My Fab 1.2 TSI Ambient

Did anyone of you who are driving Fabia 1.2TSI 105bhp, noticed that in 1st gear feeling that the engine is not releasing it's full power, something like safety limit from wheel spinning and damaging the engine while in 2nd and 3rd gear the engine has more power, it might be that I'm affraid to give it full throttle in 1st gear and in 2nd and 3rd I push it harder. Does anyone know of such limitator?

Did anyone of you who are driving Fabia 1.2TSI 105bhp, noticed that in 1st gear feeling that the engine is not releasing it's full power, something like safety limit from wheel spinning and damaging the engine while in 2nd and 3rd gear the engine has more power, it might be that I'm affraid to give it full throttle in 1st gear and in 2nd and 3rd I push it harder. Does anyone know of such limitator?

Yeap. That's right. You can also try full throttle while your engine runs idle. You will find out that your revs will stop at about 2.800 rpm. This is absolutely normal due to engine protection.

Did you try to stop your car, then let your engine run idle and then turning your steering wheel to the left and to the right quickly having the rear defrost button activated ? If so did you hear a tsik tsik tsik tsik tsik sound?

Yes, that's exactly how it feels to me too.

Hum, my 105 must be an odd one then, will give full welly in all gears (and will loose traction in the first three on anything other than dry tarmac) and will redline if its in neutral as well.

It gives a really good pull in 1st gear but somewhat weaker, it also spins wheels in 2nd and 3rd, when the turbo kicks in the party starts! :D And your Fab color is awesome, probably the best available for me, I prefer silver alloys but Gigaro are great anyways.

It gives a really good pull in 1st gear but somewhat weaker, it also spins wheels in 2nd and 3rd, when the turbo kicks in the party starts! :D And your Fab color is awesome, probably the best available for me, I prefer silver alloys but Gigaro are great anyways.

And the good think about the TSi, I think, is when you give it some weely and you get a little rumble from the engine - been told by my dads mate it sounds like a baby version of his 911 GT3! Once they are run in a bit the turbo kick isn`t quite so violent but it also starts to be noticable (just) in 4th!

Oddly enough, I prefer the dark blue yours is in!!! Have the standard Comets in silver as well, considering getting them re-done into white.

• 2 weeks later...

Ross, Comet are one of my favorite alloys for Fabia, aside with Kentaur.

Another thing, the board computer have indicator for gear shift. When i drive 60 km per hour in 4th gear after a few moments the icon flashes that I can shift up into 5th gear. Then the rpm is around 1400, my friends keep convincing me that this is really bad for the engine, that it needs more rpm, that by driving like this i keep choking it and what not. Is it really that bad, the engine works all normal in this regime, it works even, no chokes and what so ever. So, do I go keep listening to BC indication or drive it a bit more aggressively? Note that when I am doing 60kmh in 5th and I need acceleration I normally drop it into 4th or 3rd gear, I do not keep lugging it with too big throttle when it is in low rpm.

Edited by Uro? TSI

Mine does that at the same RPM, its trying to indicate to you when to change gear to be most fuel efficient. Don`t worry about what your freind says, if you chnage when it inidcates to you aren`t doing the engine any harm at all. I do it all the time, that way it also keeps you below the point at which the turbo kicks in. My car has never struggled when I chnage gear when it indicates to.

Tnx Ross, I am glad to hear that from you. In Serbia there are almost no Fabia TSIs at all, I saw only one more besides mine, and it was 63kw. Everybody drives HTPs, then 1.4 16v.

How much engine oil goes into 1.2TSI? I cant find it in my manual.

Edited by Uro? TSI

Uroš TSI, my car is like yours, but with DSG.

In D, the car tries to drive in higher gears. Sometimes 55-60 Km/h in 7 (about 1200 -1400 rpm).

I think the engineers no programmed the gearbox so if it were bad for the engine

Regards.

Edited by paleti

Ross, Comet are one of my favorite alloys for Fabia, aside with Kentaur.

Another thing, the board computer have indicator for gear shift. When i drive 60 km per hour in 4th gear after a few moments the icon flashes that I can shift up into 5th gear. Then the rpm is around 1400, my friends keep convincing me that this is really bad for the engine, that it needs more rpm, that by driving like this i keep choking it and what not. Is it really that bad, the engine works all normal in this regime, it works even, no chokes and what so ever. So, do I go keep listening to BC indication or drive it a bit more aggressively? Note that when I am doing 60kmh in 5th and I need acceleration I normally drop it into 4th or 3rd gear, I do not keep lugging it with too big throttle when it is in low rpm.

There is no problem following the BC gear indicator. I use to follow it and i have really low fuel consumption. If you accelerate very smoothly from 60Km/h there will be no problem but if you want to accelerate faster then you should shift down to 4th or 3rd gear, this is how i use to drive my Roomster.

Tnx Ross, I am glad to hear that from you. In Serbia there are almost no Fabia TSIs at all, I saw only one more besides mine, and it was 63kw. Everybody drives HTPs, then 1.4 16v.

How much engine oil goes into 1.2TSI? I cant find it in my manual.

The oil capacity of your engine is 3.6 litres and you can find it at page 206 of your manual. If not try to download it from Skoda-auto.com. Follow the link and choose Fabia.

http://new.skoda-auto.com/com/service/documentation/Pages/documentation.aspx

It's fine to cruise along at very low revs, it's only a problem if you then put the engine under heavy load. In a DSG car, you can be in 7th at 40mph. If you then put your foot down, it drops a few gears and goes. You should do the same in a manual car. To accelerate hard at 40mph, you should be in 3rd or 4th gear, then back to 5th to cruise again. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I noticed few days ago that when releasing the clutch, in the position when it is almost fully released i hear a 'click' sound from the left side of the engine compartment, it this normal, the car goes well as it always did, no trouble with gear changing, selection etc. This sound is present in driving or when standing still and just pressing and releasing the clutch pedal. Anyone? Thanks

Hi guys, I noticed few days ago that when releasing the clutch, in the position when it is almost fully released i hear a 'click' sound from the left side of the engine compartment, it this normal, the car goes well as it always did, no trouble with gear changing, selection etc. This sound is present in driving or when standing still and just pressing and releasing the clutch pedal. Anyone? Thanks

I think I've heard this too, I'll have a good listen tommorrow and let you know.

see what I mean,not good no engine covers thankfully mine will have :wonder:

Yes your diesel will require something to reduce the rubbish diesel knocking sound that yours will produce. :giggle:

The TSi unit sounds so sweet and tunefull no one in their right mind would want to make it quieter. Having driven both I'd actually say the TSi without engine cover is quieter than the CR TDi with engine cover. :smirk:

Cheers

Lee

I can hear a slight click when the clutch engages, but it is very faint and I have to listen hard to hear it. If the car is moving, the noise is easily drowned out by the tyre noise.

Hi Uros, I tried my clutch too and I had the same very faint click sound like 'Mike Wrightson' above. It's sounds like as a electric relay been pressed, like pressing the rear window defrost button.

• 1 month later...

This morning I notices a strange plastic-on-plastic rattling sound coming from the direction of the glove box, and only when idling. Did anyone of you guys noticed something similar? I am now on ~12000km. When I open the engine compartment I thing that everything sounds normal, with the same but diminished sound coming from behind the radiator liquid reservoir.

This morning I notices a strange plastic-on-plastic rattling sound coming from the direction of the glove box, and only when idling. Did anyone of you guys noticed something similar? I am now on ~12000km. When I open the engine compartment I thing that everything sounds normal, with the same but diminished sound coming from behind the radiator liquid reservoir.

I get it in my 08 fabia glovebox rattle and the mew crtdi has started as well it's down to everything starting to loosen up, and cheap plastic!!!