COLUMBUS REAR VIEW CAMERA

dose anyone no if i have the ecu /cambus done to get the revercing seners and fan diragrame to come up on the led screen as this is a 3t0 columbus but its gone into a 2007 octy??

Not possible without more parts, parking sensors needs a new parking ECU and extra wiring added. Climate display on screen means you need a new climate control fascia. Neither are worth the expense IMHO.

• 1 month later...

AS ABOVE i want to fit a rear view canera on to my columbus sat nav,

anyone no what leads i need and where to get them from?? :thumbup:

Rear-view cameras are especially useful in tight parking lots, dark areas or in places where children might be running around. You can install as many of these cameras as you want, though one or two is usually enough.

Disconnect the battery cables from the battery. Check the vehicle's repair manual to find out what size wrench to use. Leave the disconnected cables a safe distance from the battery posts.

Decide where you want to install the rear view camera. Most people put them in the plastic bumper so they don't have to drill into the car's sheet metal.

Drill a hole for the camera. Check the installation instructions to see what size drill bit to use. Don't make the hole too large or the camera will fall out.

Place the camera in the hole using the rubber grommet supplied with the camera. Make sure the camera and grommet are tight.

Attach the camera's power wire to the backup-light power wire on your car. You'll have to splice the wires together. Use wire cutters to cut the wires, leaving enough excess wire to reconnect. Strip the ends of the wire to expose the bare wire using wire strippers. Splice the wires together using a two-into-one connector. This will give the rear-view camera power when you put the car in reverse.

Route the camera's output wire to the rear-view monitor and connect the wire to the monitor's input. For installation of the monitor, see the monitor's installation instructions.

Reconnect the battery, start the car and put the car in reverse. The rear view monitor should turn on and give you a view of what's behind you.