PD170 Stuttering Problem solved

As most of you know ive had a stuttering problem for ages (Well since DPF Removal), It does it mainly when launching from a roundabout or traffic lights in 1st and 2nd gear and then when on motorways when accelerating in 5th and 6th.

Ive read about a fix for PD130,PD140,PD150 & PD160 Engines so ive tried it out on the PD170 and it seems to have fixed it :D :D :D Been for a 40 minute drive since and not been able to replicate the stuttering

So whats needed:

1x Part Number:028131547B (£2 From Dave @ SERE Motors)

1x T50 Torx Bit

Below is the original Gasket (Top) and New Gasket (Bottom)

P1010226.jpg

And this is where the old one came from and the new one is going

P1010227.jpg

Basically all as you do is remove your engine cover and undo the two T50 Bolts off the metal pipe! Pull the pipe away from the EGR, Mine was stuck so i used a biggish screwdriver to do it,My old gasket was also stuck on so i also used a smaller screwdriver to pull that off the pipe and remove it.

Slide the new gasket in and fasten it all back up

Takes literally 5 minutes :D

As i said it seems to have solved mine! Not been able to replicate it but im not promising it will fix everybody's but for £2 its worth a try

Edited by AndrewJB

DPF Removal, Milltek Cat-Back, Panel Filter and Custom Code Phase 2 DPF Delete Remap

Has anyone removed their DPF on their common rail vRS yet? If so what gains / improvements?

Are Miltek selling a delete pipe direct yet?

Edited by jcdub

Some standard PD140 and P170's have the problem aswell tho

But mine started doing it as soon as the DPF Was removed, If thought up an explination for this dunno how true it is tho :giggle:

Basically my theory is..... Because the DPF is removed obviously the exhaust gases are more sooty so the engine is chocking on them when the EGR Kicks in

By restricting it with this Gasket its only getting the original amount of Chokey gases now like when the DPF was there

Thats my theory anyway :giggle:

• 7 months later...

out of interest is it something that VAG Should be applying to standard cars because as we know Standard cars have the same problem, and not just the PD170 seen it on PD140's aswell

Well, if we can fix it then they should be able to. But the PPD ECU wasn't used for very long, probably due to the amount of problems they had and number of software updates etc.

• 1 month later...

Big Update

Today ive removed my EGR Valve and fitted a Roadsport kit made by Darkside Developements (Similar to the one Allard Make)

I took it out for a 20 minute drive, With a mixture of town driving and pure hard driving and so far, Ive not managed to make it stutter at all, Also so far no warning lights

With the Reducer gasket fitted before it would still stutter but not half as much as it did standard

I will report back after the weekend as im driving from Milton Keynes to Scotland (5 hours on M1 and M6) So if its going to stutter it will on that drive

Edited by AndrewJB

• 1 month later...