Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Stopped for lunch at Bryce's splendid seafood pub in Ockley, Surrey today. When we emerged there was red 1.8 Tsi 10 plate parked next to us.

SWMBO, who usually takes no notice of cars at all is smitten and now wants a red 1.2Tsi DSG. Result! I think, although it's going to cost me...

Edited by Rob666

In August I did over 3000 miles through France and Spain and saw 1. :o

In October I did over 2000 miles to Germany and Switzerland and back and saw 1. :o

On Saturday I did a 140 mile journey to Mansfield and saw 2 - both at Junction 19-20 of the M1! :rofl:

• Like 1

I went to Sinsheim in Germany yesterday and only saw 1 Yeti, it was a Steel Grey with Ivory interior, looked very nice. Was a Luxembourg registered car and had a lot of the options on it, maybe someone on here?

On the contrary, I have seen quite a lot up North, about 2 weeks ago I saw:

Blue SE twice, centre of Durham and near the university

Silver Elegance near Crossgate Moor

White S near Langley Moor

and about 1 month ago, I saw an identical car to mine, Aqua Blue S near Birmingham and Oxford.

On my way north on Saturday morning, on the A69, I saw a steel grey heading east, then just over the Carter Bar on the A68 I met a red one - flashed both, but no response from either.

Edited by Jock

Having done over 400 miles this past weekend to nearly in Wales and back we saw the exact sum total of ZERO Yetis! We always have a competition in the car to spot Audi A2s and Yetis with everyone having to guess the number of each. The very scarce A2 is always at around 5 to 6 a day on a trip of this distance. Yet on most trips we only ever spot maybe 1 Yeti the entire trip. Personally I like it that way! Keeps mine scarce! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Went to Nuneaton yesterday and back home to Sutton today and only saw the one Yeti, a lady in a Steel Grey , like mine, but cleaner emoticon-0136-giggle.gif , on M40 a bit south of Oxford.

It was not me. Mine is Steel Grey but I'm not a Lhaydee and mine has not been washed since the day I bought him! He is now FILTHY!

It was not me. Mine is Steel Grey but I'm not a Lhaydee and mine has not been washed since the day I bought him! He is now FILTHY!

Elsie should be white, but she was so bad that I could have written all over "also available in Cappuccino!"emoticon-0140-rofl.gif so I washed her yesterday. I could barely reach the middle of the roof!

Mike

Elsie should be white, but she was so bad that I could have written all over "also available in Cappuccino!"emoticon-0140-rofl.gif so I washed her yesterday. I could barely reach the middle of the roof!

Mike

You need one of these little white steps Mike! Will fit Elsie perfectly!

• Like 1

I saw a silver grey Yeti drive past last week while I was shovelling snow.It had some writing on the sides so I thought it must be a Demo . As it passed I saw it had yellow and orange chevrons all across the back , with" Highway maintenance "in big letters.....Looked quite cool. B)

what you need to reach the middle of the roof is a pole with a brush.

or a pair of poles with brushes. one for each side. gets the job done twice as quick :giggle:

I saw a silver grey Yeti drive past last week while I was shovelling snow.It had some writing on the sides so I thought it must be a Demo . As it passed I saw it had yellow and orange chevrons all across the back , with" Highway maintenance "in big letters.....Looked quite cool. B)

Snap saw one the same in Ilkley on Monday

I passed a, I think steel grey one today on the road between Henley & Wallingford before Bix. I went past it a bit too fast to see what it was, and no I didn't wave or beep, as I was driving my Polo at the time - all 59bhp (when it was new 11 years agoemoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

I won't be using that for a while now, as my last steed did 125mph on the way home down the M4 (OK beside it on some tracksemoticon-0140-rofl.gif)

Mike

I passed a, I think steel grey one today on the road between Henley & Wallingford before Bix. I went past it a bit too fast to see what it was, and no I didn't wave or beep, as I was driving my Polo at the time - all 59bhp (when it was new 11 years agoemoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

I won't be using that for a while now, as my last steed did 125mph on the way home down the M4 (OK beside it on some tracksemoticon-0140-rofl.gif)

Mike

Just back from 10 days (business and pleasure) in London, Provence and Paris and not a single SM to be seen! As elusive in the flesh as in the order book - still no news of mine (ordered 17 weeks ago yesterday!).

Edited by hmibennett

Spotted three Monsters this afternoon all in or around Skipsea on the East Yorkshire coast, first one I think in silver had a company logo on the drivers door and high vis chevrons all over the boot hatch. The other two were either grey or aqua but it was getting dusk therefore difficult to say for sure.

TP

We saw three on Saturday on the A1 going south- two Steel Grey and one Aqua blue and then going back to London we saw two, both black heading north. In the seven months waiting for my car and now in owning it I have yet to be over taken by, or over take another Yeti! Weird.

There must be more of them about, we were in the small village of Kingussie, Central Highlands and saw two within minutes. After having a quick bite in the pub, I spotted another parked across the road, so I crossed to have a nosy through the windows . The family really think I've been infected with Skoda bug now!

I didn't see any either on my drive up to near Gleneagles yesterday, or any on the way in to Edinburgh today. Just about to leave the centre now and look for Elsie. It is cold up here. Was -8 deg C on the way here this morning.

Mike