Sunblinds

Thanks for that. I've just ordered a set and will see what they are like. Car doesn't arrive until June. Hope this purchase doesn't jinx everyone's summer - we'll probably never see the sun now. Just like we didn't see any atrocious cold weather on my winter tyres this year.

Looks good, but aren't they just for the Rear side windows and not all of the back of the car?

Let us all know how you get on with them. I want to get a set for my Combi before the sun arrives. lol

I have the OEM Skoda ones in my Octavia Estate. Cost me £227 all in (for both rear doors, rear boot windows and rear screen) but they are well worth it and far better fit and quality than the Vanstyle ones imho.

The roll up/down ones are to me not as good as they don't cover the complete Window.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered part number DCK819001genuine Skoda rear side window blinds from eBay for £40.98p inc postage.

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1131

They will be going on my new (to me) Superb that I collected today. I really enjoyed the 80 mile trip back from the dealers and looking forward to a 'proper' get to know you drive tomorrow. I'll even brave the Park Assist.

• 9 months later...

These are now down to £27.99 inc. P&P - just ordered a pair!

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c663b43fd

Bloody Hell, that's cheap! I would recommend anyone with a Superb fork out for these blinds, They were the first accessory I bought for my Superb, got mine of ebay for £43 and well worth it at that, definately the best accessory I have bought, Great for that fact they fit the whole window especially good for the kids watching their DVD players, dead easy to fit and clips don't look out of place when the blinds not fitted and also makes the car look great form the outside.

I just got some from eBay.....wait for it....£16 including postage. An absolute bargain when you consider Skoda want £95. They are worth every penny so if you can get them for less than half Skoda price.....buy some you won't regret it.

Gaz

I relented and bought the vanstyle ones for my estate. Fitted them today. The side and rear side luggage ones fit really well, but i can't get the 2-piece boot window ones to fit at all - they just overlap down the middle, rather than sitting flush together.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by JakeBlade

• 2 weeks later...

If you call VanStyle they have some clips that link the centre sections together - I had the same problem and they sent them free of charge. It appears that if you have them fitted by VanStyle they use these additional clips, but for some reason they are not included as standard!

I did post some photos here if you like to play with the search feature....

Thanks. They were starting to bend in the middle where I was trying to sit them flush together - so gave up as didn't want to damage them. Currently looks like a pair of net curtains that I have drawn badly.

Did try searching before - will look through your historic posts now, cheers.

Thanks Tankdave. Is there a knack to putting them in? I put the right one in butted up to the right hand side first, then the left one butted into the left hand side - but I am left with the overlap in the middle. Problem I have is that because they are butted up to the sides as far as they can go, I cannot get them to meet up in the middle. Very annoying...

If you call VanStyle they have some clips that link the centre sections together - I had the same problem and they sent them free of charge. It appears that if you have them fitted by VanStyle they use these additional clips, but for some reason they are not included as standard!

I did post some photos here if you like to play with the search feature....

See post #30 in this tread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/237867-rear-sun-blinds-easy-to-fit/

I've had my vanstyle in the car for a year, never took them out over winter as the dark rear of the car just looks too good! Specially as its black. Can't recommend then enough, and when I've finished with them I will be selling them too. Lol now the DVD is in the rear our trip to Paris will be cool for the kids with the twin screens.

Thought the join in the middle at the rear would bother me but it just doesn't lol

• 2 weeks later...

Vanstyle sent me some replacement blinds in the end, and I fitted them today. Perfect fit this time for the rear window - no overlap down the middle at all.

I have to keep taking the door blinds off the rear doors as my daughter keeps asking for me to put the light on in the back! I'm sure they will come into their own in the summer...

• 4 months later...

The official Skoda sunblinds are expensive but very easy to fit and take off and they do make the car look quite classy from the outside as you get a dark tint from the B pillar back. I have been really pleased with mine on my Superb hatch but unfortunately they have to find a new home as i now have a Yeti. Well recommended though.

Edited by jmed