functions back like lights on door, windows and locking but still interior lights only work when switched on and not when door is open. 

I ran a diagnostic and think this fault has something to do with it:

1 Fault Found:

01336 - Data Bus for Comfort System

80-00 - Single-Wire Operation

I plan to change out the motor and door control to see if this fixes it, and hopefully if that gives two wire operation (high & low) then my lights will magically start working as they should. As I said, my quick fix on that part (with cable ties) fixed a lot of issues that at first appear to be water ingress CCM related. 

Don't know if any help but I've had this ongoing over a few weeks now and managed to cure it.

I had no internal lights, seat stopped working and alarm was temperamental.

The seal around the pollen filter was perished so badly lumps of it were missing and some had fallen into the hole below. A tube of clear silicone all the way around and built up higher than the seal uses to go and fixed in place has sealed it up.

I've removed the passenger seat and carpet and untangled all the wires. I redid all the nodes, cutting them off and soldering them together and taping over. Got to remember to do the wires just below the passenger seat as for me this was the internal lights. Took a few hours but not too hard.

All connectors were then put to the top before bundling back. Couple of holes in floor just incase in low points.

Seems to have cured everything.

Thank you. That helps. I have had no front interior lights and the 2x adjacent map lights, no vanity mirror lights, no puddle lights for over a year now. But I have never had any water ingress, I am certain about that. I have been paranoid about checking water drains and the pollen filter seal is new and doesn't leak (yet). I have checked more than once and the wiring looks like new under the carpet. The rear interior lights work just fine and the ash tray lights work, door handle lights work, switch illumination works, it's only the above mentioned lights that don't work in the front cabin area. Curiously, the 2x small red LED's in the front interior light cluster work fine.

i have the same problem too.. :( i mean exactly the same issue... hoping to find a fix for it

I recall years ago, when I had the water ingress problem, as part of the fix I had to lift the rear passenger side carpet, and under there you will find a bundle of red wires that will need stripping down and "re-doing" (for want of a better word.)