Mk1 underseat box

anewman

Can I ask where in Ireland you got them?

As Im jusy over the border and may risk trying them on a MK2 at that price.

Skoda dealer Pat Keogh in Laois, but if your on the border and want to trade in glass beads instead of sterling, then i had dealings with Doran Motors Ltd, Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan, in the past who were alright.

As far as I'm led to believe they definitely fit the early mk2 - don't know about the later ones. In post #15 above ianr8 has fitted them to a mk2 alright - you could try sending him a PM to see what year his car is?

I've got the underseat boxes in my car (new September last year) - I ordered them when I ordered the car through parts dept at my dealership and they were in the boot when I collected the car (I didn't want to pay labor charge for fitting).

Skoda dealer Pat Keogh in Laois, but if your on the border and want to trade in glass beads instead of sterling, then i had dealings with Doran Motors Ltd, Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan, in the past who were alright.

As far as I'm led to believe they definitely fit the early mk2 - don't know about the later ones. In post #15 above ianr8 has fitted them to a mk2 alright - you could try sending him a PM to see what year his car is?

Cheers fo that.Iam over th border a few times in the next month sowill try and pick them up.

I've got the underseat boxes in my car (new September last year) - I ordered them when I ordered the car through parts dept at my dealership and they were in the boot when I collected the car (I didn't want to pay labor charge for fitting).

Can I be so rude ast o ask how much they were not fitted?

Can I be so rude ast o ask how much they were not fitted?

£17 for the pair

Fiddly job to do as I didn't take the seats out (don't have the right tools and scared of touching airbag connectors). All the screws needed to fit them were already in the seat frame in the relevant holes.

All the screws needed to fit them were already in the seat frame in the relevant holes.

That's uncommonly helpful of a car maker! I still think the one under my drivers seat is of marginal use. I keep my Road Angel in there but hardly ever use it - saves cluttering up the glovebox...

• 2 years later...

Can anyone confirm is it possible to fit (awkwardly) without removing the seats? Just fitted new seats this afternoon but the passenger seat just has the cd multi space. Unfortunately when fitting it one bolt as good as stripped of final tightening. It's as tight as it needs to be and wouldn't mind avoiding removing it if possible!