FMIC finally fitted :)

Finally got around to fitting my Seat sport intercooler, fitting was fairly straight forward, only minor adjustments were needed to the crash bar. I bought a pipe kit from forge that is designed to fit the intercooler to the ibiza's, they all fitted spot on! Here are some pictures i took along the way

intercooler bolted on

IMG082.jpg

crash bar on

IMG083.jpg

this shows just how little i had to trim the bar

IMG084.jpg

all connected up :)

IMG085.jpg

and finally, bumper back on!

IMG086.jpg

The size...Couldn't you fit a bigger one :giggle:

It is a little on the large side but as they say, if your going to do it, do it properly!

Thats sport on mate, and very pleasing to hear, i`v just ordered one up! :thumbup:

Matt

Have you ordered a Seat sport? If you have, make sure you order the mounting brackets aswell, makes life so much easier!! If you need any info or help just drop me a pm!

Cracking job there :thumbup:

Much better fit in my Eye's than the Forge item... Shorter pipe runs as you don't have that silly loop back underneath the intercooler........

How is the intercooler fastened to the Car then ? You can't actually see ...

& how much was/is the Seat sport intercooler & pipe Kit please ?

Cheers.

Dean ;)

Edited by dfullb

Cracking job there :thumbup:

Much better fit in my Eye's than the Forge item... Shorter pipe runs as you don't have that silly loop back underneath the intercooler........

How is the intercooler fastened to the Car then ? You can't actually see ...

& how much was/is the Seat sport intercooler & pipe Kit please ?

Cheers.

Dean ;)

Its meant to be much more efficient than the forge kit, certainly looks a whole lot better. The intercooler is mounted on 2 brackets which bolt on to the radiator mounting points, ive got the part no's if anybody needs them. As for price. the intercooler retails at £265+vat and the pipes were £225 so a fair bit cheaper than the forge one aswell. I did have to modify the bumper a little though, had to cut some of the supports out to clear the pipes, also had to lose one of the top mounting brackets! And i can no longer use my towing eye, there's a boost pipe in the way!

Its meant to be much more efficient than the forge kit, certainly looks a whole lot better. The intercooler is mounted on 2 brackets which bolt on to the radiator mounting points, ive got the part no's if anybody needs them. As for price. the intercooler retails at £265+vat and the pipes were £225 so a fair bit cheaper than the forge one aswell. I did have to modify the bumper a little though, had to cut some of the supports out to clear the pipes, also had to lose one of the top mounting brackets! And i can no longer use my towing eye, there's a boost pipe in the way!

Yes please to part Numbers ;)

Dean

ah i want one now!

*looks for somthing to sell*

looks brilliant :thumbup:

out of interest which seat are they actually supposed to be fitted on?

They are fitted on the mk4 ibiza cupra derv and 1.8t as standard!

• 3 months later...
Guest BigJase88

not as great detail as gaz but heres a pic of mines, i believe mine is on custom brackets so sits lower.... also i dont lose a bumper fixing either

my ic looks a bit tatty after all it is 60k old!!

i now have new pipes like gaz and have cleaned it up a bit, put some holes in crash bar for air and sprayed it up

IMG_0054.jpg

et voila

IMG_0106.jpg

not as great detail as gaz but heres a pic of mines, i believe mine is on custom brackets so sits lower.... also i dont lose a bumper fixing either

my ic looks a bit tatty after all it is 60k old!!

i now have new pipes like gaz and have cleaned it up a bit, put some holes in crash bar for air and sprayed it up

IMG_0054.jpg

et voila

IMG_0106.jpg

Wicked! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

The forge pipes are a bloody tight fit!!

Had to lose the drivers side bumper mount, which isn't really a big deal.

Quite a lot of the plastic meshy bit inside the bumper needed cutting away (couldn't see this mentioned anywhere. I dont have pictures of that though) because the forge pipes were in the way.

Some trimming of the passenger side bumper mount was required but can be kept (just).

dsc7069k.jpg

dsc7070.jpg

dsc7078.jpg

dsc7082.jpg

dsc7086d.jpg

dsc7093.jpg

dsc7094.jpg

dsc7095.jpg

dsc7096.jpg

dsc7099.jpg