Retofit rear parking sensors(pic request)

So, I bought a rear sensor kit from fleabay, which looks good, and (looks)pretty straight forward to fit, and colour coded gloss black. I want it to look as close to OE spec as possible, so will be fitting below the rubbing strip, so want to get the locations spot on to look factory. I have seen a few pics of the rear with them(most not very clear) has anyone got them factory fitted and can somehow measure the locations, and post pics? Any fitting tips that may help too, would it better removing the bumper? . Thanks :)

Edited by VeedubyaGTi

Just in case your bumper doesn't have marks for the holes heres a pic and some measurements

DSCN1214.jpg

The middle of each sensor is 45mm down from the bottom edge of the rubbing strip.

The middle two sensors are 435mm apart (from the middle of the sensor to the middle of the sensor) and the end sensors are 445mm away from each middle one (from middle of sensor to middle of sensor).

Hope that helps :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted these last weekend, for reference the inside of the bumper did NOT have any marks inside to fit the sensors(gutted) So chicken_eyebrow, your pics and measurements were invaluable and much appreciated. No real problems in fitting, after marking them up on masking tape, and drilling(scary) It all turned out really well, and works a treat, and I think I`ve achieved the factory look I was hoping for :thumbup:

DSC00781.gif?t=1278325889

Awesome, that looks factory fitted :thumbup:

Do you fit the beeper in the same place as the factory fit one (B pillar below the seatbelt)? I've thought once or twice about replacing my beeper with a different one just for a change :)

looks good tha :thumbup: is it wired in so when you engage reverse it turns on?

Yes, one wire goes to the reversing light wire, so just kicks in when reverse is engaged, one to an earth point-which was put to a bolt down earth already there under the n/s light. All the other wiring is easy, it all clips into the main control box supplied, which has some 3M sticky pad on, so was put under n/s light unit on a little sort of shelf that looked made for it! Bleeper just clips into the box again, and wire was put behind the side boot carpet, bleeper was stuck with the 3M sticky pad again under the n/s speaker shelf. I would`nt want to put the bleeper into the cabin after briefly testing it first, as it would be too loud, but perfect in the boot.

Awesome, that looks factory fitted :thumbup:

Do you fit the beeper in the same place as the factory fit one (B pillar below the seatbelt)? I've thought once or twice about replacing my beeper with a different one just for a change :)

Looks like the same kit I bought and one of the first mods i did, and a blooming good mod.

You don't have to remove the bumper to fit them and is very straight forward. The kit comes with the drill cutter and all parts needed.

I routed sensor cables up through an existing grommet inside boot and fitted the sensor module above the cd changer to the inside of the rear wing and the bleeper under the plastic speaker shelf. Nothing can be seen and all look and works as OEM.

I can do some DIY pics and guid if needed.

Here are a few of the rear.

reversingsensors.jpg

SkodaVRSExhaustpic.jpg

April262008005.jpg

Nice

have to get this done.

:)

+1 for that - fitted them on my last car and have been looking for a decent cheapish kit for a while now to fit on my Octi :thumbup:

Looks like the same kit I bought and one of the first mods i did, and a blooming good mod.

I can do some DIY pics and guid if needed.

if you wouldnt mind that would be brilliant, would certainly help out me and a few others at least :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case your bumper doesn't have marks for the holes heres a pic and some measurements

DSCN1214.jpg

The middle of each sensor is 45mm down from the bottom edge of the rubbing strip.

The middle two sensors are 435mm apart (from the middle of the sensor to the middle of the sensor) and the end sensors are 445mm away from each middle one (from middle of sensor to middle of sensor).

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Want to get a colour matched set of sensors to retro fit to my estate,.....

Anyone know what the measurements are for the estate?,.... Obviously measurements in relation to the rubbing strip are going to be slightly different,......

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i've bought the same kit as the OP, this kit comes with some spacers for the sensors which when fitted will angle the sensors slightly towards the ground like so.... / The instruction manual seems to suggest they are needed, but i'm not sure they are as the rear bumper is a flat surface.

Has anyone else used these spacers?

Thanks, Jon

Hi, i've bought the same kit as the OP, this kit comes with some spacers for the sensors which when fitted will angle the sensors slightly towards the ground like so.... / The instruction manual seems to suggest they are needed, but i'm not sure they are as the rear bumper is a flat surface.

Has anyone else used these spacers?

Thanks, Jon

Hi there , a lot of these kits come with sensor spacers. Actually they are not designed to point sensor to the ground but the opposite. They are designed to allow the sensor to sit verticle on bumpers that are too curved so the sensor is not pointing to the ground.

If it was, it would keep beeping because it thinks something is the way when it is only the ground, and drive you mad. :smirk:

The VRS should not need them if you are fitting where they are meant to be. :thumbup:

Edited by Bowders1

Thanks guys, thats exactly what i thought the spacers were for.

Gonna try and fit them in a sec without removing the bumper, should be nice and fiddly, lol. Found a nice rubber grommet to run the wires through.