Panoramic Sunroof Or Not ?

redandwhitepauly

I must admit it looks impressive but would I actually use it ?? All my other cars that have had a sunroof were hardly ever opened so I am not sure whether it is a worthwhile addition ?

Anyone else got an opinion ?

;)

If it had been available on the S model and wihin my budget then I would have had one. My wife has a panoramic fixed roof on her Smart and the light it lets in makes for a really pleasant cabin. It is also great for looking at very high set traffic lights or if an interesting bird flies over head and you miss it! You don't need to open it for it to be worthwhile.

For me its what it does for the feel and ambience of the interior (as already mentioned). The fact it actually opens is important to me also. In terms of resale - if theres two almost identicle Yeti's for sale; one with it and one without, which would you prefer? :)

For me its what it does for the feel and ambience of the interior (as already mentioned). The fact it actually opens is important to me also. In terms of resale - if theres two almost identicle Yeti's for sale; one with it and one without, which would you prefer? :)

I honestly dont know ? I can see the point in the additional light coming into the cabin which I hadn't thought about.

:yes:

Hello, If I may say, it's surely very nice to have a sunroof (especially) on a Yeti.

It costs a lot (1.070 € in Italy) but car interior becomes brighter and more confortable (..my opinion).

It's only 25 days I drive a Yeti (with sunroof!), but I had this feature on my previous car (FIAT Stilo 1,9 jtd)

In winter the possibility to use the sunroof were usually scarce (today in Mian area is snowing!) but as soon spring arrives here it comes back in use and it's perfect!

Summer goes on Air conditioning but it returns in use already by the end of August (...north Italy typical weather).

I Toured South England many years ago, and if I recall correctly temperatures even in summer shoudn't go so high (we reach even 40º) so more possibility to use the sunroof! (...apart from the rain!)

It's a personal choice. let me know the outcome.

• Like 1

Sunroof is great. If you leave it open and it rains I understand it closes itself.

If you leave the electric blind open on a cold night, it will auto-close to try and keep the interior a little warmer.

It deffo makes a difference. It's quite a few quid, but I use it every day, and as I'm keeping the car for at least 4 years it's not much per day.

to me a big sun roof improves light coming into the cabin which makes it more pleasant, however i dont like the heat of the sun on my head neither so theres various pros and cons to weigh up depending on your opinions on the things

I loved the glass roof in the smart as it makes the interior so nice and light - and it's good for aeroplane spotting as well as birds! The fact that it opens is a bonus as I'm sure I'll find out in the summer. Not cheap but in my opinion worth it. As for resale value - I spec'd the car for me not the next person (if I ever sell it!).

Got the Panoramic Sunroof, never been in another Yeti, but I wouldn't want to be without it. If you can afford it, have it and enjoy the ambiance (I can vouch for the blind closing on cold days, I wonder if it also closes on sunny days to keep it cool, I will report back when we have weather to find out).

regrettably I chose to save 800 quid to spend on other things... When i emailed to change my order I was told "too late, Sunshine!!" Exactly. Sunshine.

I would have appreciated being able to see the sky, or the hilltops, without craning my neck. And as a frequent visitor to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, this could have been of use.

Oh well - my mistake.

Wish I HAD ordered one.

Just got home after collecting "sunroof"

The 200 mile drive was delightful made better by the cabin being very light despite a dark overcast day.

Will open the roof when I know how :)

What would it do for resale values do you think ??

My dealer told me that a sunroof would have no benefit to the resale value and, at £800, I voted against it.

I had a sunroof on the X-Trail (one of the biggest at the time - 2003) but rarely used it. The cover was kept closed during the summer as the heat from the sun became unbearable at times. It was opened occasionally during driving but, at speed, the noise and buffeting again became uncomfortable - so it had to be closed.

Lived with a sunroof for 7 years. Don't miss it now.

I had a sunroof on the X-Trail (one of the biggest at the time - 2003) but rarely used it. The cover was kept closed during the summer as the heat from the sun became unbearable at times.

And thats one of the nice things about the Yeti implementation. You can put the electric blind across to block the heat but you still win with light in the cabin as its perforated. :thumbup:

My dealer told me that a sunroof would have no benefit to the resale value and, at £800, I voted against it.

I had a sunroof on the X-Trail (one of the biggest at the time - 2003) but rarely used it. The cover was kept closed during the summer as the heat from the sun became unbearable at times. It was opened occasionally during driving but, at speed, the noise and buffeting again became uncomfortable - so it had to be closed.

Lived with a sunroof for 7 years. Don't miss it now.

While serving in Cyprus in the 80's I wanted a 4x4. I asked the dealer for a car with a sunroof and he said there is little point in the air con then!

While serving in Cyprus in the 80's I wanted a 4x4. I asked the dealer for a car with a sunroof and he said there is little point in the air con then!

Interesting. Nissan stopped fitting the sunroof to their 380Z as they claimed that it would adversly affect the air conditioning.

I've never really bought into the old 'I've got air con so I don't need a sunroof' (or vica versa) argument. They serve such different purposes. On a sweltering day when your man parts are stuck to your leg no sunroof will be of comfort. Similarly A/C will not change the ambience of my cabin and make it a brighter and more pleasant place to spend time. A very personal choice it seems......

I've never really bought into the old 'I've got air con so I don't need a sunroof' (or vica versa) argument. They serve such different purposes. On a sweltering day when your man parts are stuck to your leg no sunroof will be of comfort. Similarly A/C will not change the ambience of my cabin and make it a brighter and more pleasant place to spend time. A very personal choice it seems......

"Man parts are stuck to your leg" . Very personal indeed!!! :giggle:

The panoramic sunroof debate has been had on previous thread.

Personally i felt although £850 was a good price for such a neat feature, but i would not place the importance of it over something as useful as Sat Nav at £1400.

If i was that wowed by the sunroof i would have ordered it as well as the Sat Nav. But in the end just saw it as an 'accessory' rather than a 'necessary' option. More important to me was a DSG gearbox - i hate manuals.

The panoramic sunroof debate has been had on previous thread.

Personally i felt although £850 was a good price for such a neat feature, but i would not place the importance of it over something as useful as Sat Nav at £1400.

If i was that wowed by the sunroof i would have ordered it as well as the Sat Nav. But in the end just saw it as an 'accessory' rather than a 'necessary' option. More important to me was a DSG gearbox - i hate manuals.

We all have our preferences. Me - had a sunroof, would not have another. £1400 for a SatNav? Get a good Tom Tom for £400 or better still an OS map for £7.50. My view only!!!

A Sat Nav story. We live in a rural area where the lanes are a nominal 9' wide. Last year a Dutch flower lorry plus trailer jammed solid on the corner outside our window. He had followed a Sat Nav instead of using the best satnav in the world - his brain with the help of a map.

• 1 month later...
If you leave the electric blind open on a cold night, it will auto-close to try and keep the interior a little warmer.

Anyone know if this "feature" can be turned off. I'm getting fed up every morning having to open the sunroof blind, just because Yeti thinks it was too cold overnight to leave it open. It was a warm 6.2c last night, but still the blind closed. That's the sort of night-time temperature we get up here most nights. Anyone know what temperature triggers it to close? I just want to leave the blind open all the time. Why does the Yeti thinks it knows better than me :(

Edited by tarbat