Octavia 2 front wipers not working.

Hey guys. I currently have a 2005 Octavia in the workshop. I've just replaced the fusebox in the engine compartment due to water ingression. Everything is up and running but I have noticed that the front wipers and washers aren't working. The rear wiper works so I'm guessing the switch is probably ok. I have checked all the fuses relating to wipers including the fusebox in the side of the dashboard but they are all ok. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem before. It appears to have 2 relays for the rear wash wipe but not for the front.. Any advice would be appreciated :-)

Hey guys. I currently have a 2005 Octavia in the workshop. I've just replaced the fusebox in the engine compartment due to water ingression. Everything is up and running but I have noticed that the front wipers and washers aren't working. The rear wiper works so I'm guessing the switch is probably ok. I have checked all the fuses relating to wipers including the fusebox in the side of the dashboard but they are all ok. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem before. It appears to have 2 relays for the rear wash wipe but not for the front.. Any advice would be appreciated :-)

Shut the bonnet and try again

• 5 years later...

sorry for reviving an old thread, but my front wipers stopped working today.  i did the following spot checks:-

- fuse F19 (located in the engine bay) = all good

- bonnet seems to be closed, as per usual, hence shouldn't be preventing the wipers from wokring

- front windscreen washer  = all good and working

- rear wiper = all good and working

- rear wiper washer = all good and working

everything else "seems" ok - now i'm baffled - why could it not be working?  

what else could be preventing the front wipers from working now?

wiper motor?

wiper stalk?  but it responds to rear wiper functions and front washer fluid clean.

• 7 years later...

Hi all 

I’ve just had my wipers stop working on my 2009 Octavia 2 and it turned out to be fuse F19 in the fuse box under the bonnet, but be aware that if the bonnet is open your wipers won’t work.

I had this problem once before when I took my headlight out a disconnected it and funny enough I had my headlight disconnected today, don’t know if that is just a coincidence or whether it’s connected.

cheers All👍👍