vrs and a dog

mikejay

anyone got experiences of having a dog in your fabia vrs? have you got a dog guard? does it go in the boot with parcel shelf removed? just got a black lab pup and just working out the best travel arangements when it gets bigger.

anyone got experiences of having a dog in your fabia vrs? have you got a dog guard? does it go in the boot with parcel shelf removed? just got a black lab pup and just working out the best travel arangements when it gets bigger.

We have our dog in the boot all the time. She's a cross breed but mainly lab and staffy so is slightly smaller than a lab. We have an OEM dog guard but haven't used it for a couple years as we found she doesn't try to get over into the back of the car anyway.

To use it you remove the parcel shelf and it clips into where the parcel shelf fits either side then a couple of clamps hold it in place along the top. We were thinking of selling it if you're interested as we don't use it any more.

Let me know if you are.... Or need any other info etc....

Cheers

Dave.

I have a GSP, and he fits in the boot no probs. Got rid of the parcel shelf and got a Travall dog guard, as it can come out really easily if necesary: Clicky

I have no experience of the Skoda guard, or whether it's better or not. Looking at them, the Travall design seems better/easier though.

Pics:

P1000151.JPG

P1000152.JPG

P1000153.JPG

We have our dog in the boot all the time. She's a cross breed but mainly lab and staffy so is slightly smaller than a lab. We have an OEM dog guard but haven't used it for a couple years as we found she doesn't try to get over into the back of the car anyway.

To use it you remove the parcel shelf and it clips into where the parcel shelf fits either side then a couple of clamps hold it in place along the top. We were thinking of selling it if you're interested as we don't use it any more.

Let me know if you are.... Or need any other info etc....

Cheers

Dave.

how much would you be looking for?

I have a GSP, and he fits in the boot no probs. Got rid of the parcel shelf and got a Travall dog guard, as it can come out really easily if necesary: Clicky

I have no experience of the Skoda guard, or whether it's better or not. Looking at them, the Travall design seems better/easier though.

Pics:

P1000151.JPG

P1000152.JPG

P1000153.JPG

That looks very nearly exactly the same as the OEM Skoda one.... It fits in the same way too!!! :)

how much would you be looking for?

Was looking for £20..... postage might be a bit though as it's quite bulky. I could find out how much it would cost to post later this week when i'm off if ya like.

Cheers

Dave.

Ok matey i've got an early finish tomorrow afternoon so i'll get the dog guard out and have a look on that site and drop you a PM with a price.

Cheers

Dave.

Got a Labrador x Weimaraner - almost 3 years old, fits in the boot perfect with the parcel shelf removed.

Scratches the bumper a wee bit on entry and exit but getting it detailed then some scratch proof film put on to stop it happening again.

Only thing is dribble and dog hairs as I like my car looking good!

Scratches the bumper a wee bit on entry and exit but getting it detailed then some scratch proof film put on to stop it happening again.

Doing the same with mine, as I cringe every time he jumps in.

Only thing is dribble and dog hairs as I like my car looking good!

Yep, main issue with mine is dog snot on the rear window, where he presses his nose against the glass. :dull:

Hi:

My wife had a Fabia 1 which she has just traded in for a new Fabia........she takes her dogs everywhere.

If you are worried about scratch marks from the claws on the bumper, get yourself a dog ramp. It’s kinder on the dogs joints as they get older as they don't have to jump up and down from the rear of the car - and more importantly it avoided me having to lift them in and out! I made one for about £25. This was a lot cheaper than paying for arthritis treatment at the vets if they ever damaged their hips from leaping in and out.

2 springer spaniels (25Kg each) fitted easily into the boot area.

Biggest problem as others have posted is the dog snot all over the window glass!

She doesnt use a dog guard - with the rear headrests up there is very little space for the dog to get (or be thrown) through.

I’d post some pictures but haven't the time at the moment.

Edited by Minimoke

• 4 years later...

I would love one of these for my MK1 Hatchback, but they don't seem to make them anymore.

Pics:

P1000151.JPG

P1000152.JPG

P1000153.JPG

I have a fabia estate. The dog guard is to stop the dogs from going into the boot. They go in the back seat with a dog hammock. This goes from headrest to headrests so they can't fall off etc. Still got to reinforce it as 2 doberman puppies tend to over come most things. Would like to make a front seat hammock if possible for when my basset is on the front seat.

• Like 1

Word of WARNING for those putting dogs in boot area. Fabias rate highly on the NCAP scale, but ONLY for the passenger cage. That DOES NOT include the front end or more importantly the boot area ,which could be crumple zones. I won't let any person or pet I love travel in my car unless they are in the passenger cage.

• Like 2