WA2 8QF

01925 633583

Services: New, Used, Business, Repair

New Skoda franchise wef 2 August 2010.

Edited by DGW
Address corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Right looks like I'm the guinea pig!

My car went in yesterday for a 90 000 mile service and to investigate a slight loss of coolant.

I got a brand new Polo as a courtesy car - 70bhp 1.2 but clean and half full of petrol. More often than not other Skoda dealers in the area - if they had a car - provided a dirty 3 cylinder Fabia.

The service receptionist was friendly and called me about progress with the car.

They kept my car for 2 days to fully investigate the coolant leak but kept me fully informed all the time so no surprises. Unfortunatley the leak being quite small could not be found and the lease company refused further exploratory work.

All in all, very pleased and will use them again!

I also had a chat with the sales man about discounts and targets! He was friendly and we had a good chat about what kinds of offers there could be after the 17.5% off - in short he didn't know but said there will be something!

So in summary, will use service again, sales - will see what discount they offer!

Steve

Edited by Steve vRS
  • Thanks 1

I went for a nosey a couple of weeks ago and the guy come over chatting to me as he saw me pull up in my VRS. They had a new Fabia VRS in white which he said they were getting stickered up a bit like a rally rep. I think they've had it done now as there's a pic of one in the Warrington Guardian on an ad but not seen it in the flesh since its been done. Sales guy was friendly enough :)

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

Just rang Lightcliffe for a price for the 18,000 mile service on my 09 Octavia vRS Ltd Ed Diesel. They quoted £244 (saying they'd reduced their prices!), while ***** Skoda at ******** quoted £187!!

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer by name.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took my Fabia VRS in yesterday for a standard 10k service, Cambelt, Water Pump and MOT. Cost me £475 and all in all was a pleasant experience. Both girls on service - Terri and Becky very nice and helpfull. I had a 60 plate Fabia as a courtesy car (forgot my proof of insurance but they were more than happy for me to email them a copy once I got into work). MOT went through with no advisories other than front pads running low which I knew anyway (I always worry that dealers will try and sting you for un-necessary work but maybe thats just me being paranoid!).

Would recommend from the service I recieved.

Marc

[edit]

Just been in my boot for the first time since going in to find a litre of oil in a nice little castrol bag... Bonus! :)

Edited by Marc81
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Superb 1.9 TDI PD Greenline at Lightcliffe yesterday. Having never looked twice at a Skoda before now, I was very impressed by not only the level of attentiveness and service, but the totally non-pushy sales technique. It's about the only time I've ever felt truly valued and cared for at a car showroom, and it sealed the deal for me. I honestly couldn't see a reason not to place an order, it was a breath of fresh air as I said in another thread. Thanks again to Craig for all his help and advice, especially considering I badgered him for a couple of hours a day, two days running before deciding. Highly recommended! :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update to my previous post. I've done 1,000 miles in my new Superb since taking delivery last week... Mine's deep metallic Amazonian Green so not the easiest colour to check for defects, unlike black (for example). I noticed a small 'scuff' in the lacquer on the roof adjoining the top of the driver's door, as well as a couple of long but very slight scratches across the bonnet. They aren't immediately obvious, but once you know they're there, they're bloody annoying! To be honest I expected the dealer to (quite rightly, tbh) tell me to Foxtrot Oscar as I've had the car a while.

Despite that I bit the bullet today and rang Lightcliffe, as the scratches were annoying me. The more road dust they collected the more they stood out like a sore thumb. Lightcliffe Skoda (Craig Yeo again) had a quick look at it for me this afternoon (an hour after my call) and agreed on the spot that (1) it was probably their fault as it's been stood on their forecourt prior to delivery and (2) they will take full responsibility for it. They've booked me in for a full cut, mop and polish on Friday and said to expect the car back as good as new FOC.

Anyone on here used to Skoda's good customer service might not find this surprising, but for me coming from Citroen and Ford.... well... The difference is night and day. Great job again Lightcliffe, and Craig, thanks for everything. Can't recommend these guys highly enough. :thumbup:

EDIT: They did indeed get their visiting body repair guy to have at it, and the results were astounding. The paintwork looks better than new, very even and deeply glossy. More importantly, no more defects! They'd also given it a good wash down and (as far as I could tell) a seeing to inside as well. Perfect service once again, thanks Craig and thanks Lightcliffe!

Edited by Derv
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is booked in to see Lightcliffe a week on Monday for 4th variable service. So far I like the fixed price (including parts) and the speed of being able to book and get a courtesy car - would have taken at least 3 weeks to get a loan car at Claybank.

Will report back on the service after its happened, but first impressions are good.

• 2 weeks later...

So, how did they do?

Well, firstly the price quoted was the price paid. This we like.

Staff great, showroom lovely (but then it is basically brand new, so should be), courtesy car was 60 plate Octavia Greenline estate WITH DIESEL IN IT (****************)

Phone call from staff is always appreciated, but this - for me - was where things started to fall down a little. The phone call was to say "one of the front tyres has an egg on it, and the two rear ones are wearing unevenly. We think you should replace all three of them. We can do it for £211 per corner(!!)."

"Yes," says I, "but replacing the tyres (which are not very old at all) doesn't solve the problem, does it? The new tyres that you want me to buy will just go the same way"

Reply "well it could be anything - pressures, loads, manner of driving"

"Well how about checking the alignment?"

"ah, well we can do that, but it's not covered by warranty" (nothing is covered by warranty - the car's 4 years old, if you care to look properly)

"and what'll it cost?"

"£150"

"£150?!?"

"plus VAT"

Hmm, thanks, but I'll speak to others (eventually got it laser aligned for less than £50...)

The other thing that I didn't like was to find that the service note at the end advised me to change the three tyres (fair enough) but also said "ADVICE - monitor small oil leak starting".

Is that not something that perhaps you ought to ring me and ask me whether I want addressing while the car's in?

So, overall first experience is very much mixed.

Edited by DGW
Comment for another dealer deleted.

• 7 months later...

I bought my new pre reg Octavia from the salesman Norman at Lightciffe that was bad enough.

He never returns your calls hardly or keeps you informed.

Now nearly two months after delivery I am still waiting for V5 so I can put my cherished reg on. I did explain when buying car this was a requirement with the deal.

When I ring up now, Norman is always busy with customer or just left the building and I should speak to clerical, who says sorry V5 not here yet.

Only good thing so far is the car, customer care from my experience very poor!

I bought my new pre reg Octavia from the salesman Norman at Lightciffe that was bad enough.

He never returns your calls hardly or keeps you informed.

Now nearly two months after delivery I am still waiting for V5 so I can put my cherished reg on. I did explain when buying car this was a requirement with the deal.

When I ring up now, Norman is always busy with customer or just left the building and I should speak to clerical, who says sorry V5 not here yet.

Only good thing so far is the car, customer care from my experience very poor!

Maybe they are holding on to the log book as it was pre regd as a demo car and therefore should not have been sold till the retention period ended. At that time your logbook may miraculously show up.

Sure your right loskie, as it was a "brand new unregistered" until five minutes before I agreed to buy it then it became pre registered.

The thing I don't like is the dishonest underhanded way they treat me.

Customer care from my experience is on the up at Lightcliffe

Two phone calls in one week and my v5 arrived yesterday B)

All I could wish for. Now someone who shall remain nameless tells me everyone is jealous at Lightcliffe because only he gets mentions on here. So thanks to Andre for the call and V5. Gary for taking care of the deal when things got heated :rofl: Norman thanks for your call today and yes your right you did not hold on to the V5 and I do think your ok now !

• 3 weeks later...

I just called about an MOT and got quoted £29.95 and i get next years free!!

Booked in straight away!! :D

I just booked in for a service and MOT and was delighted to hear that same deal - I paid £19.95 for my MOT there last year and I thought that was good too... although I may sell my Fabia before next Sept... will have to see if they will transfer the free MOT if I end up getting an Octy :D

£129 for the service and courtesy car agreed for next week all sounds good too. Will report back with this years verdict once I get my car back.

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked in for a service and MOT and was delighted to hear that same deal - I paid £19.95 for my MOT there last year and I thought that was good too... although I may sell my Fabia before next Sept... will have to see if they will transfer the free MOT if I end up getting an Octy :D

£129 for the service and courtesy car agreed for next week all sounds good too. Will report back with this years verdict once I get my car back.

Marc

Edited by DJAYB

Well, just got the car back and can report a faultless experience again. Arrived this morning and was given a 60 plate Fabia 1.6 Tdi which had fuel in. I asked them to investigate a coolant leak while it was in which I thought was from the overflow due to over pressurising.. when they rang me I was told that it just seemed to be a problem with the expansion cap so they had replaced this (it was only £8 so no problem with them just replacing it), and it passed MOT no problem. Everyone was polite and friendly, car cleaned and hoovered etc (even though id polished it yesterday with black hole but nevermind haha). So all in all no problems :)

The point above about the excess... I'm pretty sure if you take a copy of your own policy in you just drive it on that as that's what I was told to do ... maybe the excess comes into affect if you go on their insurance?

Marc

Picked up my New Fabia VRS there on Tuesday.

I initially made contact via telephone & negotiated the deal that way. The PX offer was a bit low but managed to get that up to a reasonable amount.

I arrived a bit early & sat in the waiting area until they opened at 09:00 hrs but the sales manager Andre who i had been dealing with came over, introduced himself & Adrian a salesman who would be looking after me, well before nine which i thought was very good of them. The handover was done very well & as I had no experience of using a DSG vehicle Adrian offered to take me out in the car to show how it worked which was very useful. Mike dealt with the financial side of things & as is quite common I expect, had another go & trying to get make to take gap insurance which I declined once again. I assume they are on commission for this.

I washed & dried the car last night to get a closer look of the bodywork. I reckon the car has been in a compound for a few weeks or a month as the back bumper & area round the number plate had tree sap or leaves type material which doesn't come off with a power wash but does come off with some polish. I will highlight this with them as they are paying someone to valet the car & clearly it was not done correctly in my case.

Overall, a very positive & friendly experience & will be one of the dealers I contact when i am looking to change my car in a few years time :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Had a bad experience with this dealer. I went along a couple of weeks before Xmas as they were advertising some pre registered (March 2011) Fabia SE+ cars for £8,995. Was dealt with in a very pleasant and courteous manner by a saleswoman (Sarah I think). Went for a test drive along the M62 and was satisfied with the car. But when we started talking money, things went off the rails.

The boss man offered me £5,000 for my trade in. I said it was worth £1,400 more according to Parkers. He told me he could not do business, that I was being unrealistic and who did I think was paying for all of this (the showroom!!!). I politely left.

The following day I visited another Dealer in the North West who had a similar offer (a couple of hundred pounds more). Anyway, the trade in value and overall deal offered to me was much better. The cost to change was just under £1,000 cheaper than at Lightcliffes. In the end, I ended up buying a September 2011 61 pre reg Fabia from yet another North West dealer as overall, this deal suited me the best. But very disappointed at the way I was dealt with by Lightcliffes and glad I shopped around.

Hi nbramwel

Come on then tell us your experiences with the other dealers in north West.

I think its great when everyone gives feedback on dealers good or bad and it helps everyone be they customers or dealers.

I looked here at Lightcliffe last year when I was considering swapping my Octavia VRS TDi but the PX price I was offered was over a £1000 less than I was offered at another local Skoda Dealer in Manchester. To tell the truth the PX value I was given was an insult.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi nbramwel

Come on then tell us your experiences with the other dealers in north West.

I think its great when everyone gives feedback on dealers good or bad and it helps everyone be they customers or dealers.

Claybank in North Manchester were good to talk to on the sales side but no other experience of their services. I eventually did business with Alex Lawrie in Liverpool. Have used them for servicing and the odd warranty repair over the past 3 years and have been happy all round. As I say, the deal with them suited me better so had no hesitation.