Headlight adapters on Yeti

aleksj

Hi, anybody knows where do the continental adapters go on Yeti S headlights?

Got the Halfords' adapters, unfortunately no instructions for Yeti, too new I guess.

Thanks,

Aleks

Hi, anybody knows where do the continental adapters go on Yeti S headlights?

Got the Halfords' adapters, unfortunately no instructions for Yeti, too new I guess.

Thanks,

Aleks

You don't need them, the Yeti is capable of 'swivelling' the headlamps so they are suitable for European use. :yes:

You don't need them, the Yeti is capable of 'swivelling' the headlamps so they are suitable for European use. :yes:

I may be wrong but I think that feature is only available on Bi-xenon equipped cars. You also need the maxi - dot display to be able to switch.

Only if you have the Bi-xenon lights.

If you have "normal" lights look for a little circle moulded into the lens, and centre the adaptors over them.

Sorry, looks like I got it slightly wrong :doh:

I'm getting an Elegance with park assist so I know it will work on my SM :D

Only if you have the Bi-xenon lights.

If you have "normal" lights look for a little circle moulded into the lens, and centre the adaptors over them.

Hi Graham,

no circle either I,m afraid.

4657338728_5d08a6a864_b.jpg

Had the same problem with my previous Golf, although the pack of beam benders I used came with instructions for lining them with the bulb. Unfortunately those instructions are long gone emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

TP

From previous threads

1) Only bi-xenon headlamps can be altered through the maxidot 'tourist' setting

2) Your dealer will be able to convert your headlamps at a large cost !

3) The method I used was to study the diagrams supplied for other VAG cars and go to the top inside floor of a multi level car-park (empty with nice vertical walls and in the dry) with the haedlamps on

play with the halfords sticky things untill the headlamp pattern reflected on the wall had a horizontal line - the bit which causes dazzeling is the 'triangle' (from the horizontal) on the left of centre - about 9 o'clock to 10 o clock . hope I'm making sense.

4) The chance of being stopped is fairly remote it seems and I would guess there would be some 'other' reason for stopping you rather than just headlamps.

5) Some other drivers don't convert their lights at all or they just adjust the lights as low as possible with the load compensating wheel on the dash.

6) When you come to remove them the sticky residue is best cleaned off with 'Stickey Stuff Remover' from Lakeland Plastics (the Kitchen gadget people)

AND Have a great and safe trip. :sun: :thumbup:B)

From previous threads

1) Only bi-xenon headlamps can be altered through the maxidot 'tourist' setting

2) Your dealer will be able to convert your headlamps at a large cost !

3) The method I used was to study the diagrams supplied for other VAG cars and go to the top inside floor of a multi level car-park (empty with nice vertical walls and in the dry) with the haedlamps on

play with the halfords sticky things untill the headlamp pattern reflected on the wall had a horizontal line - the bit which causes dazzeling is the 'triangle' (from the horizontal) on the left of centre - about 9 o'clock to 10 o clock . hope I'm making sense.

4) The chance of being stopped is fairly remote it seems and I would guess there would be some 'other' reason for stopping you rather than just headlamps.

5) Some other drivers don't convert their lights at all or they just adjust the lights as low as possible with the load compensating wheel on the dash.

6) When you come to remove them the sticky residue is best cleaned off with 'Stickey Stuff Remover' from Lakeland Plastics (the Kitchen gadget people)

AND Have a great and safe trip. :sun: :thumbup:B)

Regarding points 3 - 6, that's exactly what I was going to suggest and what I did with my company Passat. I used Eurolites converters and since the Passat has cornering bi-xenon lights, I've left the3 converters on. In fact they've been on for over 2 years!

John

I would have thought that these would come with instructions:

Skoda Universal Headlamp Beam Adaptors

Generally what you are attempting to do is flatten the beam kick up to the right, which would mean shining the lights onto a vertical surface and seeing in which position the adaptor will do this. When making up a set for a car a while ago the masking on each headlamp was in a different position to acheive this.

I bought the Halfords adaptors just last week for the A2 going to France and the Yeti was listed. Perhaps you just got old stock?

I bought the Halfords adaptors just last week for the A2 going to France and the Yeti was listed. Perhaps you just got old stock?

Any chance of a scan of the relevant drawing?

Regards,

Aleks

Any chance of a scan of the relevant drawing?

Here they are Aleks:

imgp6392y.jpg

imgp6393.jpg

DS = Driver's side and PS = Passenger side on a UK right hand drive car.

I always started from a position below the centre line of the bulb and to the right in order to block out the "kick-up" which in the UK is above the centre line and to the left.

tom

I always started from a position below the centre line of the bulb and to the right in order to block out the "kick-up" which in the UK is above the centre line and to the left.

tom

They vary hence needing a guide. My A2's is to the bottom and left on both lights. And as you can see from the above pics the Yeti's is the complete opposite being immediately to the right and not up or down.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone out there actually changed their headlight clusters for LHD, and can share their experience - cost etc. Have imported my Yeti to France and will need to change them permanently. Thanks

Has anyone out there actually changed their headlight clusters for LHD, and can share their experience - cost etc. Have imported my Yeti to France and will need to change them permanently. Thanks

Are you changing reg as well? - I have been told you can retain UK reg etc for as long as you own the car and use it in France! - local DRIRE office in Quimper

Also, used my old Berlingo and the SM on max load compensation dip without problems, passing several night time roadblock courtesy of the local Gendarmes

Yes it's registered in France now as we plan to live here all the time. I think it is officially six months max before you are meant to register the car in the country. I can use adaptors until I am either stopped or have the first "contrôle téchnique" in about a year, when they demand

it to be done.

Since the main headlight and the round inner ones are one piece I suspect it is a bumper off job to swap UK lights for European ones. But you can always sell them back here on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-YETI-O-S-HEADLIGHT-09-PLATE-/180692997787

$(KGrHqR,!h!E3u4+mtE6BOFs6Sv,2!~~0_12.JPG

• 10 months later...

Necro thread alert

Apologies for resurrecting this, although it's good to keep all info together. Anyhoo, off to France in 2 weeks so being all boy scoutish and getting prepared.

Looks like Halfords have updated their leaflet as mine shows 2 options for Yetis, Standard Lights Only, and Projector Lights Only.

DSC_0001.jpg

I'm assuming on the S they're Standard Lights so I go to Diagram 2

DSC_0002.jpg

and Example 1

DSC_0003.jpg

discarding the tail and using the round bit only.

That look OK for an S ?

WD40 should also remove the sticky residue.

Although you can keep the UK reg for a few months in most European countries (not in the UK when going there though) you still should alter the headlights immediately

Yup. Got Lakeland Sticky Stuff remover (excellent product BTW).

Type/positioning look OK for an S with - I presume - standard lights ?

You may only have to change the bulbs - UK Bulbs are all Left Hand dip, I think that the ones sold in France just dip up and down without a 'kick' to the left, though try The Plumber, he has all the part numbers and will tell you what you need