6 replies to this topic

#1 kevin defty

kevin defty

kde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 15:03

Hi, our 51 plate fabia 1.4mpi has the annoying problem of the water temp light flashing when the car is started cold each morning. After a few minutes it goes off and stays off, presumably when the temp sender unit has warmed up. I suspect a sender unit problem, anyone know the fix for this one? The water coolant is at the correct level and has no leaks. I guess a sender unit will be an easy fix, but not sure how much one will cost.

#2 MoggyTech

MoggyTech

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Car:Fabia VRS LE / Morris 1000 Traveler

Posted 02 April 2010 - 15:17

Expansion bottle needs replacing, or if you can get at the contacts inside the bottle, clean them.

#3 rojer386

rojer386

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 17:58

If you get a flat bladed screwdriver and scrub it up and down the "prongs" inside the expansion tank that should cure it hopefully.

I had the same problem in my Leon Cupra Tdi and the screwdriver method worked.

#4 kevin defty

kevin defty

kde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 21:47

thanks for the replies, think I will drain the tank down to get to the prongs, try the scraping method and if that fails buy a new tank on ebay(£14.99 delivered )
Thanks again for your help.

#5 national

national

VRS SE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Car:VRS SE RACE BLUE 028/1000 Ex Bright Yellow 04 VRS prev 03 RED FABIA 1.9TDI Elegance

Posted 02 April 2010 - 23:19

thanks for the replies, think I will drain the tank down to get to the prongs, try the scraping method and if that fails buy a new tank on ebay(£14.99 delivered )
Thanks again for your help.

Or £10.99 from SKODA

National

#6 rum4mo

rum4mo

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:42

Or £10.99 from SKODA

National

Yes its amazing how many of us get mugged by "bargains" on ebay - can't knock it though - we should get in there and make a fortune!

Edit:- Note ebay probably = NOS and probably a superceded version >>>> dealer = latest version !!

Edited by rum4mo, 03 April 2010 - 08:45.

#7 kevin defty

kevin defty

kde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 19:14

Yes its amazing how many of us get mugged by "bargains" on ebay - can't knock it though - we should get in there and make a fortune!

Edit:- Note ebay probably = NOS and probably a superceded version >>>> dealer = latest version !!

Is that from any skoda dealer? or a website? I was quoted £20 today for a secondhand one at a scrapyard from an 04 Fabia