Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Zero Yeti's around SW Oxfordshire, not seen one - only mine. Black 170 Elegance. First one to spot me doesn't win a prize.

I could win the mucky Yeti prize though, Tesco's car washers have lost the contract, me wash the car - not in this weather!

Chris.

>I could win the mucky Yeti prize though, Tesco's car washers have lost the contract, me wash the car - not in this weather!<

I wondered where they'd gone. thought maybe the Border Agency had raided them. :giggle:

Found them at the local Sainsburys instead.

Fred

I didn't see any either on my drive up to near Gleneagles yesterday, or any on the way in to Edinburgh today. Just about to leave the centre now and look for Elsie. It is cold up here. Was -8 deg C on the way here this morning.

Mike

There areat least two running around the Forfar area- a pacific blue 10 plate and a 60 plate in silver B)

Saw 2 today in Cardiff, a Muscovado Yeti with personal plates on Cathedral Road which I later saw parked on the side of the road by Radyr so I assume it's Glamorgan. I also saw a red 60 plate yeti in the Leckwith shopping park near the CCFC stadium. First sightings for a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Having done nearly 2000 miles this Christmas break we saw 5 driving to Cornwall, none whilst there and 2 coming back. Driving to Edinburgh we saw zero and saw 4 coming back including (as I said somewhere else) the very first ever Yeti I actually overtook! All the ones I've seen in the last 4000 miles as well in the seven months before have always been on a motorway going the other way. emoticon-0106-crying.gif So I've never been able to get a good look of one on the move from behind.

A muscavado followed me down Beverley Road in Hull on Monday - I thought they'd catch up with me as I parked up in the town, but they'd vanished by then.

A Silver Grey UK reg pulled in behind me today on the N4 at Mullingar, overtook me and turned off for Killucan. Strange reg S50STE. Noticed it in the rearview and checked again when it pulled in ahead of me

I passed a silver yeti pulling a caravan down the M6 on new years day.

actually passed him again after I pulled in to tebay for a coffee.

we flashed each other, it was very sweet.

Silver yeti looked so manly pulling that huge caravan! ;)

I drove all the way to Mansfield and back on Friday and saw none in the whole 420 mile journey.

I drove through Addiscombe in Croydon today and saw a black '10' reg one, and then later, an aqua blue '10' with a sunroof follows me down the A21 and into Beckenham and turned off into Waitrose.

Mike

friday saw a mirror image of my muscovado going the other way on A41 near hemel,

on our trip to birmingham on saturday i saw a corrida red one going south on the M6 by corley services.

anyone on 'ere i wonder?

I saw a silver one going southwest down the A46 on Friday near Newark, whilst going Northeast in my incredibly dirty Red one. The other driver looked shocked to see another Yeti!

As stated in the bochure :-

" Welcome to Yeti

It’s out there.

United Kingdom Edition

The search is over but the adventure is only just beginning.

Yeti, the newest member of the Škoda family is finally coming

in from the cold.

Yeti strikes the perfect balance between on road performance,

family orientated practicality and rugged 4x4 styling. With its

choice of two or four wheel drive, diesel and petrol engines,

flexible Varioflex rear seating system, sizeable boot space and

higher ride height, Yeti is perfect for life in towns and cities.

But if driving off the beaten track appeals, at the mere push of the

off-road button, Yeti turns into a highly capable off-road vehicle.

It is adept at climbing slippery slopes, descending steep hills and

maintaining control on difficult terrain using the very latest in 4x4

systems. Yeti has all the benefits of a 4x4 vehicle combined with

the practicality and drive of a family hatchback.

Get ready for numerous sightings of Yeti in the countryside, towns

and cities all across Great Britain - it’s the car that’s happy everywhere! "

Personally, I've yet(i) to see one on the road - must get out more !

Spotted a Steel Grey (I think) Yeti on Calle General Franco, Los Cristianos, Tenerife at 11:50 on Monday 17th January. I didn't flash and wave, I was walking. :p

Stewart

Day 3 in Sofia Bulgaria. Have spotted three Yetis so far. One green one, one Steel Grey and one Cappuccino. Sebast any of these yours?

Since I acquired my Corrida Red Elegance 4x4 TDI CR 170 almost two weeks ago I've only seen two other Yetis (is that the plural of Yeti?).

One I've seen frequently, twice a day almost every day, in or near Hebden Bridge - seems to be commuting to and from work at about the same time as me but heading in the opposite direction. Silver or grey, not sure of precise model.

The other was a black 4x4 TDI that pulled up outside a newsagents/corner shop in Bradford at almost the same time as me ... and daft grins were exchanged between me and the other driver. :yes:

I am spoilt for seeing other Yeti's, was parked next to a mettalic grey SE at work on Friday, and a Mettalic Blue base model was further down the car park. They are becoming popular as company lease cars where I work. I ordered the first one, then everyone kept asking about it, looked at it when it arrived and some ordered one. I have had mine 6 months and now all those other orders will soon be arriving after their long wait.