Quickest way to drain a tank of fuel?

Guys i need to empty the content of my cars fuel tank, which fortunately should only be circa 7 litres or so.

There's some horrible substance in there that is not allowing the car to work.

Whats the quickest way to get it all out? I can't sit priming the pump all day with the feed disconnected...

Thanks!

Edited by Keefe

screwdriver through the bottom of the tank. :thumbup:

There was no mention that the tank had to function as a tank afterwards. :giggle:

on topic I think there is a way to disconnect the fuel line from the fpr and run the pump to empty it. although I believe you can remove the filler pipe toward the bottom and get a syphon pipe in. the anti syphon bit is towards the top of the pipe IIRC HTH :D

More serious answer: lift the back seats, and then there is an access to the tank under the carpet, use a syphon to drain from there.

Disconnect the fuel filter and drain it from there. It maybe a good idea to replace the filter. Also, disconnect the fuel lines in the engine bay and allow any fuel to drain back. When nothing more will come out, add some fuel and drain that too.

If there was no contamination, I would do it as described by mbanes above.

What do you think has contaminated the tank?

More serious answer: lift the back seats, and then there is an access to the tank under the carpet, use a syphon to drain from there.

OK, so if i remove the black metal cover, i should be able to lift out that plastic cap with the plug on and be into the tank?

OK, so if i remove the black metal cover, i should be able to lift out that plastic cap with the plug on and be into the tank?

I believe so. There may be a low pressure pump in there, and a level sensor too.... (only going on what my 306 HDi had under the seat, as I have not explored the Octy's fuel tank).