Octavia window regulator cables

Have ordered new cables, will let all the peeps know how i get on !!

Hi Nordot

Exactly the same has happened to me, rusted and snapped control cable, I've now got my door in bits on my drive. GSF Parts wanted £50, is that reasonable?

I'm now waiting to see how you get on before I take the plunge, it looks a bit awkward to fit and may just get the garage to do it.

Please let us know (the Haynes manual is useless)

Neil

It's not that difficult. Half an hour to an hour should do it. Take off door card, pull back foam membrane from top down (make sure not to strip the bottom edge of the foam). Manoeuvre the window glass down a tad if possible to allow better access to the bolts holding in the glass. Remove the plastic trim at the base of the window opening to allow the glass to be removed. Loosen bolts and remove the glass. Loosen approx 6 star head bolts holding mechanism to door. Unplug loom connector from window motor. Remove old regulator assembly. Unscrew 3 screws holding motor to regulator and refit to new regulator. Refit is the reverse of removal. Make sure to carefully seal the foam membrane with duck tape or similar to prevent leaks.

Edited by pdhealy
  • Like 1

Cables were changed in about two hours, window works fine now. Not a job for the faint hearted !!!!!!!

In my octavia the rear left electric window doesn't work. The electric motor keeps some noise and obviously it is spinning. I quess the cables may be broke? Has anyone got some hints on how to repair these electric wondows?

• 1 month later...

In my octavia the rear left electric window doesn't work. The electric motor keeps some noise and obviously it is spinning. I quess the cables may be broke? Has anyone got some hints on how to repair these electric wondows?

e-bay have window regulator repair kits on at about £20 might need one myself could be useful

• 2 years later...

It's not that difficult. Half an hour to an hour should do it. Take off door card, pull back foam membrane from top down (make sure not to strip the bottom edge of the foam). Manoeuvre the window glass down a tad if possible to allow better access to the bolts holding in the glass. Remove the plastic trim at the base of the window opening to allow the glass to be removed. Loosen bolts and remove the glass. Loosen approx 6 star head bolts holding mechanism to door. Unplug loom connector from window motor. Remove old regulator assembly. Unscrew 3 screws holding motor to regulator and refit to new regulator. Refit is the reverse of removal. Make sure to carefully seal the foam membrane with duck tape or similar to prevent leaks.

Followed this simple guide to change the passengers side front door regulator today. It really was a breeze! Thanks mate! :)

Cables on my repair kit snapped (pulled an end off) within 4 months of fitting. Entire window regulator was only £50 for genuine parts from TPS. With the trouble it was to mess around with the repair kit, it just wasn't worth not fitting the entire regulator, imo.