Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Lovely little town Holt - I live in a village about 5 miles from there, towards Sheringham. Small world ... I'm an ex-teacher (for the last 10 years or so, before I retired, I taught teachers, running a PGCE course). And I have a boat on the Broads, and may be on the water on Saturday! What colour is your Yeti? I'll wave at everybody over the weekend and see if I get a response!

Steel grey, we are picking boat up close to Norwich, saw a white 11 plate yesterday afternoon. Lady driver no wave :-(

Staying in spixworth last night and tonight

I don't normally do yeti spotting as they're so common these days but last night at Edinburgh Airport there was a french yeti, blue with a white roof. Parked in the fast track car park. Anyone on here?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Had to let one past me yesterday, as it had flashing blue lights and sirens, I didn't flash or wave.

I did look resplendent in full police uniform though.

• Like 1

Where did you stay in Fermanagh? I sometimes stay at the Anglers rest in Ballyconnell, not to go fishing though, I go there to visit customers. Lots of lakes around that area.

We stay just outside Newtownbutler in a s/c house .I've known Francis and Pauline at Anglers Rest for years

On our 1st visit we were asked to look after the bar while Francis took Pauline to hospital to have Marie their 1st. The irish are so trusting can't imagine this happening over here. Hoping to get back this sept.

Saw a black Yeti (on a 13-plate) parked up near the market in Ripon today. :happy: While down watching the Spitfire and Hurricane fly-past for Armed Forces Day. No owner in sight, so couldn't wave :hi: . My Yeti was in Harrow-grate all day, without me :| .

Note to self: Must stop waving at Yeti drivers while driving my BMW :blush: . They quite rightly just give me an odd look and wonder "What's that p*****k waving at?" :rofl:

Is it just me, or when in my Yeti and parking up somewhere - if I spot another Yeti parked, I try to park as close as possible, so the two of them can have a little cosy up and a chat, while I'm away? Sad person? :rofl::hi::blush:

Edited by FlintstoneR1
  • Like 2

Is it just me, or when in my Yeti and parking up somewhere - if I spot another Yeti parked, I try to park as close as possible, so the two of them can have a little cosy up and a chat, while I'm away? Sad person? :rofl: :hi: :blush:

What's wrong with trying to teach your Yeti into the secrets of social life? After all up on the snowy mountains with glaciers and all the Yetis natural habitat they wouldnt have much social life education and all they could do is that exact thing. One interacting with the other. :giggle:

Errrrr... or I took it too far? :rofl:

Is this "Steel Grey" then?

20130618_112804_zps09950d6c.jpg

If so - this looks exactly like mine (apart from the wheels).

Yet the V5C, inexplicably to my mind, says it's "Beige"???? :think:

Described as Cappucino in brochure, seems to change colour with different lights quite happy with it and prefer it to our 1st which was steel grey.

Had wheels (Spitsbergs) put on as a upgrade)

Thanks Guys - that helps, I think?

So Steel Grey is a tad darker, or is that just the effect of a dark, wet Wales? Is it Wales? Looks like Wales? If I could make out the breed of sheep lurking behind the Yeti, then I'd know......... Bob?

And Cappucino Beige is...... Errrr...... sort of....... Grey? ish? Then?

Well, that would explain the V5C at least. Czechs must have some different colour filter spec lenses to mine? :hi: :think: :giggle:

There was a red 13 plate in the Devonshire Arms car park today. Later, coming back to the hotel from a wedding I almost waved at a black one, but remembered in time that I was walking!

What's wrong with trying to teach your Yeti into the secrets of social life? After all up on the snowy mountains with glaciers and all the Yetis natural habitat they wouldnt have much social life education and all they could do is that exact thing. One interacting with the other. :giggle:

Errrrr... or I took it too far? :rofl:

no :D i always do the same thing too, if i see another superb parked up... emm quickly park, photo, and drive off,
  • Like 1

Yep you got that right. If my human tries to push me when I'm tired, I'll just go into limp mode :giggle:

Mmmm, I think I may have something in common with my Yeti! :giggle:

• Like 3

Thanks Guys - that helps, I think?

So Steel Grey is a tad darker, or is that just the effect of a dark, wet Wales? Is it Wales? Looks like Wales? If I could make out the breed of sheep lurking behind the Yeti, then I'd know......... Bob?

And Cappucino Beige is...... Errrr...... sort of....... Grey? ish? Then?

Well, that would explain the V5C at least. Czechs must have some different colour filter spec lenses to mine? :hi: :think: :giggle:

Steel grey is grey with a beige tint

Cappucino beige is beige with a grey tint

Simples :rofl:

Mmmm, I think I may have something in common with my Yeti! :giggle:

That's just old age.. And a lack of fuel beer.

• Like 3

That's just old age.. And a lack of fuel beer.

Interesting thought - conventional wisdom would say it's because of too much beer!

• Like 2

Steel grey is grey with a beige tint

Cappucino beige is beige with a grey tint

Simples :rofl:

I would say the steel grey is grey with a blue tint. To be honest depending on the light it can look silver to blue with grey tints.

In my view it's a very clever colour.

In mitigation M'lud, it's because as a relative newbie to Yeti spotting, I haven't seen all the colours "in the flesh" yet.  Plus Cappucino in my brochure actually does look beige. Whereas I still claim my car doesn't look a bit like the brochure colour.

It couldn't be my eyesight - surely not? :blush:

To be fair I know what you mean. I saw a yeti in the work car park recently and I think that it was cappucino.....or was it grey? 

No it was definitely cappucino....maybe  :giggle:

Interesting thought - conventional wisdom would say it's because of too much beer!

I try not to be conventional, it keeps SWMBO on her toes ;)

I would say the steel grey is grey with a blue tint. To be honest depending on the light it can look silver to blue with grey tints.

In my view it's a very clever colour.

Mind you, you could say the same for petrol blue... Is it blue with a green tint or green with more of a blue tint or just an odd mix of the two?

Then again, perhaps it is really dark brown with a hint of cappuccino under street lights. :giggle:

I reckon it's just Skoda messing with our minds. As if they need to after waiting so long for delivery ;)

• Like 3