Roof Bars

haggettd

Just wondered whether anyone has any comments on the Skoda roofbars for the Yeti?

Are there any aftermarket options that anyone's using (Thule for instance)

Coments on ease of fitting/windnoise/practicality/looks and price.

I presume the bars are lockable too

any comments welcome. Thanks..

I fitted the skoda yeti roof bars (LAS 630 001) and the 'skoda' lockable bicycle carrier with aluminium profile (LBT 009 004). The 'skoda' bike carrier is a Thule bike carrier (model 591).

To answer your questions;

Ease of fitting

The initial installation requires 10 screws to be screwed into the holes in the roof rails. According to the manual this requires a torque wrench and should be carried out 'in an authorized service'. I fitted these myself and it took longer than I anticipated.

Once the screws are in place it is very easy and quick to fit and remove the roof bars.

DSC00131.JPG

Windnoise

Haven't had them long enough to answer that question.

Practicality

They are quick and easy to attach and remove the bars. The bars have a T slot which makes it easy to add bike carriers, etc.

DSC00127.JPG

Looks

I have attached some pics. There are some photos of the roof bars in the yeti accessory brochure.

Link to Yeti Accessories Brochure

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00138.JPG

Price

I paid €160, I think they are about £155 in the UK.

Security

The bars are lockable.

Edited by aaaa

Just wondered whether anyone has any comments on the Skoda roofbars for the Yeti?

Are there any aftermarket options that anyone's using (Thule for instance)

I have Thule bars. Fits with a rubber strap. Umbraco tool to fit is built in the unit and it is a lock on it.

Takes about 15min to mount. One advantage is you can use them on almost all cars with side bars on.

Dont have any specific pic of them but here a distance picture with them mounted: My link

Oh, and a bit more expensive than the original, at least here in Norway!

• 1 month later...

I have a brand new set of Yeti Roof Bars for sale. They came with my car but I took them off when I got home and have never used them . If anyone is interested in buying them I would accept offers around the £100 mark plus delivery at buyers cost or pick-up from Kent (Evenings and weekends) or pick-up from City of London (during week days only). Take a look at the For Sale Section for further info.

Edited by AML-YETI

I've always used these guys:

http://www.roofracks.co.uk

They are very close to London so you can just drive there and pick things up without any delivery charges. I did so just this week again to pick up the kayak carrier bits. Very friendly bunch and they key match everything to one key for free.

My added problem (they pointed out to me when I was there) is that the A2's aero bars are 120cm wide and the Yeti's need to be 127cm! Grrr. These bars overhang a bit anyway to I'm hoping I can just re-use my 120cm bars and don't need to buy new ones!

I've gone for the 127's myself, but I'm sure I've also seen a Thule page saying the 120's fit too.

Unfortunately the bars (869 Aerobars), bike racks and 1/2 width box have arrived before the Yeti :-( however the 775 foot pack is common between the Yeti and my Scout - so I've made use of them.

I've gone for the 127's myself, but I'm sure I've also seen a Thule page saying the 120's fit too.

Unfortunately the bars (869 Aerobars), bike racks and 1/2 width box have arrived before the Yeti :-( however the 775 foot pack is common between the Yeti and my Scout - so I've made use of them.

Ah ok. So best I just buy the feet then and see if my existing bars fit.

I had to get a short wide roofbox since I have a firepit for camping that is 700mm in diameter. So I can never take the roofbox and a bike rack at the same time.

The Thule website app guide states that you need the 120cm bars for the Yeti. Hope they are right as I swapped my 127's for 120's with my neighbour as he needed the 127's for his Freelander. Looks like I've got a job this weekend.

on the LAS 630 001...

why 6 screws for the rear bar?

when you disassembling the bars you are also taking out the screws? or you leave it there forever? any wind noise increase with screws only?

tks in advance..

on the LAS 630 001...

why 6 screws for the rear bar?

when you disassembling the bars you are also taking out the screws? or you leave it there forever? any wind noise increase with screws only?

tks in advance..

6 screws each side at the back allows alternative spacing of the bars .

No increase in wind noise with the screws fitted that I can notice.

John

Do the 120cm bars fit (thule 761 or 861) as non thule websites say its should be the 127cm bars.

Can anyone confirm if the 120cm are wide enough.

Cheers,

The non thule websites is right. You need 127cm one .

But I dont recommend the thule brand for the Yeti because of wind noise...I have it but I am not satisfied...mostly at low speeds

Edited by COOLG

Thanks for that, I measured the roof rail distance and 120cm does look too short. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Darn... that means I have to buy new bars as well since my current 120s won't fit! emoticon-0106-crying.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got my new Yeti with the original Skoda roof bars (LAS 630 001). But since it was already installed in place I don't have the manual/information pages of the product. Can anyone who bought the product scan those pages (pdf) and post it here?

Thank you.

Ari

Hi i have the skoda roof bars and leave my screws in when they are off (less chance of loosing them lol) and no wind noise.

Firstly i bought some bargain roofbars from lidl and had to mod them slightly they worked but where tricky to fit and always made me worry as the width was on its limits of existance with my roofbox attached.

This year i decided to take the plunge and purchased the skode original bars and have to say i am glad i did , under 5 mins to install and secure and smart when fitted on a family holiday last week no security worries and on motorways in reasonble winds coming out of wales at 85-90mph all was well.

Really great value.

Peter

I've fitted Prorack Wispbars to my Yeti ... bit pricey but great quality and easy to fit/remove and easily adaptable to fit other vehicles too. I've found them to be virtually silent in use (they're shaped like an aircraft wing and are reputedly the quietest on the market at the moment - if the manufacturer's claims/research are to be believed) and don't seem to have any effect on fuel economy. I use them with a Kamei Corvara Roofbox and Thule Proride 591 Cycle Carriers and they all seem to go nicely together.

Bought mine through My link - quick delivery and good after sales service.

I am going to try and fit my old black Thule bars from my Octavia LE Estae onto my Yeti, just to see if they fit OK. The Roof rail shape is different so not that hopeful. But worth a try. Anyone else done this?

Further question anyone got the code for the newer Silver Oval Thule roof bars that fit the Yeti? TIA.

Edited by VRS-LE-OCT-II