Engine Number Where on block

Does anyone know where on engine block the number is stamped? I have horrible feeling it's right down the front under manifolds and near oil filter?

Can anyone tell me for sure? Need to see for myself what engine is in my Octavia before I launch it back at the the dealer who sold it to me. I am betting money on the engine being the same engine it rolled out the Czech Republic with - dispite the dealer stating on warantee paper-work in writting the engine was replaced, as clutch/flywheel, cam belts any everything else.

The clutch went at 11K miles as warantee ended, the oil pump went - distroying the turbo. the cam belt was marked before it went back and still has same cambelt. The flywheel was original one acordding to PTS Portsmouth Trade Parts (audi/VW/Skoda distributor - the surcharge clutch was probably original too?

I think they are cowboys - who did minimum to get car running then left me with a nightmere of a VRS Ocy. Sparshatts Skoda in Fareham said it is probably crankshaft has no oil pressure - which is why it went back under warantee.

I am betting on the original engine being in the car still.