Display not Functioning (Elegance Model)

Dear All

Please can you help. I have a Skoda 1.9TDI Elegance (55 plate) and part of the display has stopped working.

The MPG, temp etc (the bottom half) works but the top half does not which display the radio or cd information.

I have also noticed that the SAT NAV (when on) normally displayed the directions on the screen, this does not appear to work and remains as the normal screen ie MPG as opposed to the directions which you would expect to see. Highly frustrating.

Anyone have this problem or advise me what I should do?

Thanks all

No idea how to fix but try this. Hold the button on the end of the right stalk for 2 seconds to get the menu up for status, trip computer etc. Then try turning trip computer off then on again. Or it could be the maxidot display thats goosed..

The top third of my display failed to show once. I switched off everthing and gently pressed the sat nav/ radio into the dash all round the edge and it's been OK since.

It happened to mine.......Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your node resistor under the rear passenger footwell is fooked. Are your carpets wet?

Edited by Taxi

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All

Please can you help. I have a Skoda 1.9TDI Elegance (55 plate) and part of the display has stopped working.

The MPG, temp etc (the bottom half) works but the top half does not which display the radio or cd information.

I have also noticed that the SAT NAV (when on) normally displayed the directions on the screen, this does not appear to work and remains as the normal screen ie MPG as opposed to the directions which you would expect to see. Highly frustrating.

Anyone have this problem or advise me what I should do?

Thanks all

Hi,

Did you manage to fix your display? Reason I ask is that I experienced the same thing with my car today.

Thank you

Edited by Myran

• 4 weeks later...

Just happened to me too ('07 Elegance V6TDI); no top maxidot and no radio control from the steering wheel either.

I'm about to withdraw the radio/satnav to see if any connectors have popped out at the back, but maybe I'll wait to see if anyone has found a fix first.

• 3 years later...

Have bumped this thread as I also now have the same problem - loss of comms to the satnav / radio, so the top third of the display shows nothing and the steering wheel buttons (volume and channel change) now don't work. The maxidot display is good as pressing the end of the stalk for two seconds makes the whole screen area active, but in normal operation, the top third is now black and inactive.

Has anyone found a fix for it? Thanks.

• 11 months later...