Lightcliffe Skoda - Warrington

DGW

Funny you replied today nbramwel went into Lightcliffe yesterday to look at Fabia 1.4 MPI for SWMBO asked to try one and in fairness to Bob the salesman he soon had me driving a Fabia but it was a 1.2 and the way it went expect it was TSI he said it was the same power as MPI well yes but loads more Grunt or am I mistaken don't think so.

Anyway credit to Bob he did ring me back today and when asked did a price for Micra trade in we had but not what SWMBO wanted so that's that could try another dealer but she likes the Micra's she has two !

May ring Alex Lawrie though.

• 1 month later...

Hi, All

This is my first post, i bought a skoda octavia 2.0pdi 140 estate, from this dealer in october(12 month warranty), it has now been giving the sympoms of Dual Mass Flywheel problems (vibration going uphills/cruising 65+this disappears if you put your foot on the clutch,noisey rattle when starting up/turning off engine,hesitation when coming off light throttle in traffic worse in 3rd gear,very little clutch control or bite point)

anyway rang up to book car in last monday was unable to get booked in untill today10.30am, said they need it until wednesday 5.00pm so thought i would review how they do with this reguarding warranty and diagnostics. So far so good!!!

updates to follow.

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

i bought by fabia from lightcliffe in march 2011 and the salesman i had was really good! couldnt fault him at all but as for the service people...

they were utterly useless and passed the car on it MOT with a ripped tyre that was leaking air! (not a litte rip either! atleast 2 inches!!) one of my bulbs was fitted wrong and the rear brake discs were complete corrosion on the braking surface! when i complained they were so unhelpful and they tried to put a cheap nasty tyre on when the other 3 were all brand new continental. they finally changed the discs after alot of arguments and i proved they were imbalance by having the tested at another mot station. It was a lady that i was dealing with and she was a horrible woman. i work in aftersales for a toyota dealer and if i done half the things she done i would be sacked without question!!

• 4 months later...

Bought a Citygo Elegance Greentech from Rik Vero at this dealership.

The service he provided was outstanding keeping me updated throughout the whole process. Very friendly and provided honest advice.

I have bought a number of cars from different manufacturers, but have never come across a salesperson as good.

Highly recommended!

• 1 month later...

My vrs had its first service there on Friday, i turned up about 9 in the morning and drove away in a fabia 10 minutes later I asked for it to be ready for around 1430 for me to collect, at 1435 they rang and said its ready to be collected, advice that tyres where low which where being fitting by someone else today, all washed and hovered out price was £129 agreed before hand and thats what I payed and they gave me a small bottle of screen wash for the boot.

All in all good service and I'll be using again no mucking about just good courteous service, I'd have liked a superb as a courtesy car only because I'm toying with buying one but forgot to ask maybe next time it's in.

• 3 weeks later...

Price of Yeti Servicing at Lightcliffe Skoda Warrington

Last week I contacted Lightcliffe Skoda at Warrington and enquired the cost of a first service for my diesel Yeti (17,800 miles, variable service schedule). They quoted £245 for servicing as per the Skoda schedule and I booked it in for Tuesday of this week (6 November).

Out of interest, I then contacted Alex Lawrie who quoted £165 for the same service and offered to collect and return the car from and to my home. (I know, I should have rung round for prices before booking the car in with Lightfoot!)

I contacted Lightcliffe and cancelled my booking (less than an hour after booking it). They asked the reason and, on my telling them the price from Alex Lawrie, they immediately offered to match it. I commented that this raised questions about their business practises and they asked if their Service Manager could call me back to discuss this – I am still waiting for the call!

The car was serviced yesterday by Alex Lawrie, who collected the car and returned it serviced, badges changed under Skoda recall, washed inside and out and with a ‘spare’ bottle of screen-wash. All at their quoted price of £164.

The moral seems to be ring round for prices – not all Skoda dealers are equal.

Price of Yeti Servicing at Lightcliffe Skoda Warrington

Last week I contacted Lightcliffe Skoda at Warrington and enquired the cost of a first service for my diesel Yeti (17,800 miles, variable service schedule). They quoted £245 for servicing as per the Skoda schedule and I booked it in for Tuesday of this week (6 November).

Out of interest, I then contacted Alex Lawrie who quoted £165 for the same service and offered to collect and return the car from and to my home. (I know, I should have rung round for prices before booking the car in with Lightfoot!)

I contacted Lightcliffe and cancelled my booking (less than an hour after booking it). They asked the reason and, on my telling them the price from Alex Lawrie, they immediately offered to match it. I commented that this raised questions about their business practises and they asked if their Service Manager could call me back to discuss this – I am still waiting for the call!

The car was serviced yesterday by Alex Lawrie, who collected the car and returned it serviced, badges changed under Skoda recall, washed inside and out and with a ‘spare’ bottle of screen-wash. All at their quoted price of £164.

The moral seems to be ring round for prices – not all Skoda dealers are equal.

It certainly pays to shop around cheers for the heads up ill shop around next time although at 130 for a service I'm not to fussed ill see how much the next one is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Bought my car from them in June. Friendly, courteous service from the sales staff and apart from having to chase the log book couldn't fault them. Just had my 10,000 mile service done and again all the staff were friendly and helpful and everything was handled efficiently. Courtesy car was organised and paid pre-agreed price of £129.

• 4 months later...

I bought my 11 plate fabia elegance from this dealer last year great service and chucked in Auto glym treatment free of charge excellent service .l had previously been to Skoda Liverpool but was not impressed with the length of time taken to service the car in spite of booking the first of the Day service but having to wait until 3.00 and no wash and no valet and not stamping the service book decided to take my business to Warrington.Well just back from the dealer

Full size spare tyre with Continetal. 16 inch tyre and jack kit £124

Fit Skoda dog guard (supplied. By me). £60

10,000 mile service £129

Badges front and back the print had split replaced no charge

Valet and wash

Brand new loan car with petrol

The Service Manager saw the Child seat in the back and gave me a Skoda cuddly toy for our granddaughter

Excellent Service Excellent Staff ( Thanks to Bill the Service manager)

You may get cheaper but peace of mind re service goes a long way

Would highly recommend

Only my opinion

Numps

If it is service you want, it has to be Mitchells, only in Ellesmere Port, they really are second to none. I found Lightcliffe and Alex Lawrie very arrogant when I was looking to buy a Fabia vRS and a Yeti 170, I asked for treat drives to be told no car was available, I also mentioned I wanted two cars to mumblings of "don't we all"

i went to Mitchells and was given keys to a Yeti 170 and after 45 minutes driving it around we returned to be given the keys to a Fabia vRS so off we went again, result was two new cars, there after sales service is excellent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great service when ordering my Monte Carlo, although, they didn't have a monte to show me other than pictures as they were waiting for a display model but not too worry as I had rang other dealers and they were in the same situation!

I went in to have a look and get a couple prices and I was dealt with by Georgina who had transferred from Honda only a few weeks before so she was still learning about Skoda. She offered me a test drive in a SE model but it did have the engine I wanted, after 45 minutes on the road we headed back and she gave me some quotes to go home with and have a think. Two weeks later I was phoned by Georgina too see if I was still interested and gave me information on the new Tech edition, after giving me a quote for a tech version and after saying I can secure one with just £100 within 15 minutes I was down at Skoda sitting at a desk ordering my car!

I got a little bit annoyed because I didn't know what colour the seats because the Monte Carlo tech you can not add any options, I rang Skoda around 4 times asking the same question and they always said that someone would get back to me, but they never did! On the 5th time I got though to Georgina and my problem was sorted.

Overall a great buying experience (this is also my first car) and great service from Lightcliffe Skoda Warrington and Georgina and will be recommending!

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Well took my Octavia VRS to Lighcliffe yesterday for a major service (20,000 miles) and was pretty impressed. Took it to them last time for a service which was 2 years a go as I virtually didn't use the car last year (don't ask!) and the staff seem to have changed but the service was still good quality. was initially quoted £329 for the service then mentioned the fixed price serving and they dropped it to £259 (£10 over the std. price to include a fuel filter?) . When I turned up I checked and for some reason they had my car down as a diesel (the cheek of it!) so they immediately offered to change the plugs instead but as I did that myself last year and the air filter they said they would "sort me out" a good deal. Anyway they rang me a bit later in the afternoon to advise the rear brake pads were low (which I knew from the MOT anyway) and quoted £111 to replace them which I politley declined as that is the kind of job I am happy doing myself and there was no arguments from them. So I went to collect it at the agreed time ready for an argument over the final price and they had dropped it to £208 'cos of the lack of plug and air filter change. Fair enough you might say and so they should but how many other dealers (other manufacturers) would have just said that is the price of a major service so tough and still charged the full whack? The car was nicely washed and valeted inside so overall a good experience and no reason not to take it back to them for it's next service. Recommended. :happy:

• 2 months later...

Visited this dealer in the last two weeks while looking to buy a 1- 2 year old Octavia VRS. From internet searches I knew exactly what I was looking for.

Upon entering the showroom, we stood around aimlesly waiting for someone to approach us to ask about the vehicle in question. One of the saleman was dealing with another customer, but I could see several others sat around in the offices. I was just about to walk out of the showroom, when eventually a salesman came for the back.

Not very impressed as he tried to dazzle me with facts and figures about his new vehicle ( new octavia petrol ) and how fast it was despite me already having a very specific vehicle in mind. He has not been with the company long after coming from another brand.

I eventually managed to view the vehicle I had come to see (  A blue Octavia VRS ) this vehicle was displayed right on the front of the outside display and had been elevated on ramps. This vehicle was an absolute dog. It had obviously been raced at some point in is short life, there was obvious damage to the rear bumper that had been filled with white polyfiller ! and stood out like a sore thumb, in addtion the two from tyres had recently been replaced with some unknown far eastern brand of tyre that looked as cheap as the polyfiller and well worn front brake discs. This was a vehicle I presume they displayon the elevated stands to attract attention from passing trade. It this vehicle was supposed to attract attention I wonder what the others were like !

I have used other Dealerships in the area ( Simpsons Colne and Claybank in Eccles ) Simpsons of Colne are for me the stand out dealership in the North West -  miles better service.

Shame Lightcliffe didnt provide a better service as they would have been one of my local service centres for my new 2012 Octavia VRS !

Oh well see you at Simpsons Colne !!!

Edited by a.spillane
  • Like 1

What is your experience of Lightcliffe Skoda in terms of customer service.  I have been trying desperately to book my car in to get a problem sorted, but they have not once returned my calls.  I called Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and twice today (Friday) - each time I am promised that someone will return my call but they never do.   

When I've experienced this sort of behaviour in the past from other organisation, it has been a sure sign that things are not going well and the business is about to 'fall over'.  This makes me think twice before thinking about buying my next car from them. 

In the past their service has been faultless - but that is not true now.  Any similar recent experiences?

Can anyone recommend other skoda garages in the warrington area that are not part of the same chain?

Give Alex Lawrie in Liverpool a try.  Have used them for the past 5 years without any problems at all.  Never let me down yet.

Tried to buy a car at Lightcliffe Warrington a couple of years ago.  The experience put me off ever dealing with them again.

No,did the deal for a red Citigo Sport but,got a call this afternoon saying they are still trying to source a red car for me for Sept' 1 which is bit frustrating.BTW tried Lawries first but totally useless.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just had my second service done at 28000 miles. Price quoted of £249 was the price I paid. Arranged a courtesy car (fabia monte carlo- cracking car but shame about the dash rattles at only 3000 miles!). Was greeted by a sales guy on entering the showroom at 8.30am and as usual the service staff were excellent. Rang me at work to say the service was done. On collecting my car the lady at the service desk was very friendly and efficient. She clearly knew her stuff and arranged for the car (which had been cleaned) to be brought to the showroom door for me. A small thing but I think things like that count. Overall I can only recommend these guys. Best dealers of any make of car I have owned.

• 3 months later...

Mixed results for me.

Having been let down by Mitchells in Ellesmere Port (again) I decided to try these.

Cons:

• Was initially ignored by three employees who were having a conversation.  Whilst introducing myself found a male employee interrupting me to talk across to his colleague.

• When I phoned to book the appointment I advised the Satnav wasn't working and suggested it was more than likely to be the GPS unit (lots of stories of these going wrong and the split screen was showing no GPS fix, no satellites).  Despite this, after confirming the GPS unit needs to be replaced, they advise they have to order one in and I need to go back next week. More time and travel costs.

Pros:

• After looking for my keys the employee asked if I was in a hurry as they were just about to wash the car.

• Was offered a free taxi ride into town whilst they do the work next week

I'll report back when they've done the work and we'll see how good they are then.

I bought a new VRS diesel estate from Lightcliffe Skoda, Warrington in November 2013 and i can't fault them at all.

I went in and initially spoke with Mike and stated my budget, car i wanted to trade in and details of the car i wanted.

I was in a rush so i couldn't stay and go through figures so he took my details and he arranged to call me the next day.

True to his word Mike called me and with my trade in price stated we could do business on my budget and arranged for me to come in

and speak with Adrian the following day.

Adrian was brilliant, didn't push for a hard sale and got me the car that i wanted for a price that i wanted. Deal was done and the order placed the same day

so i was made up. Mike offered a deal for gap insurance, smart repair and paint protection but i stated that i could get gap insurance cheaper online and he asked me how much for. When i told him he offered the gap for the same online price and i got all three (gap,smart repair,auto glum protection) for a really good price. the smart repair alone is a great product with unlimited claims that cover alloys and paint chips,dents,scuffs etc so really happy.

When i collected the car the Tax disc hadn't yet arrived which is quite normal as it was a brand new car with a quick delivery. Adrian stated that these get delivered to the dealer and not to my address but without asking he said he would drop it off at my home for me when it arrived. Adrian did this a few days later as promised and i thought that was a decent thing to do for a dealer as it saved me a trip across town to collect it.

my car is actually going back to the dealer tomorrow 21/1/14 for some minor warranty fixes (nothing major) and the service centre got this booked in sharpish and offered a courtesy car.

All in all a great service and i highly recommend buying a car from this dealer.