Bi-xenon headlights for continent?

Hey guys,

I have a superb elegance model with bi-xenons. Is it possible to convert these for continental traffic to avoid blinding oncoming traffic? I know some cars from the VAG group like Mark 5 golfs fitted with optional bixenons have a lever in the headlight housing that needs to be flicked over for continental driving. Could the superb have this too? I am just lazy really to go out and bruise my hands trying to get to a "lever" that may not even be there at all! Thought someone here must have done this already? On the new Superb II, this switch over to continental beams is done electronically by the driver inside the cabin. On Audis it is a "stealer diagnostic" port operation, costing mega £££....

There is indeed a 'Tourist Lever' within the Head Lamp on the module, you will need to access the back of the lamp, remove the dipped / main beam cap and you will see a little metal level at the side of the module, this will change your beam pattern to be flat to prevent blinding oncoming traffic............ :thumbup:

Access the levers through the "main beam" cap and use a bent screwdriver to move the levers. They go in opposite directions as the headlamps are mirror images of each other. If you shine the lamps onto a plane surface, you can see the effect of the adjustment - the LH "kick up" to the dipped beam is flattened.

You need to unclip the PAS reservoir trim on the LHS and remove the air filter box trim and trunk on the RHS. to get in there.

It's a really crappy piece of design and execution - the levers are insubstantial and don't move nicely. My local dealer wanted to charge me £100 to remove the lamps and adjust - £200 per trip. Idiot.

The designer and applications engineer for this lot should be shot.

rotodiesel.

It's a really crappy piece of design and execution - the levers are insubstantial and don't move nicely. My local dealer wanted to charge me £100 to remove the lamps and adjust - £200 per trip. Idiot.

The designer and applications engineer for this lot should be shot.

rotodiesel.

:D