Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

(somewhat belatedly)... I saw your 900000 reg Steel Grey Yeti driving past Churchill Place in Canary Wharf just before Xmas... hope you're having a lovely time in Bulgaria!

OHHHHH!!! I've been spotted!!!! That is a first! What car were you in?! Awh..... emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

St Albans is getting very busy with SM's.

seen 3 silver, 1 green, 1 red, 2 muscovado, a black one and think the same white one, twice. all in the last 2 days?!?!

On a trip south on Monday, for the first time ever I followed a steel grey (I think!) SM for about 40 miles down the M1 before it turned off towards Nottingham. Registtration ended 60 WLW, if I remember correctly.

After driving my Yeti for nine months I got my first Flash and Wave yesterday on my way to Scarborough.

Flashed and a Wave from an Amazon Green (I think) Yeti on the A 171 travelling north near Whitby around 1:00pm yesterday.

Unfortunately I was concentrating on the car in front so almost missed it and did not have time to acknowledge but it did cheer me up.

Anyone on this forum?

Del

St Albans is getting very busy with SM's.

seen 3 silver, 1 green, 1 red, 2 muscovado, a black one and think the same white one, twice. all in the last 2 days?!?!

Oh Great! As soon as I get mine they start coming out of the woodwork around here. Watch out for another red one....

S_M

Two in two days for me. yesterday at the roundabout in Ackworth, Yorks, Silver, waved but not sure if there was a response - we were both on the roundabout at the time. Today another silver on Houghton road in Thurnscoe, South Yorks.

Stewart

I see the odd silver one either in Tesco's car park in Shripney or in the Gunwharf Quays car park in Portsmouth. For some reason I never see one in motion.

Followed a red one like mine down the A614 towards nottingham yesterday morning, I was a couple of cars back so probably he didn't see me, then parked near a white one at the destination.

Yeti is gettig a bit more common now, and everyone is talking about the top gear "review".

Exchanged flashes and waves with a silver/grey (not sure precise colour) SM on the road between Hebden Bridge and Todmorden (A646) this morning; me in the red one!

Blimey, these Snow Monsters must be a pretty rare sight here in Norfolk.

I've been driving over 120 mikes a day for the last couple of weeks, and apart from a couple of captive examples at the local old peoples home come skoda dealership I have yet to see a single one.

Nothing, nada, zip.

Is it me, or just life in Norfolk?

Hi Wibbler, well I'm a Norfolk boy living in exile in Yorkshire. I hope to return home later this year, and I'll be bringing Betty the Yeti with me. In the meantime I visit friends and family as often as possible, so look out for me!

Hi have driven about 2,000 miles round Surrey & not spotted any others until this w/end when spotted ?silver Yeti (could have been very grubby white one) 30/1 3pm sat driving towards North Cheam on the Malden Rd & Sun a lovely clean Candy White Yeti on M23 junc 9 ish but going so fast couldn't (wouldn't) keep up !! :)

Hi have driven about 2,000 miles round Surrey & not spotted any others until this w/end when spotted ?silver Yeti (could have been very grubby white one) 30/1 3pm sat driving towards North Cheam on the Malden Rd & Sun a lovely clean Candy White Yeti on M23 junc 9 ish but going so fast couldn't (wouldn't) keep up !! :)

Wasn't me then. Elsie is filthyemoticon-0136-giggle.gif. I was at the RR day in West Thurrock. I drive all over South London, generally staying within or on the M25, but as have family down just off J9 M25, occasionally go down there, or to Oxfordshire (not yet in the SM, that's in 2 weekends time...).

Note to self: must escape outside the M25 soon........Help!

Mike

Edited by rockhopper

Hi,

Picked up a silver 95 reg today about 16:00 at A40 Woodstock Road roundabout, Oxford and followed West to Eynsham. Waved and flashed - no response.

No one here then.

Must say as this was the first time I saw a SM from the rear, Wow don't they look good!

Chris.

Hi,

Picked up a silver 95 reg today about 16:00 at A40 Woodstock Road roundabout, Oxford and followed West to Eynsham. Waved and flashed - no response.

No one here then.

Must say as this was the first time I saw a SM from the rear, Wow don't they look good!

Chris.

I know I've just had a nap on the sofa but I didn't expect to wake up in the year 2525 :rofl:

TP

Spotted 2 today in Scarborough. A green one (like my Hetti) filling up at Sainsburys and then parked on Albermarle Crescent this morning; and then a red one parked on the headland (Marine Drive) late this afternoon! Didn't manage tp speak to the owners though.

Trev