Retofit rear parking sensors(pic request)

• 6 months later...

The kits I have seen give an example of the alarm sounds in relation to distance, with the most hectic/panicky sound for the 0mm - 300mm distance. What is puzzling me is that surely for parking, you need something to tell you when you get around the 100mm - 150mm mark from the car behind?, not something that tells you that you could be anything in between touching bumpers and a foot (old money LOL) away!

The kits I have seen give an example of the alarm sounds in relation to distance, with the most hectic/panicky sound for the 0mm - 300mm distance. What is puzzling me is that surely for parking, you need something to tell you when you get around the 100mm - 150mm mark from the car behind?, not something that tells you that you could be anything in between touching bumpers and a foot (old money LOL) away!

The beep changes as you get closer to a object they work very well

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the same kit I bought and one of the first mods i did, and a blooming good mod.

You don't have to remove the bumper to fit them and is very straight forward. The kit comes with the drill cutter and all parts needed.

I routed sensor cables up through an existing grommet inside boot and fitted the sensor module above the cd changer to the inside of the rear wing and the bleeper under the plastic speaker shelf. Nothing can be seen and all look and works as OEM.

I can do some DIY pics and guid if needed.

Here are a few of the rear.

reversingsensors.jpg

SkodaVRSExhaustpic.jpg

April262008005.jpg

If this is the same kit you bought do you know what colour you ordered? or was it just silver that you asked for? looks like a good kit and doesn't seem to hard to fit, defo a good thing to have

Guys thanks for this thread, after reading it I ordered mine and have fitted them today.

Had a friend filming me when I drilled the first hole in the bumper, obviously hoping I would go wrong but it all went to plan :)

Wow parking sensors are great!

possibly a silly question, but dont have time to search it, could anybody tell me what colour wire goes to the reversing lights? thanks

I wired mine into the left side and on that side it is the black/blue wires (There is 2 Black/Blue wires going into the same socket), either wire will do.

I think it was the 3rd socket down they went into.

;)

Also its not a silly question, rather than look it up myself I borrowed a mates multimeter and looked for the 12v when reverse was selected B)

+1

That is what i did.

I fitted little speaker/beeper under the parcel shelf plastic bracket

So, I bought a rear sensor kit from fleabay, which looks good, and (looks)pretty straight forward to fit, and colour coded gloss black. I want it to look as close to OE spec as possible, so will be fitting below the rubbing strip, so want to get the locations spot on to look factory. I have seen a few pics of the rear with them(most not very clear) has anyone got them factory fitted and can somehow measure the locations, and post pics? Any fitting tips that may help too, would it better removing the bumper? . Thanks :)

the ultimate parking sensor is a towbar, get one of them !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to all who contributed to this thread, particularly the ebay link, and the photos/measurements.

Fitted this to my vRS last week. Makes parking sooooo much easier. I took the bumper off to fit it, but could probably just drilled the holes, in accordance with the measurements/photos on this thread.

While I was fitting it, my mate popped round who used to work for Halfords. Aparently a colour matched bumper kit looking similar to "O.E" could cost over £100 to fit. So £16 and a couple of hours of your time, well worth it.

Does anyone have a pic of the oem sensors? I have a genuine skoda retrofit kit, but the instructions are a bit pants! It shows them being installed in the painted part of the bumper, but it also shows them being instaled in the black strip. :wonder:

Has anyone got the accessory kit fitted?

Thanks again to anyone that posted here, especially the link. £13.99 is an absolute bargain, esp when halfords have them for £199 with a display and you only really need the sounder. I'm going to fit it this weekend. The only question I have is how/where you run the cables from the bumper into the boot?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks again to anyone that posted here, especially the link. £13.99 is an absolute bargain, esp when halfords have them for £199 with a display and you only really need the sounder. I'm going to fit it this weekend. The only question I have is how/where you run the cables from the bumper into the boot?

Thanks in advance.

There is a rubber gromit in the boot, if you take out the polystyrene bit, i ran my cables through there and then pushed the gromit back in aswel as i could

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the kit, it was pretty straight forward. The only pain was masking off and measuring for the positions. Made easy by the post on here. I think they are definitely better in the bumper. It is a tad scary drilling into the bumper but the drill bit you get with the kit is perfect. All my friends thought they were factory fitted!

Must get some pics up.......

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As Raf says above, also put masking tape over the are to be drilled to reduce paint damage and use chicken eyebrows measurements and the job will be a goodun. Fitted mine 3 weeks ago, very simple really. Just get some clear silicon to seal round the grommet you route the cables through to stop any water entry.

Also noticed since doing mine that there are some marks on the inside of the plastic rubbing strip that looks like its for sensors

Sent from my GT-I9100. Not a Crapple!