Kingston

Milton Keynes

MK10 0BN

01908 906702

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by TeflonTom
Details amended

• 1 year later...

I recently had my 2nd year service on the Octy carried out here and I was very impressed with the staff and the service provided. My main reason for using them over Progress (Bedford) where I brought the car was that they were cheaper and they included the pollen filter that Progress wanted to charge extra for. I also got to try a Fabia coutesy car that I had always wanted to try - not bad for a small car!

Ive used several Skoda garages and have few complaints with any in truth. Wayside service does stand out as the best Ive seen, highly comprable to BMW (in the days before I converted to skoda). Been in today about a warrenty fault, service realy couldnt have been better. Two thumbs up from me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After my earlier praise I'm not sure about them now.

I checked my oil at the weekend (first check since it was last serviced) and I noticed the top plastic cover wasn't clipped down properly and the hose on the left was flapping around and needed clipping back on. Car hasn't been to any garages and I dont touch it, so I can only assume it wasn't put togethor properly after Wayside serviced it. Only minor things but it makes you wonder if they missed anything else on the service.

• 6 months later...

Bought my Superb and my wifes Octavia from Wayside and found the service to be excellent both from sales and service. the Superb has had 3 services and the Octy one and no problems at all

• 3 months later...

Purchased my Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 TDi from Wayside Skoda Milton Keynes. Originally quoted 14-16 weeks to deliver from date of order. Arrived within 12 weeks. Was kept up to date virtually every week by Sam who was my salesman.

Don't have any experience from the service and parts side of the dealership, but will be very happy if it's as good as the sales side.

Definently recommend.

• 1 month later...

Like a lot of other blokes ,i'd ask why anyone in MK would go to a main dealer ,when in Old Wolverton is Unit 18 . I'm 50 miles away ,and for quality ,i'd sooner go the distance .

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Has anyone got any recent experience with this branch?

Have my Skoda booked in tomorrow morning for a general inspection, but will likely be using to service my car, to keep the full Skoda Service History

I used to work there as a VW technician before they took on the Skoda franchise, massive site and good bunch of lads in the workshop, a great wealth of knowledge in the workshop with some very good techs.

Hi there.

Do you still keep in touch with them? Would be good to know answers to my above post :)

• 2 months later...

Booked my 2011 vrs octavia in for some warranty work on the A/C . The service desk were quick to make assumptions over the phone after I had given a brief description of issues , within seconds telling me a damaged compressor/ condenser was likely to be from stone chip damage ; NOT covered by warranty and I would be paying ! They also wanted to charge me for a courtesy car. Took my car to Aylesbury in the end. Free courtesy car and friendly staff, more importantly work carried out without a grumble .

• 5 months later...

Booked my 2011 vrs octavia in for some warranty work on the A/C . The service desk were quick to make assumptions over the phone after I had given a brief description of issues , within seconds telling me a damaged compressor/ condenser was likely to be from stone chip damage ; NOT covered by warranty and I would be paying ! They also wanted to charge me for a courtesy car. Took my car to Aylesbury in the end. Free courtesy car and friendly staff, more importantly work carried out without a grumble .

I've done the same and moved over to the Aylesbury branch. The wayside branch has a bad reputation and I'm not suprised after recent visits. The issue they have is that they're now sharing with the VW Wayside, which has appauling customer service!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's now called Lancaster Skoda, bought my octy 2 from them at the beginning of the month, fairly good sales team but not as good as my local Mazda dealer was when I bought my old Mazda.

Won't be using the service side as I do my own servicing, being an MOT tester has it's benefits sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Avoid like the plague.

Incompetent and irresponsible - I would not go there any more if somebody paid me!

Called out Skoda Assist who diagnosed a diesel leak damaging a component. They could not find the leak and did not replace the component properly resulting in two other components getting damage over time. Two more trips to them and still no result over this 6 month period. During all this time nobody ever returned my 10 calls when I could not get through to the right person.

Took the car to Progress Northampton who diagnosed the faulty components and found the leak and fixed all the problems - would not go anywhere else.

Don't say you have not been warned!

• Like 1

Similar issues on the works VW Master02.

They had it for 7 weeks (yes 7 weeks), couldn't find fault. Failed 30 minutes up the road. Went straight to Northampton VW who said only Stevie Wonder would have missed all the errors logged. I still have the 38 pages covering the whole set up and error log from VAS their master tech gave me.

And wayside then had the balls to tell my boss Northampton were cowboys and that I should get their worked checked by them (wayside).

The next batch of company cars were bought from another franchise as a result.

Bought our Touran from them but only because it was the only one to spec around. Pushy, rude and patronising sales guy.

• 1 year later...

Bought my Octavia from this dealership a few weeks ago.

No problems and both Keith and the sales manager were patient and understanding when I changed my mind and bought a different car.

No pressure and the sales process was smooth and straight forward, car was detailed well too.

• 8 months later...

Hello

Any recent experience with the service? I'm thinking about do MOT with them because they offer it for £39 what I think is pretty good price for original dealer.

Hello

Any recent experience with the service? I'm thinking about do MOT with them because they offer it for £39 what I think is pretty good price for original dealer.

I always have my service with them. Fantastic customer service and Gemma is a wonderful employee. 

• 4 years later...

My personal (limited) experience of Marshalls has been mixed.  Thinking of buying a new car, I went round a number of dealerships, including Marshalls VW and Marshalls Skoda in Milton Keynes.  They are at opposite ends of the same building.  In both cases I made an appointment (it was in 2020 with COVID precautions in place, but not a total lockdown).  

I checked in with the reception person at the VW dealership, who informed the sales person that I was there, but he was busy on the phone and I was totally ignored by everybody for over 20 minutes, at which point I got up and walked out.  My previous 4 cars had been VWs, but I had always found that dealership, whether called Wayside, or Lancaster at the time, to be rather off-hand.  Perhaps it is the same staff, but a different absentee owner? 

At the Skoda dealer, I was met by a sales assistant, who was very helpful and allowed me to book a solo test drive.  On another visit (with appointment), the same sales assistant was busy, but his colleague chatted to me for the few minutes that I had to wait, until he was free.  I was made to feel welcome and valued.

Funny how 2 branches of the same company, in the same building, can treat you so differently.

• 1 year later...

I bought my Octavia May 2020 and visited several dealers in the Bedford/Milton Keynes/Aylesbury areas and found that each dealership treated you differently, including two Marshalls ones. When I asked one of them about it, the Marshalls salesman just said that's the way it is.