Heated wing mirrors operation

Hi all

quick question abot the heated wing mirrors and how they work?

Am I correct in thinking to switch them on you need to switch the heated rear windscreen button or do they come on using the wi g mirror adjustment switch?

Cheers

Mine come on by just switching the mirror adjustment wheel to face the front (heated window setting). I do not need the rear screen on as well.

+1, 1 o'clock for drivers side adjustment, 5 o'clock for passenger side adjustment, 9 o'clock for heated mirrors! :thumbup:

Are the heated mirrors on a timer, or are always on whilst the knob slects them ?

BTW the heated rear window is the slowest to demist of any car I have ever owned.

Must be all that water in the boot carpet when you lift the tailgate in the rain !

Are the heated mirrors on a timer, or are always on whilst the knob slects them ?

BTW the heated rear window is the slowest to demist of any car I have ever owned.

Must be all that water in the boot carpet when you lift the tailgate in the rain !

once you turn the heated mirrors on then they stay on until you switch them off. My mirrors never get too hot. I have a fabia courtesy car at the moment and noticed that they had been left on , touched the mirror glass and it was boiling!

once you turn the heated mirrors on then they stay on until you switch them off. My mirrors never get too hot. I have a fabia courtesy car at the moment and noticed that they had been left on , touched the mirror glass and it was boiling!

Not sure if this applies to all Octys but with mine they are controlled by a timer, although there is nothing obvious to indicate this is happening. The only reason I know is because it's possible to change the number of minutes it stays on with VCDS.

Perhaps the Fabia is different and they really do stay on until you switch them off?

maybe thats why when i felt the mirrors on my octy, they werent reallythat hot. Would make sense! The fabia deffo dosent have a timer. If it does then the courtesy car i have has a broken timer!

Can someone tell me if the heated mirrors are standard on all octavias models. Mine is a 2010 vrs and it has the heated mirror symbol on the door mirror switch but it does not seem to work for me. Thanks

+1, 1 o'clock for drivers side adjustment, 5 o'clock for passenger side adjustment, 9 o'clock for heated mirrors! :thumbup:

Different on the FL then! 12 o clock for the heater!

9 o'clock on mine and it's an FL....

Ok, on mine the dot has to be pointing towards the front of the car. Depends which way you look at it i suppose!!

Not on a timer on my FL. On position is at 9am with line pointing at the heater symbol. You may have to lean forward to see that.

The FL is different then, mine is on 9pm! :rofl: but are we talking BST or GMT?

Edited by Pagey1255

The FL is different then, mine is on 9pm! :rofl: but are we talking BST or GMT?

It's the same set up on both facelift and pre-facelift Octavia's.

9 o'clock is the position for the heated mirrors. The fact that the heated mirror symbol is at 11 o'clock can easily confuse, however the white line on the knob should be at 9 o'clock (facing in the direction of the car - or towards the dashboard) for heating of the glass to be active.

There is no timer, as long as the switch is at 9 o'clock the glass is happily heating away, even in the height of summer. So remember to return to the switch to in between L and R.

The heated mirrors also work independently to the rear heated screen.

MirrorSwitch.jpg

My car came with a great invention, which helped me to work the mirrors and many other parts of the vehicle. Not sure if anyone else has one? Mine is called the owners manual, or handbook.

Amazing how few there seem to be - shouldn't we campaign to make these a standard supplied with all cars?

:giggle:

Actually, I shouldn't laugh as I was wondering how to set the cruise control today, and I've had the car 3 weeks...

Edited by pixor

i find on my pre fl that if i leave them constantly switched on they stop after a while, have to switch off and on to get em going again

i find on my pre fl that if i leave them constantly switched on they stop after a while, have to switch off and on to get em going again

Interesting, just roughly how long is it before they turn off?

My car came with a great invention, which helped me to work the mirrors and many other parts of the vehicle. Not sure if anyone else has one? Mine is called the owners manual, or handbook.

Amazing how few there seem to be - shouldn't we campaign to make these a standard supplied with all cars?

When I picked my new Octy up I asked the dealer about the alarm and when she looked in the handbook found it was written in Czech. Replaced quickly from another car. Only hope the poor sod who bought the other car can read Czech.