Cigarette Lighter Fuse Keeps Blowing

I have just purchased a new Michelin tyre inflator to replace my old digital one which i have had for 6 years now. The problem i am having is that every time i use it on my vRS the cigarette lighter fuse keeps blowing.

When i plug the inflator in the lights come on and it displays the tyre pressure, however as soon as i press the on switch to inflate the tyre the fuse immediately blows.

This has happened about 4 times now and i keep having to replace the blue 15A fuse. I always have the car started, and have tried it with everything else switched off but it still does it. This never happened once with the old tyre inflator which i had.

I have been using this Michelin tyre inflator on the other cars with no problems, its just everytime i use it on the Fabia the fuse keeps blowing.

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

Cheers

I have just purchased a new Michelin tyre inflator to replace my old digital one which i have had for 6 years now. The problem i am having is that every time i use it on my vRS the cigarette lighter fuse keeps blowing.

When i plug the inflator in the lights come on and it displays the tyre pressure, however as soon as i press the on switch to inflate the tyre the fuse immediately blows.

This has happened about 4 times now and i keep having to replace the blue 15A fuse. I always have the car started, and have tried it with everything else switched off but it still does it. This never happened once with the old tyre inflator which i had.

I have been using this Michelin tyre inflator on the other cars with no problems, its just everytime i use it on the Fabia the fuse keeps blowing.

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

Cheers

I have experiences this same problem but with a Halford inflator on a different car. It turned out to be the inflator that was at fault so I bought a new one.If theres anyway to check the volts you could try this or replace the inflator.

When first turned on the motor is under full load turning the compressor. The motor draws a large current initally before the motor gets up to speed, this time is long ,and current is large enough to blow the fuse . If the inflator is found not to be at fault, you could uprate the 15 amp fuse to 20amp,but no higher. It may be that in other vehicles the circuit is fused at a higher rate,and other makes of inflator take less current.

Edited by AndyPandy