octavia heater problems

Hi Guys

Just an update as to where im up to, I took the car to skoda for a diagnostic & they came back with this info:

One of the pipes (from the exaust coolant pump to the back of the cylinder head) had a pinhole size hole in it,

& that it could do with further investigation at a cost of £900 to take the head off, which of course im not going to do.

I replaced the hose in question this morning & so far so good, heater seems fine & not losing water .

If the problem does arise again im sure the head either has a crack in it or its warped.

i hope this info helps anyone with same problem.

Just a last note, the pinhole only became visible whilst it was under pressure & would have blown out steam

so there was no evidence of the leak as it was dispersing as it was blowing out of the hose.

if it has fixed it i cant believe i've spent all that money for nothing :((

fingers crossed

dirk

Hi Guys

Just an update as to where im up to, I took the car to skoda for a diagnostic & they came back with this info:

One of the pipes (from the exaust coolant pump to the back of the cylinder head) had a pinhole size hole in it,

& that it could do with further investigation at a cost of £900 to take the head off, which of course im not going to do.

I replaced the hose in question this morning & so far so good, heater seems fine & not losing water .

If the problem does arise again im sure the head either has a crack in it or its warped.

i hope this info helps anyone with same problem.

Just a last note, the pinhole only became visible whilst it was under pressure & would have blown out steam

so there was no evidence of the leak as it was dispersing as it was blowing out of the hose.

if it has fixed it i cant believe i've spent all that money for nothing :((

fingers crossed

dirk

At last its fixed, i had to get the head taken off & skimmed,

there was some scores on the head next to the water jackets which was causing the heater problem & loss of water.

£550 done & dusted.

Cheers for all the help & advice.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem on my skoda octavia TSI from 2009.

I have been changing the ventilation flap motor but didnt help out.

Now the workshop wants to change the heater matrix but I cant believe that is the problem.

And if it is the problem it should be corrected by blowing air through it if there some garbage stuck in there.

dirkthrust, could you explain to me more precisely maybe with some pictures?

Best,

Lars