pollen filter

I have tried to change the pollen filter on my Octy Mk1, but can't get the black plastic (scuttle?) panal off. I can move it a little and lift it and can see the pollen filter but it won't budge.Can anyone help.

Best thing to do is remove the wipers - prize the covers up and undo the nuts then twist and pull the arms to get them off.

Then pull up the rubber strip from in from of the scuttle panel (with the bonnet up).

Then you can just lift the two halves of the scuttle panel up. They are stuck into a little groove along the bottom of the windscreen so if you can loosen them out of the groove at each end you can sort of peel them out the rest of the way along.

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Best thing to do is remove the wipers - prize the covers up and undo the nuts then twist and pull the arms to get them off.

Then pull up the rubber strip from in from of the scuttle panel (with the bonnet up).

Then you can just lift the two halves of the scuttle panel up. They are stuck into a little groove along the bottom of the windscreen so if you can loosen them out of the groove at each end you can sort of peel them out the rest of the way along.

You do not need to remove the wipers to renew the pollen filter,the passenger side scuttle panel comes out completly without touching the wipers.

You do not need to remove the wipers to renew the pollen filter,the passenger side scuttle panel comes out completly without touching the wipers.

:+1:

PICT2758.JPG

You don't need to remove the wipers is you are ONLY changing the pollen filter, but it is a good idea to remove any 'compost' and ensure the drain holes at either side are clear.

If you want to do this too (and you should), you need to remove both sides and the wipers. The wet compost tends to collect where the loom meets the electrical box/ECU.

Spray the wiper linkage with copper grease whilst your at it and that's everything under the scuttle panels done in one go.

I changed mine the other day,without removing the scuttle panel (I could not get it off)

All you need to remove is the rubber strip, then lift up the passenger side scuttle,so you can see the filter.

It's encased in a black plastic cage.

If you lift the scuttle up and keep it held up (strong fingers required,or get an assistant),you can then use a flat blade screwdriver to press in 2 front clips on the filter cage,which will release the cage.

Once the cage is free,with a bit of wiggling,and the scuttle panel held up,pull it out.It IS possible.

Remove old element from cage,replace with a new one,& then refit.

Once you have the knack,it's a 10 minute job.

You do have to pull that plastic scuttle up with quite a lot of force though, & even then,you can only JUST get the assembly in/out

I changed mine the other day,without removing the scuttle panel (I could not get it off)

All you need to remove is the rubber strip, then lift up the passenger side scuttle,so you can see the filter.

It's encased in a black plastic cage.

If you lift the scuttle up and keep it held up (strong fingers required,or get an assistant),you can then use a flat blade screwdriver to press in 2 front clips on the filter cage,which will release the cage.

Once the cage is free,with a bit of wiggling,and the scuttle panel held up,pull it out.It IS possible.

Remove old element from cage,replace with a new one,& then refit.

Once you have the knack,it's a 10 minute job.

You do have to pull that plastic scuttle up with quite a lot of force though, & even then,you can only JUST get the assembly in/out

This is how i did mine last week. :thumbup:

I've never had problems getting the scuttle panel off really. I just pull the rubber seal off then pull it up starting from the end in the centre of the car. Give it a tug in the right place and it pops out. I think you just have to pull as near to the screen as you can.

I removed both the panels the other day, and scooped out all the leaves and twigs inside! Quite alot of crap gets stuck in there!

• 1 year later...