How do you remove the rear seats?

Bases simply unclip where they pivot forward, just push the rods towards each other.

Backs are just as easy using a screwdriver to push the metal retainer over and pull the seat up

Edited by alexandjen

Is the metal retainer forthe rears the bit on the edge nearest the door? Can you remember if it pushes left/right or forward/backwards?

Thanks for the help, really appreciated!

Yes it is where the seat back hinges nearest to the doors, can't remember which way it goes now only that it goes either forward or backward.

Just push against it with a large flat bladed srewdriver and it will move.

if the non vrs model octavias have the mid seatbelt fitted to the seatback you will need to unbolt the seatbelt end from the boot floor under the carpet too!

Thanks for all the advise. Rear seat are now out. I just home the Golf Mk4 seats do fit ok, and the ones I have bought on ebay are as described... always a worry...

Edited by mrhclarke

Well seats all fitted. They look great. The only issues I had were that I didn't realise when the rear seat is not clipped in the centre seatbelt locks, I thought it was faulty. And the Golf drivers seat has air bags and a different electrical connector. On looking at it there was no wire from the seatbelt part, so I guess the airbags are not set off frimthe seatbelts. I guess the wires on the golf seat are just to set off the side airbags. I just took the seatbelt clasp off my Skoda seat with wire and screwed it onto the golf seat. Problem sorted, an no worries that the airbags will not deploy.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

The seatbelt connector is just for the warning bong when you turn on the ignition, nothing to do with the airbags deploying.

The yellow connector is for the airbag in the seat and from around 2000/2001 the type of plug changed. If the seats came from an '04 Golf the yellow plug should be the same as the one you already have.

Did you get the centre rear belt fitted OK? I got the mount that bolts to the floor with my leather seats from a Golf.

Edited by SimonJ

My car is an 03 plate, but the connector under the seat is just a small black one with two wires attached to the seatbelt... Weird..

Yeah, centre seatbelt fitted ok. Luckily the golf seat came with the seatbelt clasp. Lucky as the Skoda one bolted down differently.

The seats are so much more comfortable. The Ambient seats gave me back ache once the lumbar broke.