Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Saw a white 1.2SE yesterday in our dealers.

No surprise you say?

It was, the owners were trading it in for a Fabia!

Just returned from caravan holiday in South Wales. Saw numerous Yetis including one in Carmarthen in Fire Brigade livery. 

One I liked best was the one we parked next to in Tenby. The owner wasn't sure of the colour but thought it was Forest Green, it certainly wasn't available when I bought mine. :sweat:

One thing about the journey confirmed what I'd thought for a long time, Wales is downhill from Sussex! :giggle:

MPG to Wales (towing caravan) was 38, the return journey was 34. QED.

Fred

post-23690-0-70025000-1373733192_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed today and saw several Yeti going to / from and in the Car Park; no point in waving as I was being chauffeured there by my son in his MINI.

Skoda were sponsoring the Rally Stage and had these three Yeti as Marshalls' cars plus a fleet of several others as courtesy cars. uturesag.jpg

They also had a Fabia (not sure if S2000 or WRC) that looked mightily quick.

a6ehu6ug.jpg

Guy Sent from my Xperia S using TapaTalk 4 beta

• Like 1

The owner wasn't sure of the colour but thought it was Forest Green :sweat::giggle:

The colour is actually called Regency Green, also known as Malachite Green in other markets.

• Like 1

I was bumbling around Inverness en route to Ullapool couple of weeks ago, spotted coming the other way something Darth Vader might drive !! All black Yeti with all front brightwork & grey front under-panel blacked out, awesome. Didn't manage to get a full view of the rims, but quick impression was that they were all black too. Looked pretty mean.

On the way home, was tootling along between Aultguish & Garve (for those who know the road) & on one of the straighter stretches, something very low, wide & black suddenly filled the mirrors, was gone in a flash. Aston Martin for sure, possibly a Vanquish. Rolled down the window to listen to it passing a couple more cars in front....made the dash rattle. Reg plate was V12 DNX, so guess it might have been a factory or mag road tester. Anyone else seen ot around anywhere?

Seen a few on Saaramaan island in the Baltic but only managed to get a pic of this

6388AF39-F763-4E70-A570-28A568214610-378

And the Finns love em. They're everywhere in Helsinki.

82536721-6470-42F1-B795-9FD87BB673CE-378

Off to Riga in Latvia tonight so I'll see if I can find any there ?

• Like 2

Liking the plain sailing bit.

I'm currently on Saaremaa island in the Baltic and will be sailing to Riga , Latvia tonight :)

The best news is the DVLA have said I can drive again so I WILL be doing just that from the airport to home on 5/8 :):)

• Like 4

Just passed a light blue one no plates front or rear and no trade plates visible ,I'm presuming it was new.

We hardly ever have a police presence in the  Forest of Dean so little chance of him being pulled over. :happy:

Spotted a few Yetis today.

One member on here with a white L&K that PM'd me and two in the car park at Arundel Castle.

One white, one grey metallic.

A Steel Grey Yeti was spotted in Ripon twice over the w/e.  I guess that was two of us not at Gaydon then!)

Not seen this one before, but may have been a summer visitor just popping in to the shops before migration time? 

Didn't wave as I was out of SeRGie on my own feet both times.

P.S. NOW I know the difference between Steel Grey and Cappucino Beige!! (ref. earlier confusion). :happy:

Candy white Yeti parked outside Ripon Swimming Baths at 09:00 this morning. Owner taking a cooling dip in the oasis, while Yeti was on-guard?  Does T13 BOO belong anyone in here?

Saw 18 all in one go,19 if I include mine, on Sunday (July 28th). Red, White, Blue, Grey, Black, Green etc, etc. The most I've ever seen. Mind you it was at the meet at Gaydon. Does this count???

• Like 2

Just passed a light blue one no plates front or rear and no trade plates visible ,I'm presuming it was new.

We hardly ever have a police presence in the  Forest of Dean so little chance of him being pulled over. :happy:

If shark blue metallic, possibly on the loose from Winners. Maybe the one we had a look at when choosing Ottie's colour (and went back for a couple of peeps during the wait!!!)

Got my first wave from another Yeti today..... and it was a Police Yeti!  And HE waved first!

If it was a shark blue yeti they really would be the boys (and girls) in blue wouldn't they! Yes, I know, other colours are available...

A black Yeti on the M4 Westbound between Swindon and Chippenham today at about 3:30. I saw it in the overtaking lane so slotted in to let it pass, I waved but didn't see a response. Clearly the driver was in a little hurry so I backed off closer to legal speeds. I think It was an SE 110 looking at the all silver TDi badge but as we all know some tinkering can bring that to 170+. I didn't notice a Brisky sticker though....

Anyway, Hello if it was anyone here  :hi: