Skoda Fabia 2001... help pairing remote keys after battery change

hi guys just got myself a fabia 2002 1.9 tdi

the central locking works from key but not remote....... just bought 2 batteries for each remote and cant seem to pair!!!

looked in manual and says press button and then open door with key within 1 minute...... not working

any ideas???

• 8 months later...

If you get any joy with this, please let me know as I have the same problem. There was a solution posted earlier, but it didn't work for a couple of us. Really want to avoid being ripped off my dealer for reprogramming...

Link is here

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/159069-resetting-immobilisercentral-locking/

And me! Anyone have any joy??

Is your remote part of the key or a separate fob (with one big round button that locks and unlocks, and a smaller button that pops the boot with a red led that lights each time a button is pressed?).

If it is the separate two-button fob let me know and i may be able to assist!

Ben

Edited by Benatron

Is your remote part of the key or a separate fob (with one big round button that locks and unlocks, and a smaller button that pops the boot with a red led that lights each time a button is pressed?).

If it is the separate two-button fob let me know and i may be able to assist!

Ben

Hi Ben - it's part of the key I'm afraid...not a separate fob!

Using a spare key switch the ignition on.

Insert the key to be programmed into the driver’s door lock.

Manually lock the driver’s door using the key.

Press the Lock or Unlock button on the fob once.

Wait for a least one second.

Press the Lock or Unlock button on the fob twice.

The vehicle horn will sound to indicate correct programming.

This should work if you have both keys

• Thanks 1

hi guys just got myself a fabia 2002 1.9 tdi

the central locking works from key but not remote....... just bought 2 batteries for each remote and cant seem to pair!!!

looked in manual and says press button and then open door with key within 1 minute...... not working

any ideas???

I have one working key and one older, not-working key. The dead one was used every day for 4+ years, then one morning it wouldn't work.

I've tried a few things with it. Tried pairing it to the alarm, no joy. I've stripped it down, replaced the battery, inspected it for obvious corrosion, removed the circuit board and baked it in the oven. Still no joy. When a button is pushed, the red LED on the remote flashes, but no response from the car. IMO the RF section is fried or has "drifted".

OTOH, anyone know if any part of the circuit is supposed to be an aerial?

J.

• 1 month later...

Found this thread from a google search and just wanted to add what (eventually!) worked for me, in case it helps anyone else.

After changing the battery (remote had been dead for about 2 years before I got round to it...), remote central locking wouldn't work, so here's what got it paired up for me:

* Press unlock button on key fob

* Unlock drivers door with key (on my Fabia, this unlocks the doors but doesn't turn off the alarm, still have flashing red light on driver's door)

* With key still in the door lock, press unlock button on remote to turn off alarm. When I did this, the hazards flashed several times, and that was it, the key was now paired and working perfectly.

Not sure if this will work for anyone else but maybe worth a try if you're stuck and nothing else has worked!

(I have a 2000 Fabia, and my keys are the rectangular fobs where the key part flips out from one corner. Dunno if this matters...)

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 3/7/2011 at 17:54, Lilibee said:

Found this thread from a google search and just wanted to add what (eventually!) worked for me, in case it helps anyone else.

After changing the battery (remote had been dead for about 2 years before I got round to it...), remote central locking wouldn't work, so here's what got it paired up for me:

* Press unlock button on key fob

* Unlock drivers door with key (on my Fabia, this unlocks the doors but doesn't turn off the alarm, still have flashing red light on driver's door)

* With key still in the door lock, press unlock button on remote to turn off alarm. When I did this, the hazards flashed several times, and that was it, the key was now paired and working perfectly.

Not sure if this will work for anyone else but maybe worth a try if you're stuck and nothing else has worked!

(I have a 2000 Fabia, and my keys are the rectangular fobs where the key part flips out from one corner. Dunno if this matters...)

Hi,

I have the same years but I've got 4 keys, bought the car last week. 2 normal key (open the doors but can't ignition) and 2 flip fob remote key(Can't open the doors but do ignition). Both don't work I replaced the batteries. Maybe I did something wrong but doesn't work for me. Any advice?

Skoda Fabia Keys.jpg